Whats new about Shift Forums

Kerm

Where have the most recent 5 forum post's gone from the front page? That was great rather than having to goto the daft drop downs.

meamog

Loving this, nicely done. Kudos all around, guys!

DoubleThink

I love the new changes (Y) Thanks Neowin!

statm1
ty for that tip, but I dunno I still preferred it the other way. The new Forum skin is awesome. A great improvement I'm just confused why you changed the front page hmmm

Its been said that there was actually alot of negative feedback about having it the old way WinMac.. That it made the header cluttered and dirty. And that feedback from showing off the new design has been that its much cleaner and better looking.

I myself didnt mind it. BUT, as long as there will be some way of refreshing the new drop downs I dont think ill have a problem with it. Because its not like its not there anymore you just have to hover. No clicking no extra work to see the recent news. Just hovering and thats just different it will be fine once I get used to it.

Once again, wonderful job on porting shift to the forums. One question though, is there anyway of getting the rounded corner look on the boxes on the reply post page? To make it blend more with the design of the site. Ask me if you need clarification on what I mean.

batbeef

it looks really modern and up to date

:: Lyon ::

Sexy!!!!!!! ^^

rajputwarrior

they is pretty as hell, good job guys

AdzzzUK

Great job guys, it's looking great and I love the new skin for the forums!!

smctainsh

The new forum theme looks great! Congratulations to all who worked on it. :D

Smctainsh

DELTA75329
ty for that tip, but I dunno I still preferred it the other way. The new Forum skin is awesome. A great improvement I'm just confused why you changed the front page hmmm

I think I know what you mean and I agree. The only suggestion I can think of to the developers is to place the forum topics/software/gamers news in the same column right above the "My Neowin" options. It could work as before and still be clean.

I dunno.. I don't think it's that big of a deal. I'm a big fan of cars and one of my favorite sites is Autoblog. The site is navigated with the same kind of mouse-over drop-down concept, so I'm already used to it in a sense. Neowin's implementation is just simply elegant. To be honest, I miss the old way, but I like this way too. I can and will get used to it. :)

martskre
[...] It's like surfing Ikea or something [...]

I totally agree with you. It feels so... impersonal. I guess I'm just way too used to the old design, but I would still love a setting which enabled that old Recent Forum Posts section to work with the new theme.

I really dig the new theme though. Sleek and very professional. (Y)

Typhon

Wow this is nice. Thanks guys for the update job well done. :D

blade1269
I like the forum skin but why did you change the Front Page? It was perfect before. It's a bit harder to navigate now.. having to click the Forums button to see the new topics.. I preferred being able to just hit the Refresh icon and seeing the new ones presented without me having to have my mouse on a button or having my Browser as the active window. Maybe consider making a Poll about that choice of UI?

+2

Yorak

I go away for the weekend and come back to this beauty. Good work everyone involved!

nexx

Looks nice but here are two suggestions after using it for a few mins:

1) Not enough contrast for forums. I think the section headings ('Recreational Activities' etc) should use a dark blue. Go to the forum index and scroll up/down the page , everything blurs together.

2) Every time I go to close/switch tabs the dropdown menus at the top of the page come up because my mouse has hovered over it for 1/20th of a second.

Nexus-

Its all very nice and great improvements. Congrats to the neowin team for the hard work which has finally paid off.

deepfriedmario

I'm loving it! A nice job well done.

.Markus

Just as I've always wanted it! Good job guys

Oh, and my signature/avatar seems to blend in perfectly aswell! :)

Rob
2) Every time I go to close/switch tabs the dropdown menus at the top of the page come up because my mouse has hovered over it for 1/20th of a second.

You can disable the functionality in the Board Settings of your User Control Panel on the forums.

ViperAFK

It looks great, I love it, I was pleasantly surprised when I loaded up neowin today.

tiagosilva29

I notice some snapback issues in the quotes? Sometimes it renders as BBCODE.

[right][snapback]586721809[/snapback][/right]

RevelMore

is it possible to get rid of the first forum post on every page?

scoult01

Looks sweet guys, well done :)

Fred Derf
is it possible to get rid of the first forum post on every page?

You could try switching to Swift, choosing Standard (rather than Linear+) and then come back to Shift.

Perhaps Shift defaults to Linear+. I'm not sure. I personally prefer Linear+ so I did not notice.

Rahul

Love the new style 10/10