Windows 7 at D6

I think multi-touch is better on small objects. What is the use on bigger screens? It would look like you're a cashier at McDonalds, hitting the screen.

I hope they show more than mutlitouch.

I hate to be negative, but personally I couldn't care less about this innovation.

it was succeful in the iPhone and i remeber some saying the iPhoen would bomb and crap cause of multi-touch and guess what it is one of the most succesful products to date

I think multi-touch is better on small objects. What is the use on bigger screens? It would look like you're a cashier at McDonalds, hitting the screen.

lol true...

For a minute there I thought the White Board was Windows 7, LOL! :laugh:

lol these pictures are w7 ui prototype,nothing much to show.

inafried - Here's my question, Microsoft will have this in Windows 7, which is set for late 2009. When will Apple have it?

pwnd!

Forget about CNET, I'm sticking with Engadgets Photos and Text. Javascript is the last thing I want hogging resources. JAVA is the worst thing invented by SUN Microsystems.
JAVA != JavaScript.

The Qik link is pretty bad. The Engadget link is indeed much lovelier.

from engadget

"They worked with the Surface team on the multi-touch stuff. Microsoft is re-thinking the whole user interface to better accommodate multi-touch for day to day use."

Steve: Windows PCs are going to look fantastic. There's a lot in Windows 7. Our goal is to get our partners to build really great PCs.

umm....that was his rebuttal?

Steve: Windows PCs are going to look fantastic. There's a lot in Windows 7. Our goal is to get our partners to build really great PCs.

Man I was so right about expectations

I like how he bragged about pc sales as if they make all the profits off selling a pc. They are just the software which they sell dirt cheap to oem's ah ballmer, never lets me down

7:47 - Mossberg's drilling Bill on the Mac vs. PC, Bill's retiscent. Ballmer: "Every share point Apple picks up is a share point we don't like. ... But it depends on what your goal is. We like selling 290m units. ... Our model is better." Mossberg: But you CAN'T be happy with this Vista situation? Ballmer: "What's the appropriate response? I kind of like what Bill already said." Gates: "You're kind of repeating yourself." Ouch. Big applause.

wow.....

Sounds like Windows 7 will be a success only if hardware makers want to do so. The second the technology gets pricier than traditional PC's, the second that Windows 7 fails. I really doubt the average Joe/Jane will go out of their way to get a computer will all the gimmicks.

I'm impressed.

Microsoft manage to pull something I didn't see coming, although it doesn't really pertain to me.

I'm pretty sure there have been rumors on Neowin and other places about such an interactive touch interface for months.

I'm pretty sure there have been rumors on Neowin and other places about such an interactive touch interface for months.

I try to stay out of those sections on Neowin because everything turns into a Vista vs. XP debate, lol.

Not impressed. I guess the excitement and nostalgia for Touch technology has been taken away by Surface. But, I just don't see how this will replace my proven experience with the mouse, keyboard and or laptop touch pad. How will this increase a users productivity, ad value and agility to my work flow. All I'm seeing here is a frenzied response to the iPhone and possible me first before Apple comes to market with something more revolutionary and in fact Apple will always come with something better. If this is the direction Microsoft is taking I see it as another small niche like the Tablet is right now.

Sounds like Windows 7 will be a success only if hardware makers want to do so. The second the technology gets pricier than traditional PC's, the second that Windows 7 fails. I really doubt the average Joe/Jane will go out of their way to get a computer will all the gimmicks.

well OEMS and ms NEED and i repeat NEED to work together. or it wont work.

oh and ms also needs to stop rushing things and being childish. Steve should do a windows 7 ad like he did

I also doubt the entire Os will be mulitouch, if it is, then they set them selves up for failure..