Bioshock General Discussion ( Xbox 360 )

I LOVE THIS FREAKING GAME! I downloaded the demo last night so I could play the demo this morning. I played the game on a 50inch 480p tv and even then the game looked amazing. Now I am debating whether or not to play it on that tv or a 19inch dell 1907fp in 720p (1280x1024).

Oh man I played the demo at lunch time and wow... just wow. Amazing, it really is.

I went and tried to pre-order the Limited Edition from EB Games yesterday and they told me "they can't guarantee me anything because they get what they get". WTF? The lady said they may only be getting the tin version and not the box with all the extras. Does that even seem right? :|

Man, this is a joke was stuck on 65% for 2 hours so I turn off my xbox and then back on again, as that can sometimes speed it up, but then it says I am on 40%!!! wtf??

I am starting again...

yay mine is finally moving properly now and im on 91%, still slow as anything mind and just canceled my virgin order of the normal edition and used the "SummerFun" code on game and ?2.50 worth of reward points to get the special edition for ?42.49!

it is excellant but from what i saw there was loads of ammo on the bodys, but i mainly used my powers and the wrench except when loads of splicers came at the end, that was when i got the pistol out and i was prepared to use the tommy gun on the 3 splicers braking through the glass after andrew ryans message but the demo was over, now ive got to play it again the use more of the weapons

I've played through the demo twice now... definitely love it.

The atmosphere is stunning in the game, and I like how the story is presented to you. Keeping the display first-person, as with the Half-Life games, definitely helped the immersion, IMO. I like how they've made the game accessible to both FPS veterans and beginners, too, such as the setting to have an arrow to guide you to your next objective.

The inventory system works perfectly. It's not complicated at all -- plasmid energy, health packs and money (as well as adam, or atom, or however it's spelled). This is definitely a FPS, not an RPG.

Will be picking this one up for sure :D

12 hours on and my downloads just reached 80%...

What do I pay ?40 a year for again? A glorified friends system thats what. If the servers are so slow they should cut off silver users for a few days from downloading it.

I am not renewing next year. Atrocious.

Quick question -- anyone know if the PC version will have achievements? I'm definitely getting the game, but if it doesn't have multiplayer on either version, I'll probably be done with it pretty soon... and I'm sure mods will come out on the PC version, but not 360.

12 hours on and my downloads just reached 80%...

What do I pay ?40 a year for again? A glorified friends system thats what. If the servers are so slow they should cut off silver users for a few days from downloading it.

I am not renewing next year. Atrocious.

The demo's free, bud. You're not paying for anything here.

Working my way through the demo for the third time. I haven't hacked anything successfully yet. Third time's the charm!

Quick question -- anyone know if the PC version will have achievements? I'm definitely getting the game, but if it doesn't have multiplayer on either version, I'll probably be done with it pretty soon... and I'm sure mods will come out on the PC version, but not 360.

There no multiplayer what so ever in the the game. And it supposedly takes 14 hours at very least, if you just rush through it.

acies: Yeah, I know there's not multiplayer :) Let me rephrase what I said: Since either version doesn't have multiplayer, I'll probably be done with it pretty soon.

What I'm saying, though, is that the PC version will have mods, which will increase the playing time... but I was just curious if it had achievements, like the 360 version.

Man I had almost no interest in Bioshock, but I think I'm going to have to go start downloading this demo...

I kind of afraid that I'm going to like it as I'm slightly strapped for cash too... :laugh:

-Spenser

Man I had almost no interest in Bioshock, but I think I'm going to have to go start downloading this demo...

I kind of afraid that I'm going to like it as I'm slightly strapped for cash too... :laugh:

-Spenser

I was like that too but damn I was hooked by the demo !

I just posted this on another forum but I want to share my excitement for this game as well. :p

"I was staying over at a friends house last night and since the demo was going so slow we started to have a very deep and intellectual conversation about many subjects for the next few hours. After it winded down I noticed it was 4:30 in the morning and remembered that I shut down the 360 so it can quietly download. To my surprise it finished and both my friends ran over to watch me play.

It was just amazing. All month I've been waiting for reviews to see if there's anything really negative but I'm pretty much going to go buy it if I can get the money to do so. The plane crashed and I found myself in the water and I didn't know I could move at that point and as soon as I did my friends freaked out because they thought it might have been a rendered cutscene. I swam over and the intro to Rapture started and their couldn't mutter a word. (Same with me.) It was just amazing how everything looked, interacted, and how well it was presented. I knew this was going to be a special game ever since that first article showcased Bioshock but my expectations were blown away.

I wanted to take time and look around but my friends literally pushed me when the rooms started to leak water and yelling at me to run so I don't drown, lol. One of my friends said later on that it reminded him of the Shining which I think it was definitely used as inspiration."

acies: Yeah, I know there's not multiplayer :) Let me rephrase what I said: Since either version doesn't have multiplayer, I'll probably be done with it pretty soon.

What I'm saying, though, is that the PC version will have mods, which will increase the playing time... but I was just curious if it had achievements, like the 360 version.

I'm pretty sure only online games under the Games For Windows platform have achievements, gamertags etc etc. So I don't think the PC version will sadly.

I'm pretty sure only online games under the Games For Windows platform have achievements, gamertags etc etc. So I don't think the PC version will sadly.

Yeah, that's kind of what I've been reading in PC Gamer/Games for Windows (Magazine), but wasn't entirely sure. Thanks :)

EDIT: For those interested, I looked into it a little more, and it appears that Live is required for GFW achievements. For some reason, though, a PC Gamer preview recently claimed Bioshock is a GFW: L! title and will have achievements. I kind of doubt it since it doesn't have multiplayer, but I guess we'll find out!

Edited by Ayepecks

WOW!!! I have been putting off playing the demo even though I downloaded it, and WOW!!! Lights off, 5.1 headphones on full blast what an atmosphere. I now cannot wait until this game is released, the 24th can't come quick enough :(

Just finished the demo. I gotta admit, I wasn't all that pumped up for the game before now. I mean, yeah, it looked cool, but there was plenty of other stuff I wanted to play more than this. But now? Count me among the many who cannot wait for this game to come out. So freaking awesome.