[Official] New Xbox Experience (or Fall 2008 Update)

I don't buy it, if it was a browser it would say "Browser" or "Internet", not browse.

Nah, it would say "Launch Firefox" :rofl:

Looks like to just browse your games thats all.

I don't see a browser coming to the 360 but you never know.

Personally i think it would be next to useless which the browsers on PS3/Wii are currently.

Why the hell would you have a browser on a console? the browser on the ps3 is an entirely wasted feature, it's just cumbersome and not necessary.

Leave it out and leave space for something useful (Y)

Sounds more like browsing through the game library or something?

(Y). Although, it would be nice to have Internet Explo...sorry, couldn't see that one through :laugh:

Sounds more like browsing through the game library or something?

+1

With the non-transparent IE7 logo pasted onto the screen. :laugh:

EDIT: The XBOX 360 should have an internet browser. The PS3 does...:(

Edited by Skulltrail

well they're adding in netflix so its not such a big leap to have a internet browser in the console dash. people could use it to browse things such as youtube [which to be fair is being used on pretty much ever available format- PSN, mobile, Ipod] and other things such as the official xbox forums. never rule things out because again, they have said they've not revealed everything thats being released with the new dash yet...

easy browsing/searches can be achieved with the chat pad/D pad on the controller nowadays as PSN proved.... i mean they have multi-page internet browsing capabilities and its a leap in the right direction for console internet browsing.

i personally would welcome any browsing capability for the xbox360 as its the next logical step i think if they want to either keep up/get ahead of the current generation. otherwise the PSN will eventually be better unless the 360 receives a browsing option sooner or later. i think maybe evena web based marketplace won;t be far off either for the xbox, because they're already saying you can use the pc to select downloads from teh market direct to your console so i will be watching carefully.... like a ninja :ninja:

certainly would be very nice to have along with the new added resolutions (i just switched to a 22 incher so 1680X1050 would be good about now), but agree that it doesn't look like a browser, more like a library browse function. you never know.

Without mouse and keyboard support on the 360, a web browser wouldn't really get used enough to justify the time spent implementing it. The PS3 has a browser, but it also mouse and keyboard support, making it at least somewhat comfortable.

That said, I do enjoy reading strange and interesting theories :)

Without mouse and keyboard support on the 360, a web browser wouldn't really get used enough to justify the time spent implementing it. The PS3 has a browser, but it also mouse and keyboard support, making it at least somewhat comfortable.

That said, I do enjoy reading strange and interesting theories :)

with the chat pad and the anolog sticks it would be fine... but I dont think I would ever use it... I've only used the one on my wii once and never touched it again.

Why the hell would you have a browser on a console? the browser on the ps3 is an entirely wasted feature, it's just cumbersome and not necessary.

Leave it out and leave space for something useful (Y)

Hey, you'd be surprised how useful the PS3 browser comes in handy sometimes....

especially during the night. :ninja:

If someone (anyone!) makes a console browser that supports modern day Flash, I'll be there. I would absolutely love to watch my Hulu/TheWB.com content on my HDTV without the hassle of a computer.

If someone (anyone!) makes a console browser that supports modern day Flash, I'll be there. I would absolutely love to watch my Hulu/TheWB.com content on my HDTV without the hassle of a computer.

Haha, you can bet that if Microsoft were to make a browser for the 360 (fat chance) that it would support Silverlight, not Flash. :p