The Big Wrestling Thread!

On 8/13/2019 at 3:50 PM, MightyJordan said:

I'm not up on Japanese wrestling much these days sadly, but I thought Shibata was finished in his in ring career aka Edge aka Lita aka etc with the neck injury? I mean, I guess if Edge can do a spear all of a sudden, I guess Shibata can, do that stuff?

5 minutes ago, MightyJordan said:

I saw this in my feed earlier and I was gonna rush over to post this for you guys, but I knew MJ would beat me to it no matter how fast I was going to be :D Its actually a pretty good episode of Hot Ones - and man Hot Ones has been hitting out of the park with guests this seasons (Idris Elba, Kevin Hart and Trevor Noah just recently?? What?!).

• Like 1

On 8/15/2019 at 7:53 PM, LOC said:

I'm not up on Japanese wrestling much these days sadly, but I thought Shibata was finished in his in ring career aka Edge aka Lita aka etc with the neck injury? I mean, I guess if Edge can do a spear all of a sudden, I guess Shibata can, do that stuff?

According to Meltzer, Shibata still isn't cleared to wrestle; that bit was apparently a one-off.

On a similar note, though, he also said Hiromu Takahashi is nearly ready to return.

Dave Meltzer reported in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that CM Punk’s agent has contacted the head honchos at FOX.

There are people in AEW who believe that Punk is WWE-bound while people in WWE are denying that. In the report, it was noted that Punk is represented by CAA, the same agency that represents WWE and that the agent reached out to see if FOX would be interested in hiring Punk to co-host the new WWE talk show.

The show is slated to air every Tuesday night on FS1 later this year as part of their deal to air SmackDown Live on FOX in October.

It should be noted that the show hosts would be paid by FOX and not WWE. Thus, the idea of Punk being involved with that show would probably not go over well with people in WWE management due to the history between the two sides.

The important thing to note is the fact that just because his agent contacted FOX about the opportunity doesn’t mean that Punk was aware of this and he’s interested. In many instances, agents will reach out to several places to gauge interest for their clients.

There have been no negotiations between Punk’s side and FOX about the hosting gig.

Read more at this link

So what do you guys think about this one? :| 

1 hour ago, LOC said:

So what do you guys think about this one? :| 

Ain't gonna happen. His agent's probably just trying it on to see if they'd offer crazy money, thus the agent would get a big cut. I wouldn't be surprised if a follow-up story comes out saying the agent went behind Punk's back and Punk had no knowledge until this story came out.