Whats new about Shift Forums

As I said in the other topic, I think this is great, much much better now.

But I am really missing the recent forum posts on the front page.

Would there be any way to get that back in some format so its stays on the front page instead of just the hover, like maybe sticking it in the side panel for us that would like it. :D

Are you on dial-up internet? I can't imagine the front page taking more than a second or two.

No, currently using a 20Mbit connection, the frontpage loads in around a second, but there's no dropdown menu for around 6-10 seconds ( Varies ).

I know it seems like a luxurious problem, but when you are used to the old method of checking recently updated threads, this is does feel rather slow.

No, currently using a 20Mbit connection, the frontpage loads in around a second, but there's no dropdown menu for around 6-10 seconds ( Varies ).

I know it seems like a luxurious problem, but when you are used to the old method of checking recently updated threads, this is does feel rather slow.

Like I've said elsewhere, it's a trade-off.

We got a lot of negative feedback on the Recent articles area and general mess at the top of the page. It was overloaded with links and for the not-so-tech-savvy it just looked plain confusing.

I have showed this theme to a few people who aren't very smart with computers/internet and they think its a great improvement. Most said "Clean!"

The drop downs load last, but they are also on every page (unlike the Recents area on main). That is browser related rather than intended behavior.

Nicely done :)

Mwhwhaha at first post!

Dammit, that's not fair :pinch:

Just got back on here, it's looking awesome as hell :D

Switch to summary view on the front page for recent forum posts.

Ah, that's what I'm talking about! So much better. Thanks (Y)

Also, why does everything have to be so 'Clean' today, stupid Apple thing :laugh:

I've tweaked it slightly, due to where it loads in the page, and where the script loads, and what parts of the page it needs, it doesn't actually need to wait for the page to finish loading before it will work, so, from now on, it will initialise the drop-downs as soon as they are loaded, without waiting for the rest of the page to be done.

You will need to clear your cache (ctrl + F5) for this change to take effect.

I've tweaked it slightly, due to where it loads in the page, and where the script loads, and what parts of the page it needs, it doesn't actually need to wait for the page to finish loading before it will work, so, from now on, it will initialise the drop-downs as soon as they are loaded, without waiting for the rest of the page to be done.

Ah, that's so much better. Drops down instantly!

Thanks a lot - No need for Summary View then :D

100% better. Thank you, Dave.

Can I ask something? (This isn't a complaint, just a thing I'm wondering)

How come on Swift the page adapts to the size of the window, but doesn't with Shift?

EDIT: Ah, yes it does, there's just quite a thick border before it resizes :)

Very nice guys - excellent work!

I like it, except the "forums index" page. There isn't enough difference in colours(IMO) so it all kind of blends into one, compared to Swift. Otherwise very nice. :)

Will there be different colour schemes eventually?

Excellent work guys/gals. I'm liking the shift skin but is there any plans for more colours? Blue is a tad bit boring :D

EDIT: Seems someone already asked that whilst i was typing this, sorry for asking an already asked question.

I like it, except the "forums index" page. There isn't enough difference in colours(IMO) so it all kind of blends into one, compared to Swift. Otherwise very nice. :)

Will there be different colour schemes eventually?

Excellent work guys/gals. I'm liking the shift skin but is there any plans for more colours? Blue is a tad bit boring :D
Different colors will be launched when we are satisfied that the theme is completed.