Bioshock General Discussion ( Xbox 360 )

My collectors edition arrived this morning, the tip of the big daddies drill is broken off, only a small chip mind but still grrr. Anyone know how I go about getting a replacement?

Mine was the same plus the wire around the head was dinged in :( I hope they replace them I know they have a program for US/CA so hopefully they will do the same for UK/EU/AUS?

did you get RROD? and sent it to microsoft and wont be getting it back for 2 weeks? ouch!

Aye, unfortunately. Going to be a month till I get it back too. :/

the postie has just been, and i didnt get it. i had checked the front door nothing there, went to tell my mum, after speaking to her, i looked back and the post was there, checked but my bioshock preorder wasnt there, went to the top of my drive looked down the road saw the postie ran down and spoke to him he didnt have it so i can now lay the blame on the sorting office and not on the postie

Aye, unfortunately. Going to be a month till I get it back too. :/

unlucky there, has one of your friends got a 360 that you can play on it together?

My copy never arrived either :( Hope it comes tomorrow, this is the first time in a long time that my preorder hasn't arrived before launch day lol

i think it might be something todo with the package being bigger - i guess you ordered the collectors edition?

i always think its not worth it getting more than standard delivery for hte preorders as you still get it the day before but this once i wish i had

i think it might be something todo with the package being bigger - i guess you ordered the collectors edition?

Yeah I did, I'm putting it down to being the larger box as well. As long as it arrives tomorrow I don't mind too much. Just so used to preorders arriving early :p

Thats why I paid the fiver for express delivery, guaranteed delivery. Still pished at the broken big daddy though :( Called 2k UK and they advised its not their problem and would have to take it up with game, game said not their fault and have no more left anyway. So I am stuck with a broken drill and a dinged in face protector on my big daddy :(

Yeah I did, I'm putting it down to being the larger box as well. As long as it arrives tomorrow I don't mind too much. Just so used to preorders arriving early :p

post-131993-1187881050.jpg

this game is incredible! i've been playing it since 10am this morning and i'm still loving it. the big daddies aren't anywhere near as hard as i thought they would be, the only reason they ever kill me is because i forget to press B every few seconds. so far i've rescued any little sister i've met... but i realised after rescuing all of them in 1 area the big daddies still spawn in that area... its a real pain if you're out of health and ammo (which i have been on numerous occasions).

the big daddy figurines are awesome! mine luckily wasn't one of the broken ones ^_^

Everyone is talking about the game, I'm still going on about HOW to get a hold of it :laugh:

But a finally found a guy from a Danish forum who had an extra imported copy, so i will be getting the game on Saturday instead of next Friday!

Woohoo!

After a good few hours play all I can say is :D :D :D

It is an awesome game, I just worry that I miss items that could potentially help me so I'm gonna try and explore as much as possible :)

Is man not entitled to the game he buys?

NO, says the man at SecuRom. It belongs to 2K.

NO, says the man at 2K. It belongs to us.

NO, says the man at Microsoft. It belongs to our license purchasers.

I rejected those answers.

Instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose...piracy! Where the gamer would not be censored, where the PC owner would not be bound by petty encryption, where the buyer would not be constrained by corporate greed. And with the downloading of your torrents, piracy could become your salvation.

:laugh:

^^ hahaha... that's actually pretty funny!

If they ever patch the PC version fully to fix some of the minor issues (like some texture problems, and add AA for Vista) I'll get it just to play through and get the other ending on my system :)

I'm going to pick up my copy of the CE in my local Game tomorrow morning (well later this morning really as it's 3am, but i'll sleep a little first) :D I cant wait!

Just one question, without any spoilers for reasons or anything, what would you guys recommend doing:

1) Harvesting little sisters

2) Saving them

I personally rescue them, because that's just the way I am. It works out to be only a little bit more ADAM earned for harvesting than for rescuing, so I don't have a problem with it.

I personally rescue them, because that's just the way I am. It works out to be only a little bit more ADAM earned for harvesting than for rescuing, so I don't have a problem with it.

Ya know, I would probably rescue them if they didn't keep sending their Big Daddy after me. Those can be such a pain in the ass that I'm usually not in a forgiving mood after I beat one :p

Also, I have a question: in the mission where you have to kill the 3 guys and snap pictures of them for the guy's masterpiece, can anyone tell me what happens if you let him blab on and walk all the way down the stairs when you've completed the masterpiece? Habit got the better of me as I was following him down the stairs with my wrench out and I gave him a whack, like I've done in so many other games. Except this time I had to fight him... :rofl: I was just wondering if you have to fight him anyways?

-Spenser

Is there some secret method to killing Big Daddys I'm not seeing? My Shotgun seems to be the only thing that does any real damage. :\

I'm up to the photo level..

Ya know, I would probably rescue them if they didn't keep sending their Big Daddy after me. Those can be such a pain in the ass that I'm usually not in a forgiving mood after I beat one :p

Also, I have a question: in the mission where you have to kill the 3 guys and snap pictures of them for the guy's masterpiece, can anyone tell me what happens if you let him blab on and walk all the way down the stairs when you've completed the masterpiece? Habit got the better of me as I was following him down the stairs with my wrench out and I gave him a whack, like I've done in so many other games. Except this time I had to fight him... :rofl: I was just wondering if you have to fight him anyways?

-Spenser

He gives you one more prize, then he tells you to GTFO. I wanted whatever was in the case, and I figured he had the key, so I ended up fighting and killing him anyway. You know the two glass cases in the Atrium? The prize he gives you is in the right dome, and IIRC it's Medical Expert 2. But no, you aren't required to fight him.

Is there some secret method to killing Big Daddys I'm not seeing? My Shotgun seems to be the only thing that does any real damage. :\

I'm up to the photo level..

It's really just a combination of your Plasmids and weapons. Explosions do quite a bit, as far as I've found. But I usually just use Incinerate on them a few times, perhaps set some hornets on them (it helps distract them from coming after me), and then just go at it with the shotgun or the machine gun with the armor-piercing rounds (probably the most effective ammunition on them). And I do all that while running for my life so they don't charge me :laugh: