The Big Wrestling Thread!

PROGRESS went to quite a bit of effort to reveal their new championship...

Should definitely make things more interesting there* as with this title, the champion gets to choose what kind of match they defend it in.

*God knows PROGRESS needs a proverbial kick up the rear; it's been fairly dull for the past year or so, pretty much when Travis Banks became their pre-late-2018 Roman Reigns during his world title reign.

Edited by MightyJordan

So, a week in wrestling (at least in America) is soon gonna look like...

• Monday: WWE RAW
  • Tuesday: Impact Wrestling
  • Wednesday: NXT + AEW Dynamite
  • Thursday: Catch up on whichever one you didn't watch live on Wednesday
  • Friday: WWE SmackDown & 205 Live (according to the latest rumours)
  • Saturday: MLW Fusion + New Japan Pro Wrestling + WOW - Women of Wrestling + AEW PPVs
  • Sunday: WWE/Impact PPVs

God help us all. 😝 That doesn't even include Ring of Honor - which is all over the place, depending on where you live - and the NWA's upcoming TV show.

2 hours ago, MightyJordan said:

So, a week in wrestling (at least in America) is soon gonna look like...

• Monday: WWE RAW
  • Tuesday: Impact Wrestling
  • Wednesday: NXT + AEW Dynamite
  • Thursday: Catch up on whichever one you didn't watch live on Wednesday
  • Friday: WWE SmackDown & 205 Live (according to the latest rumours)
  • Saturday: MLW Fusion + New Japan Pro Wrestling + WOW - Women of Wrestling + AEW PPVs
  • Sunday: WWE/Impact PPVs

God help us all. 😝 That doesn't even include Ring of Honor - which is all over the place, depending on where you live - and the NWA's upcoming TV show.

I know right, its nuts. I saw someone post about this the other day when the 205 Live rumor started going the rounds. I know plenty of people who say wrestling is dead or on the way to its death etc due to the low ratings and what not - but the fact that we are going to have wrestling on every single day of the week except for Thursdays (for now lol) says a lot. And some of those days of wrestling we are getting, is non-WWE stuff now. Which is great imo considering not even 10 years ago it was WWE or bust basically (I know TNA was around!). A lot of people also say its a great time to be a wrestling fan now, and I'd agree with that statement. I just wish NJPW was on a national TV deal here in the US somehow. 😛

2 hours ago, LOC said:

I just wish NJPW was on a national TV deal here in the US somehow. 😛

They are, aren't they? Last I heard, they still have a weekly show that airs Saturdays on AXS (the channel that Impact's owners Anthem just bought).

1 hour ago, MightyJordan said:

They are, aren't they? Last I heard, they still have a weekly show that airs Saturdays on AXS (the channel that Impact's owners Anthem just bought).

Whattttttt? When did this happen, and why wasn't I told about this? Why am I the last person to find out about these things??! Well, that figures. I could have been watching NJPW for god knows how long now it seems. Bleh I say, bleh!

5 hours ago, LOC said:

Whattttttt? When did this happen, and why wasn't I told about this? Why am I the last person to find out about these things??! Well, that figures. I could have been watching NJPW for god knows how long now it seems. Bleh I say, bleh!

It's been since January 2015! 😆 It started out as just a best of show, but this year, they started doing same-week broadcasts of their events. Apparently, it's on Fight Network in Canada, too. I don't think it airs here in the UK, though.

2 hours ago, MightyJordan said:

It's been since January 2015! 😆 It started out as just a best of show, but this year, they started doing same-week broadcasts of their events. Apparently, it's on Fight Network in Canada, too. I don't think it airs here in the UK, though.

Wow, either I heard about this awhile back and completely blanked on it for years now, or I never heard of it until now and boy have I missed some good wrestling over the years. 😛

• Like 1

Meanwhile in the UK...

Maybe Theresa May was right when she kept saying "no deal is better than a bad deal". Those teleshopping things ITV run overnight must be too valuable to them.

Either way, a 4-day delay + a pre-watershed edited version is a recipe for disaster, probably on a similar scale to WOS Wrestling; most of us will just pirate it rather than wait. Hell, even TNA never had a deal that bad.

As for the eventual "live viewing solution" I'm gonna guess it'll be simply letting us stream it on either FITE or B/R Live.

14 hours ago, MightyJordan said:

As for the eventual "live viewing solution" I'm gonna guess it'll be simply letting us stream it on either FITE or B/R Live.

Well, I was right...

...didn't expect it to be paid, though. Bad move, and Tony's lying about the ad break schedules, as anyone here who watches live WWE or NFL on Sky Sports will know.