NHL Hockey Playoff Thread

i wonder if they will be able to beat Anaheim though... But shouldn't they be up against the winner of the San Jose/Nashville series?

Rangers are kicking the Thrashers' ass. It would be nice if the Rangers can finish them off in the next game. I wonder how many teams go from being swept one year to sweeping a series the following year.

Rangers are kicking the Thrashers' ass. It would be nice if the Rangers can finish them off in the next game. I wonder how many teams go from being swept one year to sweeping a series the following year.

Yeah, 7-0 is pretty sad. Where is Marion Hossa? As I recall, Ottawa traded Marion Hossa because he was rumoured to not show up for the playoffs. I guess this proves Ottawa right.

At least Ilya Kovalchuk is doing his bit. He found the scoresheet last night (with 17 PIM), :D

Man those Stars are hopeless, every year its the same thing. Come out blazing, get scared and tighten up so bad, play boring hockey and try to win it 1-0 and then lose in OT. I don't know if its the coaching or what, but I'm starting to lean that way.

They were not playing like this during the regular season. Turco is playing just fine this year so no excuse to be playing so damn tight! This is their best all around team since '99 Stanley Cup, what a waste of all the work they did in the regular season.

Dallas might stretch it to game 6 but only if they win a 1-0 game in Vancouver, and it will only delay the inevitable, a lame ass first round exit again...

Edited by quick

Man those Stars are hopeless, every year its the same thing. Come out blazing, get scared and tighten up so bad, play boring hockey and try to win it 1-0 and then lose in OT. I don't know if its the coaching or what, but I'm starting to lean that way.

They were not playing like this during the regular season. Turco is playing just fine this year so no excuse to be playing so damn tight! This is their best all around team since '99 Stanley Cup, what a waste of all the work they did in the regular season.

Dallas might stretch it to game 6 but only if they win a 1-0 game in Vancouver, and it will only delay the inevitable, a lame ass first round exit again...

Dallas' offense is just pathetic. At least the Canucks have 1 line of good players. The Stars barely have 1 offensively potent line. It's too bad too, becuase I thought the Dallas defense would be able to contain the Cannots. Obviously though, if you only score 1 or 2 goals a game, you're not going to win many.

i wonder if they will be able to beat Anaheim though... But shouldn't they be up against the winner of the San Jose/Nashville series?

It goes highest seed vs lowest seed. Has nothing to do with series match ups.

Yeah, 7-0 is pretty sad. Where is Marion Hossa? As I recall, Ottawa traded Marion Hossa because he was rumoured to not show up for the playoffs. I guess this proves Ottawa right.

At least Ilya Kovalchuk is doing his bit. He found the scoresheet last night (with 17 PIM), :D

Heatley was somewhat of a risk at the time given that he hadn't played since killing his teammate and friend. He played a handful of games, and there were question marks as to whether or not he'd be return to the same form.

i want an anaheim vancouver second round. go to the game in van, be the only idiot there with a duck jersey, it'll be great

and i really want to see that may sucker punch

The Rangers are through to the second round, sweeping the Thrashers and winning one game 7-0 must be a huge confidence builder for them especially as they havn't made it past round one since 97.

Stupid preds decided to stop playing after the first period last night. They are effectively out, but if they play to their ability 3 games in a row I beleive they can get through the first round. But like the Canadiens I am sure they will let me down.

Stupid preds decided to stop playing after the first period last night. They are effectively out, but if they play to their ability 3 games in a row I beleive they can get through the first round. But like the Canadiens I am sure they will let me down.

effin habs :(, eh it's the best thing for them in the long run. It'll force gainey to butcher the team and pay for some free agents... like briere.

The Rangers are through to the second round, sweeping the Thrashers and winning one game 7-0 must be a huge confidence builder for them especially as they havn't made it past round one since 97.

The Rangers played very well. The only thing is they'll be playing Buffalo or Ottawa in the second round. Those are both teams in which they had problems with all season long. All of the offensively powered teams have dominated Rangers throughout the season. Heck, even Pittsburgh beat up on NYR all season long.

The one thing that will definately play to the rangers advantage is that playoff hockey is much different than the regular season. Grit and endurance become much more important. And I predicted Atlanta in 6, so that shows how much I know. I'm still going to pick Buffalo or Ottawa (or Pittsburgh for that matter) over them in the next round in my pool.

But good on New York :)

I don't give Pittsburgh much of a change to get that far. I think their core talent is still too inexperienced. It's been a long season for them and they don't have the maturity to get through the tough times.

I'm not sure that the Rangers will play Buffalo either. Tampa Bay may very well defeat NJ and thus face Buffalo. Vincent Lecavalier and Martin St. Louis have both played well and they have the right balance of youth and experience. I would have suggested that Holmquist was their weak spot but he's been good enough so far. Certainly better than most of the regular season.

i don't like young kids succeeding too easily in the playoffs, however i'm still pulling for pittsburgh to do well, the city just deserves a little success.

Canucks can finish off the Stars tonight OR they can lose, and go to Game 6. As a Canucks fan, if we make it into the next round I'm worried we'll have to face Anaheim. =|