Battlefield Bad Company

Now now, no need to pull rank ;) :laugh: LOL

Ya think? :rofl: That's why I couldn't just drive by you guys, and had to pick you up. I brought you to the next base, and of course, I was the one who got killed! So back to the first base again... :)

See if we can hit that up sometime on the weekend. I tend to just keep playing, and playing, and playing with COD4. And that's usually a bad thing during the work week.

Haha I'm just playing. I miss ranking though :(

lol, that's why I stay away from vehicles. I'm like a magnet to tanks and rockets whenever I get inside one. The most I'll use is a humvee/boat to get from A to B, but I'm not one for driving around blowing sh** up. I leave that to Larry, he was on a roll last night :woot:

Also guys I just realized this, but has anyone ever actually sees what happened when you are in custom match and do the squad invites with more than 4 people? Reason I ask is I remember that one night we played where AJ and my Coworker were not part of the invited squad, and they kept alternating in the squad every round. So maybe if we join a server with 6 people we would be split up and vary for every round?? I literally have never tried more than 3 people in my squad for a 4 man squad as I did not know what happens, but what if we do start out with more than 4 people before we try to join a server??

I'd love to be a guinea pig to test that out :p

Larry, not sure that works, once squad is full, you can't do more squad invites (from what I have experienced anyhow) . However, when in a game, you invite people to join your game from the guide and I am pretty sure they go on your team most times. But its worth a try.

Haha I'm just playing. I miss ranking though :(

lol, that's why I stay away from vehicles. I'm like a magnet to tanks and rockets whenever I get inside one. The most I'll use is a humvee/boat to get from A to B, but I'm not one for driving around blowing sh** up. I leave that to Larry, he was on a roll last night :woot:

LOL I am no doubt a tank ###### from the good old days of Battlefield 2. I am still nowhere near as lethal as I used to be on BF2 either, still trying to get super comfortable with the controls, but I am pretty close.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot to share how I was dreaming about Bad Company last night. :blink: :laugh:

Seriously though I am not even kidding, and one thing I really remember is in my dream the game was part of reality and they were having a buy one get one free sale for the unlocks at some store, and people started going nuts trying to get certain unlocks. LOL So yeah, whomever said video games do not affect people, never met me. LOL

And I think I may have an idea for the squads where we at least get to play on the same server.

Okay. We obviously could potentially have enough people for two squads right?

By my math, especially if Sethos wants to play, we potentially have 8 people... Myself, My Coworker (massiveterra), habnad, Munky, Belgarath, CommonSquare (.KICK), Sethos (MichaelBL), RatherLargeBear, and oh man I know I am forgetting someone else as well, so that would actually make nine. And, my boy who is also a member here jerzdawg, keeps telling me he is going to be buying the game... So that is a lot of people right?

So what if two of us start the squads up, get on Voice Chat, and set the settings when we search to both look for the same map?

That could be a way of "forcing" things so both squads join the same server. We very well would probably not be on the same team, and It's a potential long shot, but all I have as of now. Any other ideas?

Well, not much point in teaming up with me since my headset is broken, unless my team-mates don't mind.

But I'd love to play with a few neowinians for a change.

One thing Larry, when choosing custom match, do you even get a choice of maps? You have like 3 options, ranked/non-ranked, difficulty and something else - Maps are chosen randomly as far as I remember?

EDIT: Oh yes, there is "Preferred Map" - I will just shut up now :p

Well, not much point in teaming up with me since my headset is broke, unless my team-mates don't mind.

But I'd love to play with a few neowinians for a change.

One thing Larry, when choosing custom match, do you even get a choice of maps? You have like 3 options, ranked/non-ranked, difficulty and something else - Maps are chosen randomly as far as I remember?

You can pick your preferred choice of map. Most times it picks it but sometimes it doesn't! All depends on what is available. Or you can just do random like you said.

LOL I am no doubt a tank ###### from the good old days of Battlefield 2. I am still nowhere near as lethal as I used to be on BF2 either, still trying to get super comfortable with the controls, but I am pretty close.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot to share how I was dreaming about Bad Company last night. :blink: :laugh:

Seriously though I am not even kidding, and one thing I really remember is in my dream the game was part of reality and they were having a buy one get one free sale for the unlocks at some store, and people started going nuts trying to get certain unlocks. LOL So yeah, whomever said video games do not affect people, never met me. LOL

And I think I may have an idea for the squads where we at least get to play on the same server.

Okay. We obviously could potentially have enough people for two squads right?

By my math, especially if Sethos wants to play, we potentially have 8 people... Myself, My Coworker (massiveterra), habnad, Munky, Belgarath, CommonSquare (.KICK), Sethos (MichaelBL), RatherLargeBear, and oh man I know I am forgetting someone else as well, so that would actually make nine. And, my boy who is also a member here jerzdawg, keeps telling me he is going to be buying the game... So that is a lot of people right?

So what if two of us start the squads up, get on Voice Chat, and set the settings when we search to both look for the same map?

That could be a way of "forcing" things so both squads join the same server. We very well would probably not be on the same team, and It's a potential long shot, but all I have as of now. Any other ideas?

Yeah I was just about to suggest that same idea. It's what people used to do with Gears of War iirc. It's worth a shot though. Worst comes to worst we send invites from within the Guide and it allows people to play in the same map as us, and with any luck they could be in the same squad. It's 12 players per team, the chances are pretty high 8 of us will at least be together in some way.

I think AndrewDB, Disturb3d & Neoadorable still play the game, but I've not played with them for a while. They are always welcome to join us again. That's almost a full team of Neowin members we could have going!

What time were you planning on playing tonight, evening US or UK time?

Could anyone who has me on their friends list check the Stats menu within the game, see whether they can compare stats with me or not. Whenever I try to compare, all my stats are listed as 0. ( No, I don't suck that much :laugh: )

Also, what are the difference between "Normal" and "Hard" challenges in the custom games menu, in what way do they change the game?

Munky,

As I stated in the game last night, if you miss ranking...I'll give you my gamertag password LOL

Dude, you signed up! Welcome to Neowin :)

We'll have Larry's relatives on here soon enough haha :p

@ Seth, We usually start playing around 9PM GMT, so that will be 10PM for you I think?

And also, I've checked your stats before from within the game and they showed up fine. Does it happen all the time when you check? Might just be a glitch with the servers just now :iiam:

I understand that there are chances that people can be kicked out of squads for balancing purposes, but I have a feeling that if you're trying to execute a neowin majority game, people might be moved to another round or map completely

What time were you planning on playing tonight, evening US or UK time?

Could anyone who has me on their friends list check the Stats menu within the game, see whether they can compare stats with me or not. Whenever I try to compare, all my stats are listed as 0. ( No, I don't suck that much :laugh: )

Also, what are the difference between "Normal" and "Hard" challenges in the custom games menu, in what way do they change the game?

Hard means you play people who are generally higher ranked! Normal means you play anyone.

I use Battlefield website for stats, that works and is more detailed. In-game messes up for me, shows 0 for me on some stats too!

I am not sure what time tonight! Maybe 9 or 10PM UK time?

Yeah I was just about to suggest that same idea. It's what people used to do with Gears of War iirc. It's worth a shot though. Worst comes to worst we send invites from within the Guide and it allows people to play in the same map as us, and with any luck they could be in the same squad. It's 12 players per team, the chances are pretty high 8 of us will at least be together in some way.

I think AndrewDB, Disturb3d & Neoadorable still play the game, but I've not played with them for a while. They are always welcome to join us again. That's almost a full team of Neowin members we could have going!

From what I remember, I dont think you can invite from the guide. I think it's only from within game. I could be wrong though. I think I tried inviting DL once through the guide, and the option was greyed out.

From what I remember, I dont think you can invite from the guide. I think it's only from within game. I could be wrong though. I think I tried inviting DL once through the guide, and the option was greyed out.

I've managed to invite through the guide many times. Remember it will only let you invite if there is space in the game :)

Hard means you play people who are generally higher ranked! Normal means you play anyone.

I use Battlefield website for stats, that works and is more detailed. In-game messes up for me, shows 0 for me on some stats too!

I am not sure what time tonight! Maybe 9 or 10PM UK time?

so Hard and Normal doesn't change any gameplay mechanic whatsoever?

I know a lot of people that don't like this game because they say "it seems like so much of an effort to kill someone." It would be nice for a higher challenge level to also incorporate an easier kill (like less bullets for one kill)

I've managed to invite through the guide many times. Remember it will only let you invite if there is space in the game :)

That could have been the reason why it didn't work.

Ok, can someone help out the time challenged here? Eastern time? I know you and DM are 5 hours ahead, but that GMT stuff confuses me.

@sethos, do you have a cell phone headset? As long as it a 2.5mm connector, it should work with the controller.

so Hard and Normal doesn't change any gameplay mechanic whatsoever?

I know a lot of people that don't like this game because they say "it seems like so much of an effort to kill someone." It would be nice for a higher challenge level to also incorporate an easier kill (like less bullets for one kill)

Not that I am aware of, I maybe wrong!

Just read the tiny manual. It says a Squad with up to 3 friends so I doubt they will expand it :(

Dude, you signed up! Welcome to Neowin :)

We'll have Larry's relatives on here soon enough haha :p

@ Seth, We usually start playing around 9PM GMT, so that will be 10PM for you I think?

And also, I've checked your stats before from within the game and they showed up fine. Does it happen all the time when you check? Might just be a glitch with the servers just now :iiam:

Yes, it has been showing 0 ever since I got the game, even checked now and still nothing.

I usually check the website, but it's great to have an easy comparison to your friends.

But around 10PM is great, I'll be online waiting for any guide invites and checking the thread, then I can always hope to end up on the opposite team, for some bum-molestation :laugh:

@habnad: No I don't :/

Yes, it has been showing 0 ever since I got the game, even checked now and still nothing.

I usually check the website, but it's great to have an easy comparison to your friends.

But 10PM is great, I'll be online waiting for any guide invites, then I can always hope to end up on the opposite team, for some bum-molestation :laugh:

I'll get your dog tag :devil: :p

If you want to compare stats, login into your own account on the website then view someone else page such as Larry's in his signature and it compares yours and his stats. His will be in gold, yours will be in silver. :)

@habnad, I thought that was true for the Xbox controllers but not the 360 ones?

That could have been the reason why it didn't work.

Ok, can someone help out the time challenged here? Eastern time? I know you and DM are 5 hours ahead, but that GMT stuff confuses me.

GMT is the time zone .Kick and I are in. Sethos is one hour ahead of us so he is GMT+1.

Actually I meant to ask, are Larry and yourself different time zones also? And what about you Massiveterra? Are you in the same zone as Larry?

GMT is the time zone .Kick and I are in. Sethos is one hour ahead of us so he is GMT+1.

Actually I meant to ask, are Larry and yourself different time zones also? And what about you Massiveterra? Are you in the same zone as Larry?

Yeah, I think all three of them are GMT-5. They are 5 hours behind us!

If you want to compare stats, login into your own account on the website then view someone else page such as Larry's in his signature and it compares yours and his stats. His will be in gold, yours will be in silver. :)

Over my dead body you will ( Da-dum chi )

Oh, didn't know you could compare stats like that - Awesome (Y)

If anyone wish to get an ego boost, feel free to compare: http://badcompany.ea.com/myprofile/xbox/Sethos88/ :rofl:

we are all in the same time zone, and all live within an hour from each other

That website is awesome :laugh:

Ok cool so all you guys are 5 hours behind. I was just confused when Larry said he was coming on later last night and Habnad was already on.

@habnad, I thought that was true for the Xbox controllers but not the 360 ones?

This sucks being at work! :laugh: Im having a hard time keeping up with convo...real slow T1 here.

Thanks for the time update. So we're looking at 5PM EST? Just trying to figure out if I can sneak out of work early enough...have an hour drive home.

@ .KICK, I thought I tried using a cell headset once. But I could have been under some influence at that moment. Or I since it's on the internet, it has to work right??? LOL.