UEFA Champions League

UEFA Champions League  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Champions League 2007/2008?

• Barcelona
    • Liverpool
    • AC Milan
    • Inter Milan
    • Arsenal
    • Man Utd
    • Real Madrid
    • Chelsea
    • Other
  2. 2. Who will be the Top Scorer?

• Didier Drogba
    • Samuel Eto'o
    • Thierry Henry
    • Kaka
    • Fernando Morientes
    • Herman Crespo
    • Adriano
    • Peter Crouch
    • Others

Fabregas didn't get injured. It was a tactical change.

I don't think he was injured to the point that he couldn't play, but his hamstring was playing up a bit and they didn't want to risk him playing any longer.

Surely Fabregas was simply rested for the game, considering they have already qualified, and of course no point in risking an injury if he had one playing in a game he doesn't need to play.

On other notes, United were pretty poor to be honest, not at their best, but the starting team was never going to explode into a goal fest. Second half though we looked very good and dominated. Luckily Ronaldo was on hand to give the lads top spot and a rest in Roma before the Grand Slam Weekend at Anfield.

Nonetheless, Sporting's 2nd goal that was ruled offside was a very bad call by the linesman.

I could swear that one of them was offside, but then again, I didn't watched the rest of the game.

Today Benfica will beat Milan. I hope so.

I could swear that one of them was offside, but then again, I didn't watched the rest of the game.

Today Benfica will beat Milan. I hope so.

He looked a little bit offside but who knows plus its over now its not Liverpools go.

Great result for Liverpool.

Did anyone see the Rosenborg player do a handstand/forward roll when Alex took his free kick for Chelsea? what was that? lol

• 2 weeks later...
Liverpool 4 Marseille 0

...and who said we would not qualify :p

(Y)

Do you know why none of the Liverpool players kit's had their sponsor on? It looked as if it wasn't even printed on the outfield players and Reina's looked like it had material covering it or something. It's a nice away kit too by the way.

(Y)

Do you know why none of the Liverpool players kit's had their sponsor on? It looked as if it wasn't even printed on the outfield players and Reina's looked like it had material covering it or something. It's a nice away kit too by the way.

I'm not 100% sure, but I presume it was because alcoholic beverage advertising is banned in France?

It is actually the first time I have seen us play in that kit! It is our third kit essentially.

I believe it was covered up for the reasons Martyn mentioned above. Their 3rd kit isn't bad, to be honest. I may be purchasing it even though I am not even close to being a Liverpool supporter ;)

Ah, I figured it might be something like that.

The Marseilles kit was horrible, even though it was the exact same design just different colours.

I believe it was covered up for the reasons Martyn mentioned above. Their 3rd kit isn't bad, to be honest. I may be purchasing it even though I am not even close to being a Liverpool supporter ;)

Ohh, you will get there one day L3thal ;)

I personally quite like our white away kit as well. Although, our home kit is of course the best!

Just out of interest, what kits do you have L3thal?

I have Boavista FC (my favorite team), Manchester United (Rooney, black), Marseille (Cisse, White), Inter (Adriano, 100-year club anniversary shirt), Bayern Munich (Toni), Arsenal (Fabregas, White long sleeve champions league edition), Juventus (Nedved), AS Roma (De Rossi, long sleeve 80-year team anniversary), and Barcelona (Messi 50-year anniversary of Camp Nou).

I am in the process of getting a few more kits: Liverpool, AC Milan, and Croatia.

I have Boavista FC (my favorite team), Manchester United (Rooney, black), Marseille (Cisse, White), Inter (Adriano, 100-year club anniversary shirt), Bayern Munich (Toni), Arsenal (Fabregas, White long sleeve champions league edition), Juventus (Nedved), AS Roma (De Rossi, long sleeve 80-year team anniversary), and Barcelona (Messi 50-year anniversary of Camp Nou).

I am in the process of getting a few more kits: Liverpool, AC Milan, and Croatia.

That is quite a collection you have been building up!

I only have Liverpool shirts, it would just feel weird wearing another kit. I mean, I could not imagine having an AC Milan kit, what would happen if we got them in the Champions League final again?

haha, that is true. Talking about Milan, I just got Kaka's white jersey from last year's Champions League final in Greece. It is marvelous! UEFA CL logo on one sleeve, the CL cup on the other with the number of cups they have won, and on the front of the shirt, there's a stitching that says CL final in Athens and whatever else.

Marvelous shirt :yes:

haha, that is true. Talking about Milan, I just got Kaka's white jersey from last year's Champions League final in Greece. It is marvelous! UEFA CL logo on one sleeve, the CL cup on the other with the number of cups they have won, and on the front of the shirt, there's a stitching that says CL final in Athens and whatever else.

Marvelous shirt :yes:

you got the actual shirt he wore in the CL final? thats incredible. nice collection also by the way

CL Draw for round of 16 done today:

Celtic v Barcelona

Lyon v Manchester United

Schalke v Porto

Liverpool v Inter

Roma v Real Madrid

Arsenal v Milan

Olympiacos v Chelsea

Fenerbahce v Sevilla

i'm pretty excited to see arsenal-milan. and even liverpool-inter should be great.