Whats new about Shift Forums

nub

Bring back the old roll over navigation buttons just for the main page please.

Andrew Lyle

i like the new look.. it matches the front page, but it will take some time to get use too!

XerXis

I really like the new forum style. But I miss the old main page, why did you guys change it?

Storm

Love it guys!

its so fricken sexy!

tiagosilva29

I like it.

To fix:

Nickname drop-down for guests (shouldn't exist)

Nickname drop-down in the member list

Bobster

I love the new forum design and I like the new main page design.

The ONLY thing I really really miss is the button to refresh the latest forums posts. To do this now you have to refresh the whole main page :(

Rob

Ya know, I never knew people actually used those refresh buttons. I hope we can find some way of getting them back, I don't think it should be a problem. It's interesting to get feedback like this.

Bobster
Ya know, I never knew people actually used those refresh buttons. I hope we can find some way of getting them back, I don't think it should be a problem. It's interesting to get feedback like this.

Yeah I loved them, they were a really nice little feature. I'm hoping you can implement them back into the new design, then it would be PERFECT :D

Boz

Well it does look excellent, no question about it, however I have a small problem. I loved how you could see the latest Gaming, Software, Apple and Blogs and Forum Post last few entries on top. I was actually looking there first for the latest info, then I would browse the forums.

I understand that the forum should be most important, but I think we just lost some functionality that was pretty well with this design. If you can keep the design and get those RSS-like entries for Games, Software, Apple, Blogs and Forum posts would be awesome.

Just my take. I do enjoy the theme though. It's very professional, clean and overall very pleasant.

DaveLegg

I used to use it all the time. Tomorrow I'm going to look for a way to implement some kind of refresh option on the new dropdowns. No promises though.

NienorGT

AWESOME!

Only thing is about recent post as said.

One funky idea that passed in my head: How about getting a simple page about new items (forum and news) that we could refresh easily?

BTW: Any reasons why icons are looking like Tango and not Vista?

DreadBoat89

so i'm guessing that this theme, along with the front page are final?

bangbang023
so i'm guessing that this theme, along with the front page are final?

The basic layout and graphics, I would assume so (I'm only guess. Most staff isn't privy to the information). Functionality and the like is always evolving, though.

stezo2k

lovin the new forum =) lookin good

PT 13

Nice job (Y) looks great

Yusuf M.

It's hot! (Y)

lardiop

Awesome job guys, looks great (Y)

EchoNoise

:D This is looking awesome :D

I love the new quick reply :D

Vice
I used to use it all the time. Tomorrow I'm going to look for a way to implement some kind of refresh option on the new dropdowns. No promises though.

Cant you get rid of the Drop downs? Or have a poll choice on it to see what the majority think? I'm really not in to these drop down things. It's like surfing Ikea or something I just want nice static information where I don't need to click so much to see stuff.

The old front page design was perfect there was like no reason to change it it was 100% perfect I loved it everyone loved it. Don't fix whats not broken etc?

bangbang023
Cant you get rid of the Drop downs? Or have a poll choice on it to see what the majority think? I'm really not in to these drop down things. It's like surfing Ikea or something I just want nice static information where I don't need to click so much to see stuff.

The old front page design was perfect there was like no reason to change it it was 100% perfect I loved it everyone loved it. Don't fix whats not broken etc?

You don't have to click to have the menus drop down. You just have to roll over. I like the system. It gives more room for the news on the front page.

Fred Derf

Disable the drop downs globally from your usercp. Use "Summary View" on the front page.

Vice
Disable the drop downs globally from your usercp. Use "Summary View" on the front page.

ty for that tip, but I dunno I still preferred it the other way. The new Forum skin is awesome. A great improvement I'm just confused why you changed the front page hmmm

osirisX

It's brilliant.

Pc_Madness

Ooooh, whoever made this, I wanna have your babies. :blush: :wub: