NHL Hockey Playoff Thread

Although if you think about Calgary lost and they beat your AV's so does that mean the AV's woulda lost too :p

Doesn't matter :p The team that kept the Avs out of the playoffs is out as well, so I'm happy.

I don't know why, but I have a bad feeling about this Wings-Sharks matchup... :(

I think we're either going to see another early exit by Detroit or them win the Cup. If they can get past the Sharks, I think they'll do fine, but I don't see it happening.

Ottawa v Rangers eastern final!

I thought the East consisted of Buffalo v. New York and New Jersey v. Ottawa?

I don't know why, but I have a bad feeling about this Wings-Sharks matchup... :(

I think we're either going to see another early exit by Detroit or them win the Cup. If they can get past the Sharks, I think they'll do fine, but I don't see it happening.

If the Canucks win, then the Wings will face the Sharks. Otherwise, it would be Dallas.

And I have serious doubts of a Canuck victory.

I thought the East consisted of Buffalo v. New York and New Jersey v. Ottawa?

I assume he was predicting for the Rangers to beat the Sabres and the Senators to beat the Devils thus setting up a "Ottawa v Rangers eastern final!"

Too bad the Lightning are gone... Loved watching St. Louis and Lecavalier, pure magic. Brodeur was just too good vs Holmquist.

Flames gone too, tough loss in OT last night :( Their home vs road level of play is what killed them this year.

Detroit vs San Jose

Anaheim vs Vancouver

OR

Detroit vs Dallas

Anaheim vs San Jose

Going to find out tonight...

Good to see that Detroit got rid of Calgary. What a bunch of sore losers, picking fights cause your loosing!! Real professional. Idiots!

I really hope Dallas wins tonight. Hate to be picky, but I would personally like to see that happen. As a Detroit fan for 18+ years....not really looking forward to a starting time of 10:30pm ET (If Det. plays San Jose). Not cool!!! lol. But whatever goes....goes. Just want to see a good series and also a good playoffs.

This is hockey at it's best!

Go Wings!

-- Brian

Wow, what a game ! everytime I go work out of tow them 'nucks win !

It should be interesting matchup between Ducks & Nucks, thing is with Vancouver they either lose round 1 or go straight to the final, I can only hope they go to final.

my prediction for San Jose to take Detroit in 6 games, I don't know about Anaheim & Vancouver.

Edited by xpablo

Eastern Conference

Buffalo Sabres v. New York Rangers

As much as I'd love to predict my Rangers to win, I have serious doubts that they may defeat such a team as Buffalo. However, they will give them a run for their money, perhaps six games.

New Jersey Devils v. Ottawa Senators

Chalk this one up to the fact that the Senators always lose. Plus, Brodeur may get into playoff mode. Devils in six games.

Western Conference

Detroit Red Wings v. San Jose Sharks

Don't get me wrong: The Sharks are a very good team. One of the best kept secrets in the league. Yet, I will go with the more reliable bet of the better team, the Red Wings. Likely in seven games.

Anaheim Ducks v. Vancouver Canucks

The last series between the Canucks and the Stars proved how the Canucks (and the Stars) are lacking. Like I have said, not enough scoring. Either the Stars or Canucks would have lost in the second round easily. The Canucks, their "team" consists of Roberto Luongo. Unless Luongo pulls off the most amazing games of his career, I would not give this to Vancouver. Anaheim in five games.

Altogether, the first three series will be very close. No clear victor. I have serious doubts myself over my predictions, because anything could happen (except a Canuck victory over the Ducks).

Yes although one of the reasons I personally think there was a lack of scoring in the Stars vs Canucks series was because of the goalies. Honestly luongo and Turco got a standing ovation. they performed amazingly.

The ducks and canucks series will be very interesting indeed. I believe that if our boys (The canucks) can keep their momentum in actually scoring then we have a chance against the ducks. Because your right luongo cant do it all.

Canucks win!! Yeah bitches!!! My buddies and I were going crazy. Especially when Linden scored.?I was pretty sure we were going to lose this game, but just like all season long, we found a way to win when it counts the most. Great game yet again by Luongo. Anahiem is up next on Wednesday!!

My Predictions for the next round:

Buffalo Sabres v. New York Rangers

New Jersey Devils v. Ottawa Senators

Detroit Red Wings v. San Jose Sharks

The last series between the Canucks and the Stars proved how the Canucks (and the Stars) are lacking. Like I have said, not enough scoring. Either the Stars or Canucks would have lost in the second round easily. The Canucks, their "team" consists of Roberto Luongo. Unless Luongo pulls off the most amazing games of his career, I would not give this to Vancouver. Anaheim in five games.

Altogether, the first three series will be very close. No clear victor. I have serious doubts myself over my predictions, because anything could happen (except a Canuck victory over the Ducks).

Pft, R-Flex. As I recall, your original prediction was Stars in 6, followed by 7 :p.

While you do a decent job of sugar coating your life-long hatred of our home team with some logic and proof, it's still riddled with bias :laugh:

Ps, could you hear the cars honking over at your place? We could hear'em loud'n'clear.

Woot! Go 'Nucks!!

-Ax