The Big Wrestling Thread!

All I gotta say about anything right now is, who the hell wrote and came up with the idea of Lashley making out with Lana on stage like that for like 5 minutes? Who thought that was a good idea, because I can almost promise you Paul Heyman did not 😛 I mean I might be interested in a fued between Lashley and Rusev (if they FINALLY push Rusev right) with Lana involved. But they kinda did the same story a few years back or however long it was with Rusev and Lana and Summer Rae etc (I think Ziggler was involved also?) not to mention the whole angle they did with them and that British dude I can't remember his name (sorry dude!).

Also, I really hope they don't ship AJ Styles back to Smackdown next week for the new draft. I imagine they will but I'd much rather see him on RAW to be honest. Especially if Richocet and Alexander etc all stay on RAW. So unless they move a ton of the high flyers to Smackdown, leave Styles there. Plus he's still got a Universal title run coming up I'd hope at some point. I know they are going to really stack the deck in favor of Smackdown because of the move to FOX and all, but if that's in the detriment to RAW itself then, no thanks.

Well, I stayed up for both NXT and AEW - mostly AEW, and NXT's still going on at the moment - but it was worth staying up late and booking a day off work to recover from this all-nighter. 😛 I won't spoil anything yet, but it's safe to say we've definitely got competition again. It's a great time to be a wrestling fan!

Well I'd imagine AEW would win week one in the ratings, since most people would be interested in the new thing and not the thing that's been on for a week already and not the new new thing....right.

In any event, those numbers aren't great for NXT, unless WWE is happy with a drop below 1 million already. I imagine that's also from AEW being on, but hell during the Monday Night Wars everyone was switching back and forth and with today's ways of watching, who knows.

13 minutes ago, LOC said:

Well I'd imagine AEW would win week one in the ratings, since most people would be interested in the new thing and not the thing that's been on for a week already and not the new new thing....right.

In any event, those numbers aren't great for NXT, unless WWE is happy with a drop below 1 million already. I imagine that's also from AEW being on, but hell during the Monday Night Wars everyone was switching back and forth and with today's ways of watching, who knows.

NXT only lost about 100,000 viewers from last week, so AEW definitely seem to be picking up the lapsed fans that they're targeting. The other thing that hinders NXT is, ironically, the WWE Network, as it's a lot easier to watch on-demand, so when choosing between the two, people will be more likely to watch AEW live. Still, over 2 million Americans watched wrestling on a Wednesday night; that alone is impressive. 😛

What isn't impressive though is ITV's treatment of Dynamite. First technical issues meant they uploaded it to the ITV Hub almost 3 hours later than planned, and now after looking through it, they've made some fairly substantial edits: no intro, none of the pre-taped promos, and worst of all, an entire match is missing (MJF vs. Brandon Cutler)!