Battlefield Bad Company

bfconquest2.jpg

Keep those weapons on ready soldier we are releasing Conquest Mode on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 soon, for free! The content will include the traditional Battlefield multiplayer game mode, Conquest. Conquest focuses on the capture and control of flags; once a team captures a control point, its members can re-spawn in the area. When a team loses control of all their flags or control points, they cannot re-spawn.

Maintaining control over the flags on the battlefield is a key to victory and the ability to re-spawn troops close to the battlefront can make all the difference for that last offensive push. Four existing maps have been redesigned along with all new lighting and weather effects, to give players a great battlefield on which to play Conquest. Upon entering one of these maps, the U.S. ARMY will face off against either the Russian or Middle Eastern Coalition forces and the battle for control of the territory will begin. Look for more information soon from DICE on the release date and more details on Conquest Mode.

Source

It will have new lighting and weather effects!

Probably been posted in here but I thought I would re-cap whats coming with Conquest.

apparently they're only going to use 4 current maps for conquest. The one we played yesterday 4 times is def going to be one of them.

hopefully they will launch map packs via xbox live later in the year

by weather effects I hope they mean snow. that would be fantastic. it would be great to follow someone's tracks and follow a sniper into the hills. realistically though they are most likely adding rain and lightning

Thanks for the time update. So we're looking at 5PM EST? Just trying to figure out if I can sneak out of work early enough...have an hour drive home.

So cool, tonight is a "special" night, my wife is working the long shift today, so that means I have from anywhere between 5-6 PM EST to 8 PM. Then 9PM until 11 PM. So that is a lot of playing time.

I need that hour break since I am in charge of dinner when she works the late shift, but since I plan on playing all night, it will be a take out night indeed so all I need to do is make a phone call. LOL

And nice, it appears Conquest is extremely close to the PC version with the MEC and Russians. Real nice.

Edit: nevermind, I see what they've done. Instead of a ticket countdown for your team they are using the blue and orange bars again. I'm guessing once that has drained the game is over.

So cool, tonight is a "special" night, my wife is working the long shift today, so that means I have from anywhere between 5-6 PM EST to 8 PM. Then 9PM until 11 PM. So that is a lot of playing time.

I need that hour break since I am in charge of dinner when she works the late shift, but since I plan on playing all night, it will be a take out night indeed so all I need to do is make a phone call. LOL

And nice, it appears Conquest is extremely close to the PC version with the MEC and Russians. Real nice.

This is great! :woot: My supervisor boss guy just left for the day...I'm out of here at 4. If there are no pile-ups or accidents on that poor excuse of a highway called the NJ Turnpike, I should be home a little before 5.

I'll need an hour break somewhere too. Get up, walk around a bit, and oh yeah, eat dinner with the better half as well. Or I'll get that menacing look again like I got the other night.

So what was the plan for tonight, try 2 separate squads searching for the same map or guide invites?

I am guessing we can play it by ear and first see how many of us there are, but I would at least like to try the two separate squad things as if for nothing less it will let people talk to eachother instead of potentially being on a squad full of strangers.

Then if that does not work, join through the guide and/or guide invites, because I am actually forgetting, if you join a server that people from your friends list is on, it does try to squad you up with them when possible.

But I am thinking lets try to two squads searching for the same map thing first just to see.

Alright, really hope it works (Y)

I also decided it was time to update my signature and avatar, might as well go with a subtle Bad Company one for now!

I can see a few members playing, where's the rest of the team, Larry + crew?

Damn...they always put me in the enemy team. Oh well...at least I got to kill you guys for a few times.

also, they just announced that they are converting the majority of their DEMO servers to the RETAIL servers. Hopefully this would fix any minimal lag left in the game and help with team balancing.

Thank you everyone, that was actually loads of fun, even thought I still don't exactly love the game. :laugh:

But had a few laughs and finally got to talk to the locals, hope you understood my broken English.

Sorry I just left, server threw me off with a "Lost connection" message - But we should definitely do this again, perhaps some CoD 4 instead? :p

Sethos, your English was good (Y):)

Great games guys. Shame initial plan did not work out but we were on the same team almost!

That last team we played were just messing with us lol!

I was playing like crap all night :no: Not happy. Probably the worst I've done since I bought the game.

Will be back on later though, either for more BF or COD4. I think I need a break from BF though :wacko:

I was playing like crap all night :no: Not happy. Probably the worst I've done since I bought the game.

Will be back on later though, either for more BF or COD4. I think I need a break from BF though :wacko:

So anyone else have any ideas of how to get more than 4 to the same map on the same team? The invite thing worked though, but we did keep getting split up.

I'm with you on playing like crap. Plus, Belgarath and myself just watched 2 guys on the other team go 1100+ and 1200+ in that last round. I went 8/28 with barely over 200 points. WTF???

I'm thinkin its time for some COD. Ground War. (Y)

Oh yeah, did you keep getting kicked off?

Need a break myself, I'll be hanging around either playing SP or just browsing the internet :) If I'm still on later send us an invite.

Managed to rank up again tonight and gain the Be The Best achievement, I was quite chuffed with that one :)

I'll play COD but I am only a rank 11, and haven't a clue about customisation of the weapons etc for a custom class. So god help anyone I get into a team with :p

So anyone else have any ideas of how to get more than 4 to the same map on the same team? The invite thing worked though, but we did keep getting split up.

I'm with you on playing like crap. Plus, Belgarath and myself just watched 2 guys on the other team go 1100+ and 1200+ in that last round. I went 8/28 with barely over 200 points. WTF???

I'm thinkin its time for some COD. Ground War. (Y)

Its possible but its really hard because A) There has to be spaces and B) There would be several different servers of that particular map running.

Yeah, thats why Larry and I left, was just becoming a joke as to what the other team were scoring lol. They weren't even trying! Tonight, I wasn't performing that well either, was hit and miss!

Edit - Belgarath, congrats on that achievement, I got Leatherneck tonight also.

Need a break myself, I'll be hanging around either playing SP or just browsing the internet :) If I'm still on later send us an invite.

Managed to rank up again tonight and gain the Be The Best achievement, I was quite chuffed with that one :)

I'll play COD but I am only a rank 11, and haven't a clue about customisation of the weapons etc for a custom class. So god help anyone I get into a team with :p

Doesnt bother me one bit what rank you are. I can help you out with the perks. That's easy. And at least Munky wont have to worry about being teamkilled... ;)

I'm not too sure if you heard me, but congrats on the rank up and the Be the Best achievement.

Yer, thanks all, been after the Be The Best for a while, probably one of the more difficult ones to get now that there are more players.

Thats another one, the perks, when I last played COD the other day I was booted off a server for using that one where you can still shoot your pistol when you die. Is it universally a frowned upon perk? As most other servers the players were also saying n00b sod off with the pistol, lame ass etc :( Amongst all the kids swearing and being ###### :p

Yer, thanks all, been after the Be The Best for a while, probably one of the more difficult ones to get now that there are more players.

Thats another one, the perks, when I last played COD the other day I was booted off a server for using that one where you can still shoot your pistol when you die. Is it universally a frowned upon perk? As most other servers the players were also saying n00b sod off with the pistol, lame ass etc :( Amongst all the kids swearing and being ###### :p

That and Martydorm are the two perks that are frown on a lot!

Back on BF:BC, I really hope they bring out a patch soon and Conquest should be interesting although Gold Rush is still an awesome game mode!

Not to go off topic...but here goes...

Thats the only bad thing about COD online. The children acting like, well, children. When I play, I usually dont use a headset so i dont have to listen to the whines in the lobby. Or while playing, I just mute the annoying ones. What playlist do you normally play? I usually go with the Team type games, less idiots in those.

As for the Last Stand/Martyrdom perks...they are in the game, they are supposed to be used. Plain and simple.

wait until BF:Heroes :ninja: That reminds me I'll have to get my game time and bug count up :)

@ AJ, for some reason my connection was dying and then a few times I tried to join the game on the same team as you. It kept putting me with other players though or on the opposition. I jsut gave up in the end though.

For some reason I'm only getting 5.5 mbps, I should be at least 7 :/

Yeah that's a good point John, I've barely touched Heroes since I installed. Need to put more time into it!

I'm gonna stick around for another hour or so, want to see some of that Munky Magic ... That reminds me of a song ...

Born from an egg on a mountain top

The punkiest monkey that ever popped

He knew every magic trick under the sun

To tease the Gods

And everyone and have some fun

Monkey magic, Monkey magic

What a cocky saucy monkey this one is

All the Gods were angered

And they punished him