[Football] Summer Transfers 2008

I have a source about the Quaresma deal, but I can't say who or what.

Basically, the transfer is 90% sure to go through, it was all agreed but Inter are now being silly and are trying to bargain Porto down now.

Basically, the transfer is 90% sure to go through, it was all agreed but Inter are now being silly and are trying to bargain Porto down now.

:laugh: Martybaby = Super Agent :p

lol, let me know on the blog who your source is :D

Chelsea have signed Portugal midfielder Deco from Spanish giants Barcelona for a fee of about ?8m.

The 30-year-old was recently told by Barca's new coach Pep Guardiola that he did not feature in their future plans.

"It is good for me to be here and first of all I am very happy to be here," Deco told Chelsea's official website.

Deco becomes the Blues' first signing since Portugal coach Luiz Felipe Scolari was appointed manager earlier this month.

However, his signing is Chelsea's second of the summer after international team-mate Jose Bosingwa.

Brazil-born Deco joined Barcelona from Porto in 2004 after helping the Portuguese side win the Uefa Cup, Champions League and domestic league titles under former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho.

Edited by Rappy

Barcelona is getting dismantled in their midfield. I wonder how Ronaldinho will do in the coming season after his injury problems. When he and Deco went down followed with Messi, Barcelona went from a comfortable 1st place lead over R. Madrid to losing the title by a good chunk of points.

Barcelona is getting dismantled in their midfield. I wonder how Ronaldinho will do in the coming season after his injury problems. When he and Deco went down followed with Messi, Barcelona went from a comfortable 1st place lead over R. Madrid to losing the title by a good chunk of points.

Ronaldinho will probably leave sometime this summer, the new Barca coach looks as tho he wants a completely new system.

I honestly believe Ronaldinho has passed his prime. When injuries start accumulating, you lose your rhythm and it is hard to be back to 100%.

I think Ronaldinho would have done well in Man City. Oh well...

Anwyays... awesome signing for Chelsea. Deco is a good player!

Yeah.. Deco is class! They can also get Robinho.. especially in Ronaldo leaves Man U for Real..

I don't necessarily think getting in a midfielder will setup Real getting rid of a striker, especially such a young one. Unless he is used in the deal to GET ronaldo.

Amaury Bischoff says he is set to join Arsenal after turning down a new contract at Werder Bremen.

The French-born midfielder has had his career tracked by Gunners boss Arsene Wenger since he was a youngster with Strasbourg.

He moved to Bremen in 2005, but has made just one senior appearance for the club against Celta Vigo in the Uefa Cup in 2007.

The 21-year-old was offered a new deal to stay in the Bundesliga, but claims he was unable to turn down the chance to move to Arsenal.

"Bremen was superb, but Arsenal is a huge opportunity for me," Bischoff told Bild.

"Wenger has known me since my time at Strasbourg and believes in my quality. He trusts me to be in the first team.

"Wenger has not put me under any pressure. He said, 'Take all the time you need'."

Bremen's managing director Klaus-Dieter Fischer admits the Bundesliga club were keen for Bischoff, who has struggled with injuries in the past, to stay.

Fischer told the club's official website: "We would be happy to have Amaury, but he has decided to take up a new challenge.

"We wish him well and thank him for the past three years."

Nasri, Bischoff, Ramsey - Exciting times for Arsenal albeit those names don't sound high profile, but neither did Anderson & Nani when they signed right! Only difference is we're not spending 30M for two players.

@NightCrawler - When does Arsene Wenger buy high profile names? His low-profile scouts seem to work most of the time. I think Ramsey will do pretty well and Nasri but I don't know much about Bischoff. All in all... a good year for transfers coming in at Arsenal.

He is indeed the highest profiled player out of those 3. Never seen the other 2 players play but I am sure I will see them soon.

I think Ronaldo will stay with Man Utd. At least for another season.

Hope we sign Villa or Bebatov (Y)