[Football] Summer Transfers 2008

Yeah but maybe he just wans't talented then and it was under Hiddink and Advocat that he shined, its known that players peak at around 26 onwards.

I knew about Arshavin when he played for Zenit in the UEFA Cup this season. He was outrageously good. He has always been known as a good player, but he is not a top class player, and the fact that he is being linked with Barca and Arsenal is what I don't agree with.

I think for this reason, he'll jump at the chance of his "dream move" to Barcelona, as opposed to go to the Premier League of money. However, we all know that money talks and who knows, the Russian influence at Chelsea may tempt him to England.

I can't see Barcelona going for him though.

Yeah the sad fact is he's already on like ?50k a week at Zenith which is insane.

Yeah the sad fact is he's already on like ?50k a week at Zenith which is insane.

I didn't know that, Chelsea it is then!:pp

Portsmouth have signed Crouch.

VERY good signing for them. Peter Crouch is an excellent player and will always score you goals. The only thing with Crouch is that he can tend to change the whole dimension of your play with him being a lanky git and all, players tend to just pump the ball up to him. He works better in my opinion when you play the ball along the floor, whilst getting balls into the box in general rather than pumping the ball up to him.

Crouch is a very different player. Though his football has improved dramatically in the past seasons.

Good Job Portsmouth. They do have a decent starting 11 this season.

I think for this reason, he'll jump at the chance of his "dream move" to Barcelona, as opposed to go to the Premier League of money. However, we all know that money talks and who knows, the Russian influence at Chelsea may tempt him to England.

I can't see Barcelona going for him though.

I read some place that Barca have shown interest.. just no formal offers yet.. they are waiting for Eto'o sale to happen and they try and see if Adebayor joins them.. if not then I think they will go for him and he will be I guess more than willing to join them! Can be a great partner for Henry and they are both unselfish.. they can score a lot of goals amongst themselves those two.

Crouch was a potential replacement for Ade for us.. Portsmouth got a very good transfer.. interesting now who can join us if Adebayor leaves.. Eto'o for Ade swap? maybe.. Wenger also said he is more interested in Pavlyuchenko than Arshavin so maybe thats a sign!

Edited by Kralik

VfB Stuttgart's Fernando Meira is a wanted man at the moment, with both Juventus and Liverpool interested in him.Meira has become a key figure in the Stuttgart side since he joined the German side from Benfica in 2002 and was appointed captain in 2006.

The Portuguese international has made it clear that he is looking for a new challenge after his six year stint in the Bundesliga.

Roger Wittman, the player's agent, has said that Stuttgart have already agreed to let the defender move on if an offer is made from a big club.

Pirlo is asking Milan for a pay rise along with a new contract and agent Tullio Tinti feels he should be given what he is asking for.

With Milan recently voicing concerns over their finances though, they may well be unwilling to give in to Pirlo's demands.

However, The 29-year-old talisman has suggested that he may leave the club if his demands are not met.

Speedy striker Obafemi Martins has said that he is thrilled by Arsenal's interest in him, but no approach has been made.

Martins' current club Newcastle have been indecisive during contract deals to keep the Nigerian at St. James's Park, scrapping a supposedly confirmed US 160,000 dollar (?80,000) a week deal as part of their cost-cutting scheme.

Arsenal have been linked with a move for the entered 23-year-old, who could be available for US 26 million (?13M) if he decides to use his contract release clause.

Martins has said he will not force Newcastle to let him leave though, saying he would rather the two clubs discussed the deal between them.

"Arsenal is a big club that everyone wants to play for," he said. "I am thrilled and it will be nice to play for such a team.

Edited by Kralik

Excited by Middlesbrough's two signings Digard from Paris St-Germain and Emnes from Sparta Rotterdam. With Alves it should make for quite a strong attacking-midfield force. But what we really need is a (decent) keeper!!

Transfers and interests are coming thick and fast now..

Ajax striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has claimed Manchester United are 'very interested' in securing his services.

Contract talks between Ajax and Huntelaar recently broke down, leading to fresh speculation that the 24-year-old could be set to depart Amsterdam Arena this summer.

Arshavin has been linked with a big-money move away from the Russian champions this summer after he impressed for Russia at Euro 2008.

A number of top European clubs - including Chelsea, Arsenal and Barcelona - are reportedly tracking the 27-year-old.

Advocaat also said that he understands Arshavin's desire to seek a move abroad, and will not stand in his way should he find a suitable club.

"We can't keep hold of the player if someone offers good money, in the region of 25 or ?30million (?23.7million)."

Hull City are in talks to sign Middlesbrough midfielder George Boateng aare close to finalising a deal for Geovanni.

ke>

Hull City have wrapped up the signing of Brazilian midfielder Geovanni on a free transfer.

Frank Lampard, who is worried about losing his place to Deco has sensationally revealed his approval of an Inter move.

Inter coach, Jose Mourinho is reportedly lining up a bid for Euro 2008's player of the tournament, Xavi from Barcelona.

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is to start his summer spending by bringing Dimitar Berbatov to Old Trafford.

With Berbatov's stellar 2007/08 campaign for Tottenham Hotspur still fresh in the memory, the United hierarchy are keener than ever to acquire the Bulgarian striker's services in a deal that is reported to be in the region of ?25million.

Klass-Jan Huntelaar has put Manchester United on red alert after sensationally revealing his desire to play at Old Trafford.

The Ajax Amsterdam front man is currently one of the hottest properties on the market with Spanish champions Real Madrid also waiting in the wings to snap him up.

Tottenham have agreed a deal with PSV Eindhoven for the transfer of Heurelho Gomes, a replacement for Paul Robinson.

Tottenham Hotspur's bid to buy Roman Pavlyuchenko has been dashed by the striker's current club Spartak Moscow.

The news is a blow to Tottenham's plans, especially as rumours persist that Dimitar Berbatov remains keen to leave White Hart Lane, with Manchester United heading the list of sides wanting to sign the Bulgaria international.

Edited by Kralik

I've not really seen anything regarding crouch has gone to portsmouth.

I'll probably see something tomorrow hopefully.

It is being announced on Monday so I have heard.

AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani says Chelsea have made an "astronomical" bid for Brazilian Kaka.

The Blues have long been linked with a move for 26-year-old World Player of the Year and their boss is now ex-Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari.

Galliani told Italian newspaper La Stampa: "We received an astronomical offer from Chelsea for Kaka."

Real boss expects Ronaldo to stay

Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon says he expects Cristiano Ronaldo to stay at Manchester United.

Madrid have been linked with Ronaldo, who has often spoken of his "dream" to play for the Spanish La Liga champions.

"The most probable outcome as of today is that Cristiano Ronaldo will continue to play for Manchester United next year," said Calderon.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...utd/7492179.stm

Interesting article, although I'd be surprised if that's the last we hear of the whole thing.

Chelsea bidding for Kaka? That is quite surprising to me.

Actually I heard on Sky Sports that Chelsea deny having made an offers for Kaka.. strange really.. probrably just a rumor.. but BBC reported this and they quoted the Vice president of a club.. :unsure: Maybe Chelsea want to keep it low till things become clear on this deal..

The premier league have got to introduce a transfer cap.

It's not far that Chelsea can just buy up the talent.

We need to get back to only 3 foreign nationals on the pitch being allowed.

That does not include, Scottish, Welsh, N. Irish, R.Irish.

They should also start docking points on teams that their profits are less then their spending, even 1 penny.

If they build a new ground, or spend heaps on air flights and other travel, that does not come into consideration, if Chelsea spend ?75,000,000 on a player then the net sum of all the players

wages and wages for the staff will far outweigh what they take through the gate at 'The Bridge'.

We need to get back to only 3 foreign nationals on the pitch being allowed.

That does not include, Scottish, Welsh, N. Irish, R.Irish.

Would never happen. Teams like Arsenal wouldn't even be able to field a starting 11.

A cap in football is useless, however, what they could and should do is have a "luxury tax" on teams that either have too many foreigners or spend more money than the league sets as the maximum any team should spend on transfers.

Of course, I doubt this will ever happen anywhere. Just because Chelsea is buying all the talent doesn't mean they will win anything anyway.

It is being announced on Monday so I have heard.

Like I said...

Peter Crouch could be on the verge of bringing his Liverpool career to an end after the Reds gave him permission to open transfer talks with Portsmouth.

A Liverpool spokesman confirmed: "We have reached a verbal agreement with Portsmouth and have given them permission to speak with Peter."

Crouch joined the Reds in the summer of 2005 and has netted 42 goals in 135 games for the club.

Stay logged on to Liverpoolfc.tv for any more updates on this story.

Like I said...

Congrats to Pompey really.. he is a class forward.. better than Rooney and Defoe IMHO.. although those two have completely diferent styles.. Crouch has the ability to cause panic in defenders especially when crosses come in, in air.. and has a perfect hatrick :p meaning he has 2 good feet and can also head well.. very good signing.. personally I would've sold Kuyt and kept Crouch.. but lets see what Rafa has in mind.. with all the defensive signings it seems he is looking to bore us to sleep with defensive, keeping the ball back, slow football.. hope im wrong..

Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon believes Manchester United should 'open up their stance' in the Cristiano Ronaldo transfer saga.

United have stressed time and again that Ronaldo is not for sale and chief executive David Gill is expected to issue an official 'hands off' warning when he meets with Calderon on Monday.

Calderon seemed to admit defeat in Real's pursuit of the Portuguese winger over the weekend but he has now urged United to let the player go if that is his wish.

Milan have not ruled out the possibility of making an approach for Didier Drogba and Emmanuel Adebayor.

Both players have been heavily linked with a summer move to the San Siro, although the Serie A giants are yet to make an official approach for either.

Chelsea striker Drogba has been a long-term target for the Rossoneri, while Arsenal hit-man Adebayor is a reported target for a number of clubs - despite the Gunners' insistence that he is not for sale.

Italian side AS Roma have reportedly made a bid for Arsenal's Brazilian midfielder general, Gilberto at a price of US$4.9m
Zenit St Petersburg have rejected a 15 million euro ($23.51 million) offer from Barcelona for playmaker Andrei Arshavin, the Russian champions said on Monday.

"Barcelona had failed to improve their original offer of 15 million euros, thus we decided to end our negotiations with the Spanish club," Zenit said on their Web site www.fc-zenit.ru.

"We have not received any offers for Arshavin from any other clubs, therefore there are no discussions going on about his transfer."

I really wouldn't rate Arshavin at anywhere near ?20m sorry Zenith he's good but he's 27 and I think around ?15m should secure him.