The Big Wrestling Thread!

1 minute ago, Human.Online said:

Word is that Bischoff was absolutely not involving himself.  Didn't get up to speed on the talent, was barely available and unreachable and contributed nothing.

I hadn't heard that, but I did hear that he knew going in it was temporary and he was there just to be the fall guy when WWE screws up and Fox get unhappy (which probably happened sooner than expected, thanks to that calamitous cockup of a draft).

1 hour ago, MightyJordan said:

I hadn't heard that, but I did hear that he knew going in it was temporary and he was there just to be the fall guy when WWE screws up and Fox get unhappy (which probably happened sooner than expected, thanks to that calamitous cockup of a draft).

The draft that held water for literally 5 mins!  The source of my comments was WhatCulture, for what that's worth.

4 minutes ago, Human.Online said:

The draft that held water for literally 5 mins!  The source of my comments was WhatCulture, for what that's worth.

And Meltzer was my source:

• Like 2

I would assume they'll have a working relationship with AEW (and possibly ROH) then when they launch this American subsidiary. Sharing talent with them makes sense, since AEW does this already with AAA etc right?

1 hour ago, LOC said:

I would assume they'll have a working relationship with AEW (and possibly ROH) then when they launch this American subsidiary. Sharing talent with them makes sense, since AEW does this already with AAA etc right?

AEW may be a possibility, since Jericho and Moxley are both expected to compete at Wrestle Kingdom 14. Hell, Moxley was still the IWGP US champion until last week, and only because he couldn't make it to Japan due to Typhoon Hagibis.

As for ROH, they've not had much attention from NJPW since the MSG show in April, and ROH have been working more with CMLL instead, even using them for the Global Wars shows this year, and making Rush their world champion recently (finally taking the title off of the god-awful Matt Taven).

AAA's a curious one, as they've got a working relationship with AEW (along with MLW and Impact), but none of their full-time wrestlers have appeared on AEW yet, only their tag titles at All Out; so far, it's just been guys signed with AEW who also make the odd appearance in AAA: Jack Evans, Kenny Omega, Sammy Guevara, the Young Bucks, and the Lucha Bros. It's a similar story with OWE since Double or Nothing (outside of CIMA), although that's probably more down to experience, since their roster's still pretty new.