Whats new about Shift Forums

This is by far the best theme I have seen on Neowin and many other forums. Nice job to those that worked on it and all the previous themes have always been great too such as the Swift themes (especially Midnight).

I like the design. Its the neowin style. But I'm a windows fan till the top, so I like glassy designs, plus I dislike rounded edges, more straight edges, and the vista colors. And I don't like change, I'm swift all the way! :yes:

This is something we all have been waiting for, but I kinda miss the old style of the homepage. Nice job though guys!

Its looks so great. Can't wait to get home from work and look at it on a browser other than IE6.

If you can keep the design and get those RSS-like entries for Games, Software, Apple, Blogs and Forum posts would be awesome.

Speaking about RSS, the icons to the four RSS feeds for Main, Software, Gamers, and Forums are missing.

Maybe a small RSS icon beside each header (i.e. beside "Latest Main News" or to the menu's right edge) could be placed for each?

I'd like to +1 the requests for the forum posts on the front page. I *really* liked that box that used to be there that showed recent forum posts and *all* of the recent news articles from all categories in one box. With three different news sections, it seems dumb to me to have to go through three different menus to read all of the news.

I'd like to see a "Full" news page, but I know that's not going to happen. To me, all of the categories are important and should be visible somewhere *at a glance* on the front page. The old box was perfect for that.

One of the things that I like about /.'s front page scheme is that all of the news is right there instead of each section having its own page. Each section *also* has its own page, but the news is also on the front page (where news goes!!)

I realize that this is just one person's opinion, and I understand "too busy", but I still wanted to speak my mind on the subject. I just seems that by doing it the way it's being done, the software and gamers news take a backseat instead of sharing the spotlight with all other news.

It's all good. It should all be featured.

Brilliant work as ever, looks lovely on Firefox on Ubuntu 7.4

you have 7.4!? ... all i have is 7.04 :p

and i agree with everyone else, the forum looks great! places neowin above every tech news site out there!

I's like to +1 the requests for the forum posts on the front page. I *really* liked that box that used to be there that showed recent forum posts and *all* of the recent news articles from all categories in one box. With three different news sections, it seems dumb to me to have to go through three different menus to read all of the news.

I'd like to see a "Full" news page, but I know that's not going to happen. To me, all of the categories are important and should be visible somewhere *at a glance* on the front page. The old box was perfect for that.

One of the things that I like about /.'s front page scheme is that all of the news is right there instead of each section having its own page. Each section *also* has its own page, but the news is also on the front page (where news goes!!)

I realize that this is just one person's opinion, and I understand "too busy", but I still wanted to speak my mind on the subject. I just seems that by doing it the way it's being done, the software and gamers news take a backseat instead of sharing the spotlight with all other news.

It's all good. It should all be featured.

https://www.neowin.net/index.php?view=summaries

I really miss the recent forum posts as well guys. I think that it will lead to people using the forums a lot less. I'll often click on a news story from my RSS feed, but while I'm there I'll notice an interesting recent forum post at the top of the page and click on it. That won't happen any more though.

Please reconsider, guys. :(

I agree with everyone who is asking for the recent forums posts to be put back on the main page. That was one fo the best features on the frontpage! It's part of what attracted me to Neowin when I first started coming here, I miss it a lot.

Dunno how you guys do it, but every time you update a part of the site, you manage to make the overall look and experience better (though not without it's quirks, as some are pointing out). I'm loving Shift. Excellent work :yes:

-Spenser