Leaked: Windows Live Messenger 8.5

There has been a few Error Reporting dialogues but the program still seems to stay open and work well.

post-645-1180427997.gif

post-22927-1180428612.png

(WLM | Vista welcome screen | Vista contacts)

Am I the only one who hates these hideous things? Horrible. Just horrible. Minimalism, MS, please.

It seems to me people like nice colorful designs (like the 8.5 design) or minimalistic, simple designs (perhaps that reflects the 9x or XP designs).

I see no reason why Microsoft shouldn't allow two designs to use in the program that can be selected when the program is first installed and then from within Options.

It seems like everyone is forgetting that Windows Live Messenger is still beta software, does anyone remember when WLM 8 was still in testing it went trhough various UI changes before MS settled on the UI that was in the final release.

There were lots of UI changes, MS even said that they were sticking to the Orange colouring and then it changed.

I for one love the new UI it fits nicely with Wndows Vista, Aero and numerous other features may not work and new features may not be included, but i think that the leaked build of Windows Live Messenger 8.5 in an early internal build and some feature haven't been implemented, for numerous reasons not disclosed as yet.

So people for yourselves to moan about how it looks is completely selfish and i think you should just wait for beta testing to begin and for a new build to be released and then maybe your moans will be silenced.

post-149938-1180437195.jpg

post-149938-1180437250_thumb.jpg

post-22927-1180428612.png

(WLM | Vista welcome screen | Vista contacts)

Am I the only one who hates these hideous things? Horrible. Just horrible. Minimalism, MS, please.

YES

No you are not the only one, they are hideous.

It seems like everyone is forgetting that Windows Live Messenger is still beta software... to moan about how it looks is completely selfish and i think you should just wait for beta testing to begin and for a new build to be released and then maybe your moans will be silenced.

Moaning is part and parcel of a forum. So as you say, taking part in beta testing and turning moans into meaningful criticisms should help push the next final version in the right direction.

lol 21 pages

What do you expect? People are starving for betas ever since Windows Vista was released :laugh: .

Scirwode

What do you expect? People are starving for betas ever since Windows Vista was released :laugh: .

Scirwode

I still remember that gmail invitation thread....now that was awesome...every 10 minutes there was a new page :laugh:

I used to upgrade messenger every chance I got, this was around the 6.0-7.5 days, but as soon as 8.0 came out (Windows Live Messenger), I completely lost interest. It's just got too bloated and filled with too many useless features that I'm never going to want or use (winks, packs, crap like that). The only good thing they've added recently has been off-line messaging.

I wish they'd just make it more efficient, add more USEFUL stuff instead of glossy, shiny extras I could live without =\

+1 I rarely use WLM messenger now and only when I want a fast file transfer or i'm using my webcam. Otherwise I just use Pidgin :)

Too much crap added into it, especially the rather annoying custom emotes where you have to try and decypher what the person you was talking to has just typed.

So people for yourselves to moan about how it looks is completely selfish and i think you should just wait for beta testing to begin and for a new build to be released and then maybe your moans will be silenced.

I too like the UI... but yeah, that beta build of WLM8 looked terrible :laugh:

I still remember that gmail invitation thread....now that was awesome...every 10 minutes there was a new page :laugh:

The WLM and the Windows Live Mail was worse I think. Practically everybody wanted a Windows Live Mail account and were willing to do anything to get it :laugh: !

Scirwode

Ahmad, nicely done with A-Patch and nice to see you finally decided to include the preview images in a public build - been waiting for that :D

Ahmad, nicely done with A-Patch and nice to see you finally decided to include the preview images in a public build - been waiting for that :D

Yeah I like that idea :D