[Soccer/Football] Summer Transfers?

Fernando Torres has passed a medical at Liverpool and is expected to complete his ?26.5million move to Anfield in the next 24 hours.

The Atletico Madrid sensation will now return to his home country to bid goodbye to his fans in the Spanish capital, before travelling back to Merseyside to be presented as Liverpool's record signing.

"The player has passed a medical," confirmed a club spokesman.

"All the agreements are now in place and he will put pen to paper on the deal on Wednesday."

Rafa Benitez has targeted Torres as a key recruit as he looks to mount a challenge for the Premier League title next season, and the substantial outlay on the striker nicknamed 'El Nino' is certainly a prominent signal of intent on the part of the Anfield boss.

Torres is expected to sign a six-year contract worth around ?90,000 per week upon joining the five-time European Cup winners, and his arrival will likely increase speculation regarding the futures of Craig Bellamy and Peter Crouch.

Manchester City have been linked with a move for Crouch with former England boss Sven Goran Eriksson set to take charge at Eastlands, but Liverpool have played down speculation that the fans' favourite could be sold.

Chief executive Rick Parry insists the unique striker remains very much a key player at Anfield.

"It is not true that he is the only player not to have been approached about a new deal and he is very much part of Rafa Benitez's future plans," stated Parry.

Luis Garcia has already been moved out of Anfield to help accommodate Torres, joining Atletico in a ?4million deal on Tuesday.

I suppose Torres is a nice sweetner for losing Lil Luis...but it would of been nice to have both!

Colchester United have called a news conference for 1430 BST on Wednesday at which they are expected to unveil ex-England striker Teddy Sheringham.

The 41-year-old is a free agent after leaving West Ham United, and BBC Essex understands that he is set to join the Championship club as player-coach.

Chairman Peter Heard revealed earlier that the U's had held talks with Sheringham over a move to Layer Road.

They have been without an assistant manager since Mick Harford joined QPR.

Sheringham, who has scored 273 league goals in 715 appearances for seven clubs, was awarded an MBE in the recent Queen's Biirthday Honours list.

More recently, his agent Barry Neville had quashed reports linking him with a move to League One side Bournemouth.

He said the striker had held talks with teams in the United States of America and other countries.

So thats where he went :shifty:

I'm glad Teddy is staying in England. I couldn't see him go to the MLS as a player, prehaps a coach later on maybe.

Pompey are in talks with Nuget. I'm not so keen on him as of yet. 6 million for a chumpionship player who not scored many, 6 Million is a lot for an U21 chumpionship player. I' suppose Harry is going in because better strikers are out of reach so Nugent is the nearest thing to a goal scorer we can get. I wouldn't mind Peter Crouch coming back to Pompey.

Toddy will no longer play for pompey as he looks for football elsewhere. Also John Utaka said he would like to play for pompey.

I have to say I don't think Nugent is worth the money that is being offered...but if he starts scoring then the value is worth it.

Nice Beard Rafa ;)

It is Rafa's new "don't mess with me" look :p

For once Rafa did something good.

Oh I know yeah. Getting to two Champions League Finals in three years, how poor is that!

It is Rafa's new "don't mess with me" look :p

Oh I know yeah. Getting to two Champions League Finals in three years, how poor is that!

Should have been 3 out of 3. But really that is all great but I'm sure 'Pool really want to win the Premiership this season.

Yeah, for sure the Prem is a priority this season...but I do not think we will win it. If we are still in the title race by March/April/May and pick up a trophy along the way I will be a happy bunny.

Wolves have finally signed Freddie Eastwood even though Southend earlier denied it Freddie
Southend United can confirm that they have reluctantly agreed to sell striker Freddy Eastwood to Wolverhampton Wanderers tonight.

I love that sentence...you mean they don't really want the money?

I love that sentence...you mean they don't really want the money?

They didn't want to sell him but Freddie wanted to go and i think he is out of contract at the end of the season so they cashed in on him. I think they settled on ?2M plus add ons (no doubt so much IF we get promoted).

They didn't want to sell him but Freddie wanted to go and i think he is out of contract at the end of the season so they cashed in on him. I think they settled on ?2M plus add ons (no doubt so much IF we get promoted).

As a West Ham supporter its great to see one of our trainees do so well:DD

Carlos Tevez last night agreed to join Manchester United in a permanent deal worth more than ?20million.

The move will be completed next week, subject to any challenge from West Ham, who still claim to own the registration of the player who saved them from relegation last season.

However, West Ham have no contract with Tevez and his owner, businessman Kia Joorabchian, which has left the player and his representative free to negotiate a transfer with other clubs.

The news, breaking in South America last night, means that United will take their summer buying past the ?70m mark, confirming them as the biggest spenders in world football.

Tevez was once fined when playing for Brazil's Corinthians for turning up to an official press conference wearing a Manchester United shirt.

He will fly from Argentina's Copa America base here to join United's pre-season programme.

"He just cannot contain his excitement at the news," a source close to the Argentina camp confirmed. "Tevez has been concerned about his future, worried about where he may play next season and now he is joining the biggest club in the world! This is massive news."

Tevez is best friends with United's Argentine defender Gabriel Heinze and was a guest at their end-of-season title party in a London club.

Thats gonna be well bad if tru:(:(

plus Heinze is off to Liverpool if the rumours are correct so the reunion with Tevez wont last long...

Thats gonna be well bad if true :(

plus Heinze is off to Liverpool if the rumours are correct so the reunion with Tevez wont last long...

I hope that's crap about Tevez, but I don't think Heinze is coming to Anfield. If you saw the Torres interview, Rafa downplayed the Heinze link in a not so settle way.

I think Tevez going to Man Utd is a good move. Him and Rooney up front will mean they don't always have to rely on the midfield.

Utd may of spent a bomb this season, but how much will they spend next season or the season after? prehaps not as big as this season.

Grrrr, I would be devoed if Tevez went to the Mancs.

Err, why?

Scirwode

I'm glad Teddy is staying in England. I couldn't see him go to the MLS as a player, prehaps a coach later on maybe.

Pompey are in talks with Nugent. I'm not so keen on him as of yet. 6 million for a chumpionship player who not scored many, 6 Million is a lot for an U21 championship player. I' suppose Harry is going in because better strikers are out of reach so Nugent is the nearest thing to a goal scorer we can get. I wouldn't mind Peter Crouch coming back to Pompey.

Toddy will no longer play for pompey as he looks for football elsewhere. Also John Utaka said he would like to play for pompey.

Toddy has gone to Charlton, which is probably a good move, he may help them go straight back up out of the fizzy-pop league.

Nugent won't sell for anything under 7 or 8 million, which is why Harry had to travel up North to see him :/

I hope he stopped by London on the way back to see if Defoe is interested, I'd rather Portsmouth pay 9 million for Defoe, than 7 or 8 for an unproven Championship player with just 1 cap and a goal that was already going in anyway.

I think Nugent is stalling for a bigger club, or trying to bump his price, he should be happy he's got a chance to go straight into the Premiership next season!

Come January we will lose about 3 strikers if Utaka joins us as well, due to the African Cup, I hope we don't have to see Nugent and Cole up front when that happens!

I think Nugent is stalling for a bigger club, or trying to bump his price, he should be happy he's got a chance to go straight into the Premiership next season!

I think Preston want around ?8m for him which is pretty mad if you ask me because yeah he is proven but at Championship level which means he might struggle at a premier level which means I wouldn't spend more then ?5.7m for him.