The Big Wrestling Thread!

I really, really don't like Moxley's mannerisms and way of delivering promos at all. I mean he wasn't the best at it in WWE either mind you (and obviously had to keep to a script way more than here in AEW) but in these promos (and especially that GCW one above) I just don't like the way he uh....moves? Plus, not for nothing, but AEW trying to make Shawn Spears aka Dillinger a big threat to the Rhodes let alone anyone else is kinda funny to me. I mean I know the guy can go in the ring fairly well and can do promos pretty good - but putting him with Tully Blanchard out of no where?? I mean if they wanna push him to the moon that's fine of course, but there has to be some room for believabilitys sake I guess? If you know what I mean. Also I haven't slept in 3 days so my spelling is probably all over the place in this one, sorry guys lol

No one can cut promos like the late grates of the attitude era and older, back when there was no "script".  There were at best talking points but most stuff was just made up on the fly by the talent.

7 hours ago, George P said:

No one can cut promos like the late grates of the attitude era and older, back when there was no "script".  There were at best talking points but most stuff was just made up on the fly by the talent.

Unfortunately, in WWE at least - as Moxley said on Jericho's podcast - they're not allowed to go off-script, and if it happened, usually the writer would get punished instead.

NWA Champion Nick Aldis is no longer advertised for the 8/9 Ring of Honor Summer Supercard event in Toronto as Ring of Honor and the National Wrestling Alliance will not be working together going forward, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

NWA Vice President Dave Lagana, who had been producing all of the ROH pre-tapes over the last seven months, finished his commitments with Ring of Honor this past weekend as well.

PWInsider.com is told that the decision was made for each promotion to go their separate ways and that NWA President Billy Corgan intends on putting all his energy towards producing a weekly stand-alone NWA series later this year once he completes the current Smashing Pumpkins tour.

Sources close to each promotion have stated that they have parted ways on amicable terms and the door is open to potentially partner down the line.

The two companies partnered earlier this year on reviving the Crockett Cup, which was won by PCO and Brody King, who remain the NWA Tag Team Champions. 

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=128214

WWE wrestler Jimmy Uso was arrested early Thursday morning in Florida on charges of driving under the influence, jail records show. 

Uso (real name Jonathan Fatu) was booked into the Escambia County Corrections Center in Pensacola at 3:04 a.m. and released at 10:15 a.m. on $1,000 bond.

TMZ first reported the arrest. 

This is the second time in five months that Uso has been arrested for an incident allegedly involving alcohol. In February, he was arrested in Detroit after what TMZ described as “a drunken dispute with cops.” Uso’s wife, fellow WWE superstar Naomi (Trinity Fatu), was also present at the time of that incident. He was previously arrested for DUI in 2011 and 2013. 

The arrest comes just days after John Cena cracked a joke about Uso’s run-ins with the law during Monday Night Raw.

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2019/07/25/wwe-jimmy-uso-jonathan-fatu-dui-arrest-florida