Bioshock General Discussion ( Xbox 360 )

Trong

I didn't finish it... I kept dying near some bathroom. I'm gonna try again later. It's an awesome game from what I've seen though. :D

azz0r_wugg
The demo's free, bud. You're not paying for anything here.

I'm paying for a service, I pay yearly, I expect fast download speeds.

As my post explained, I think Silver members should have a few days delay on this, as a gold member I expect the best and if that means faster speeds for me and the silver members waiting - thats what I expect.

I won't be renewing, Live is such a waste of money, there really is no REAL benefits.

gigapixels

Gold allows you to play online. Were you expecting some unsaid benefits? You're complaining about nothing.

MiG-
I'm paying for a service, I pay yearly, I expect fast download speeds.

As my post explained, I think Silver members should have a few days delay on this, as a gold member I expect the best and if that means faster speeds for me and the silver members waiting - thats what I expect.

I won't be renewing, Live is such a waste of money, there really is no REAL benefits.

Your paying to play online.... s'bout it.

Andrew
Gold allows you to play online. Were you expecting some unsaid benefits? You're complaining about nothing.

Yup. Not happy with it? Go to the PSN. Then you'll know what **** service is :p

jelli

Pretty awesome demo, the video at the end had me at the edge of my seat watching all the things they had done.

notuptome2004

the PC version of Bioshock offers Directx 10 renderer so that will be a bigger leep in some aspects then the 360 version. i hope to try the demo out when it comes out. so can anyone comment on the Water in the game

devBrian

31% ... I keep cancelling and restarting and it only gains 1% per hour... WTF

+Audioboxer

Awwwman the demos out? raging... no PC demo yet I don't think :(

If this runs in bullet time on my PC it looks like i'll be buying a 360 sooner than I thought.

Hows it compare to system shock 2?

+BeLGaRaTh

For me it blows System Shock out of the water, but thats a bit unfair as SS2 is getting on a wee bit now :( , for me though its GOTY

Ayepecks

^^ Pun intended? ;) lol

I agree with you, BTW, based on the demo.

+BeLGaRaTh
^^ Pun intended? ;) lol

Damn my failing sense of humour, I didn't even spot that one :)

devBrian

Reset my download, it went all the way back to 2% and it's stuck for good now. WTF?

McSmiggins
Reset my download, it went all the way back to 2% and it's stuck for good now. WTF?

Turn your box completly off and on again, then have a little patience, mine stuck at 84%, so I added another download, pushed that to the top of the active downloads, once it had hit 4%, went back to the demo and turned the box off and on again, it picked up at 75%, but then I got about 1% a minute.

You probably don't need to do the "add another download", but it made me feel better :)

As for the demo.......damn, I'm going to Reading the weekend of the 24th <cries>

Caleo

You guys that are like 40% after 20 minutes are lucky. I spent a whopping 7 hours downloading it (since like 20 minutes after it came out) since it was so friggin bogged down.

AimLXJ

Try this method if your download seems to go slow or have been paused ( Your % is not moving ), logout of your account and log back in.

Mr_Edwardo

Well I just got home after leaving my console on all day, and the download was only just finishing!

Anyway, more to the point, the game IMO is awesome - visuals, physics, gameplay, atmosphere, all are top notch.

+jamesyfx

I just ran a game (Not XBLA, proper disc) and then stopped it. It stoppd the download and starts it again.. Quicker than going through options.

Worked for me.

kylejn

People with download problems: are you leaving your system fully on, or doing the pseudo-shutdown that turns off everything but the stuff required to continue the download? When I did the low-power mode for downloading, it went really slow (like, 2% in an hour), but when I left it fully on, it took, like, 20 minutes.

DirtyLarry

Oh man. What can I say. Amazing. I want more. I am addicting to hacking (hacked everything I could no problems at all).

Bring on next Tuesday is all I can really say, as I will not touch the demo again.

Ayepecks
Oh man. What can I say. Amazing. I want more. I am addicting to hacking (hacked everything I could no problems at all).

Bring on next Tuesday is all I can really say, as I will not touch the demo again.

IMO, hacking was annoying. I'm glad it becomes automated when you get far enough into the game (or is available to be automated, or something like that).

Honestly, I was so impressed with the game I'm having a hard time finding anything negative about it.

DirtyLarry
IMO, hacking was annoying. I'm glad it becomes automated when you get far enough into the game (or is available to be automated, or something like that).

Honestly, I was so impressed with the game I'm having a hard time finding anything negative about it.

Really?? I thought it was actually a nice little deviation, and my only complaint would be it was way to easy and am hoping it gets harder, as I really want to feel like I am hacking something.

I guess the hacking is probably the only part that is open for discussion, as the rest of the game is just to damn good to even debate wether it was good or not. :laugh:

NeoXY

Well...the fact that the game ends is a huge draw back.

But I think I can live with it :/

:laugh: