Bioshock General Discussion ( Xbox 360 )

Well...the fact that the game ends is a huge draw back.

But I think I can live with it :/

:laugh:

WHAT?? You're kidding right this game actually ends? I'm cancelling my pre-order now :) J/K :p

It is a game I will probably play through again though, as even the demo is different each play, I LOVE THIS GAME :)

WHAT?? You're kidding right this game actually ends? I'm cancelling my pre-order now :) J/K :p

It is a game I will probably play through again though, as even the demo is different each play, I LOVE THIS GAME :)

Yeah, cause the AI have their own ecosystem and doesn't run on a linear script. And since you can always go back to where you came from, there is so much stuff to explore. I mean if you just want to run'n gun through the game, it'll be around 15 hours. But if you take your time and take it all in, its gonna be so much fun for such a long time.

Can't wait till this baby drops :D

How about reviews of the game?

Confirmed Bioshock Review Scores

PC Gamer UK: 9.5, OXM UK: 10, Game Informer: 10, Alternative Press: 10, Xbox World: 9.4, Gamers: 9.8, Gamer TV: 10, PC Zone UK: 9.6

Running Average: 9.78

I thought the game was great although there wasn't too much of a challenge on easy. :blush:

I'm thinking about buying this but I'm a kid with no moneys.

Demo was breathtaking. This will definitely be one of the best games ever made!

Side note: All the naysayers of the Unreal 3 Engine - you can swallow your tongues now!

The historical style and accuracy in this game is amazing. I'm really impressed. Really nice eyecandy too. I spent too much time looking at details and level designs. Posters, machines, walls, waters, all drop-dead goregous.

I don't see how the AI is really that "special". I played through the demo twice and took my sweet time going through it both times. The enemies were dispatched at the same time and place, and pretty much fought the same.

Switching between weapons and EVOs can be a bit frustrating, especially in the middle of a heated fight with 5+ enemies. Your pistol runs out of ammo, and you try to switch to the wrench. At the same time you want to zap em, but you have your incinerate EVO equipped. All of this is happening while you're getting badly shot up and beat down by enemies and you're constantly pressing B to restore your health as you run out of health packs.

Perhaps, I should check to see if I can remap the controls.

Edited by Ruiz

Switching between weapons and EVOs can be a bit frustrating, especially in the middle of a heated fight with 5+ enemies. Your pistol runs out of ammo, and you try to switch to the wrench. At the same time you want to zap em, but you have your incinerate EVO equipped. All of this is happening while you're getting badly shot up and beat down by enemies and you're constantly pressing B to restore your health as you run out of health packs.

Yeah, I found that quite frustrating. :\

Okay; I go home, start the download at 6pm last night, switch off the 360 at 11:30pm, and start again this morning. 39%.

Better be there when I finish!

I went against my beliefs with FPS games and got the demo on the 360 (3 hours to dowload) and all I can say is WOW, I love this game. Although the demo wasn't as open as I expected, I would think that it was just a bit linear because its like the training part of the game and when you get past that bit, it'll really open up :yes:

However is it just me, or did the water at the start look a little plastic? I won't post any spoilers, but the water further in looked much better, but it still looks a bit plasticy..... Also, It seemed to pause for me when I held the buttons to switch weapon or plasmid :huh:

However I'm sure going to getting this game for my PC when it is released :yes:

Edited by Cheshire Cat

Glad I'm getting the PC version. **** achievements.

However is it just me, or did the water at the start look a little plastic? I won't post any spoilers, but the water further in looked much better, but it still looks a bit plasticy..... Also, It seemed to pause for me when I held the buttons to switch weapon or plasmid :huh:

I think the plastic kinda look is just an Unreal 3 thing. I didn't notice any late rendering of textures though like in Gears of War (and Rainbow 6 or something had this problem as well?) which is good.

I got a pause for plasmids.. didn't notice one for weapons.

Just had a quick dabble and think it isn't bad although the water isn't as good as they make it out to be, but by no means is bad. It was quite linear and I think it's got a lot of potential, it managed to get me pretty edgey in places!

Edit: for those of you that haven't yet pre-ordered, Play.com are giving away a free BioShock faceplate with all preorders here.

Edited by Samboini

Edit: for those of you that haven't yet pre-ordered, Play.com are giving away a free BioShock faceplate with all preorders here.

I went for that one; the face plate looks quiet cool IMO

The water is definately the best we have seen in any game across all platforms. Especially when you walk under water inside Rapture and it blurs your vision etc. That is immensely cool!

Edited by DrunknMunky

Demo was breathtaking. This will definitely be one of the best games ever made!

Side note: All the naysayers of the Unreal 3 Engine - you can swallow your tongues now!

actually this game is using a modified Unreal 2 Engine if i remember correctly, U3 will be even better

BioShock was originally going to run on an enhanced version of the Tribes Vengeance engine, the highly modified version of Unreal Engine 2.5 technology used by previous Irrational titles Tribes: Vengeance, SWAT 4, and SWAT 4: The Stetchkov Syndicate. In an interview at E3 in May 2006, Levine has revealed that "we've moved to Unreal Engine 3.0, we've done a lot of modifications on top of it," particularly to the way the engine handles water effects, which he claims will be very impressive, "We've hired a water programmer and water artist, just for this game, and they're kicking ass and you've never seen water like this."

I will admit that the water certainly looks better than I have seen in other games and the effects on it are awesome, but I still thought that the water did look a bit plasticy.....

However the corridor bit after you get your first plasmid and use it to problem solve, was STUNNING.

It's amazing that the water actually pours in and fills up space, and it'#s actually part of the game.. not just for show. You can actually use it was a weapon.

Real nice. Never really seen that before.

I know the source engine can't do water like that.