[Official] New Xbox Experience (or Fall 2008 Update)

Auch no one ever pays attention to the stickies!

Need a fresh topic for such a big update I think :yes:

Same thing in the Sony section - There is a sticky for firmware, but no one ever pays attention to it.

Mainly because everyone knows there is an update coming, Microsoft only gets 2 a year anyway! (Well, just one big one this year)

Mainly because everyone knows there is an update coming, Microsoft only gets 2 a year anyway! (Well, just one big one this year)

Which is why a fresh topic for each one is probably the best idea :p

I mean look at the sticky, it's 52 pages long :/

Is it really a good idea to plank down the info on the new dash on page 52 of a topic? :p

An official topic would have all NXE info on page 1, or at least all within a manageable 5-10 pages or so? Not 52 :laugh:

Yeah I definitely think we should collect and make a new topic with all the info of the coming NXE.

There is so much stuff posted about it, it's better to have it in one place. The officital topics in the 360 section really are useless, nobody pays attention to them (except the gamertag and achievements once in a while). Same goes for all the subforums in the GH imo.

I'll make one tomorrow sometime after I dig out all the info I can.

Yeah I definitely think we should collect and make a new topic with all the info of the coming NXE.

There is so much stuff posted about it, it's better to have it in one place. The officital topics in the 360 section really are useless, nobody pays attention to them (except the gamertag and achievements once in a while). Same goes for all the subforums in the GH imo.

I'll make one tomorrow sometime after I dig out all the info I can.

If you could, that would be great. I'm too lazy to look for the info. :laugh:

This is looks better everytime I see something new from it. I cant wait for the NXE to be released.

When you go into the new Games Store this fall, you will be able to check out screenshots of the game, watch trailers and read the back-of-the-box description like you are shopping at a retail store. The Games Store will also display every available download for the game you are looking for. Let’s say you are looking at “Gears of War 2,” you will have all available Gears of War 2 options easily accessible such as: previews, trailers, gamerpics, themes, game add ons, game images. You’ll never need to search for the content you want.

That sounds great.

As far as music goes, there is a big change to the XBOX Audio system coming that includes the media playback.

I hope they add support for .flac

Edited by DARKFiB3R

If a mod wants, he could just merge this topic with the other topics about Major Nelson's NXE updates and make that the official topic.

No no no, in my honest opinion, the best way to handle this would be to have an "Official NXE thread" with links to all of the various NXE threads. Having all of the various NXE discussions in one thread will make things so complicated.

Just my two cents.

Anyway, I hate to say it, but I'm honestly not seeing the difference here. Everything looks to be in lists, just like OXE (Old XBOX Exprience? :p), except now they're in boxes instead of full screen. The only thing I worry about with NXE Game Store is that there are going to be a good hundred of these boxes, won't this make navigation just as annoying? I'm probably missing something, so please, explain it to me :p

If any of you listened to Major's podcast, it will happen before the end of the calender year not necessiarly "fall".

And i have to say it's gonna look and be great!

If any of you listened to Major's podcast, it will happen before the end of the calender year not necessiarly "fall".

And i have to say it's gonna look and be great!

Rockband 2 stated that it'll come in November so its rumoured to come in November maybe.

Welcome to Neowin Browno.

It definitely looks as if November will be the month (that is the anniversary for the Xbox, 360 and XBL after all). Along with Rockband 2 and apparently some MS employee told a comic artist / blogger on his visit to MS.

Nothing has been officially announced though.

I cant wait to actually play around with everything. Looks like this is going to improve the dashboard overall, hopefully performance wise

I cant wait to actually play around with everything. Looks like this is going to improve the dashboard overall, hopefully performance wise

Most important thing IMO (Y)

Welcome to Neowin Browno.

It definitely looks as if November will be the month (that is the anniversary for the Xbox, 360 and XBL after all). Along with Rockband 2 and apparently some MS employee told a comic artist / blogger on his visit to MS.

Nothing has been officially announced though.

Cheers for the welcome DrunknMunky , I hope too it is out November, (yn)

I really hope the update comes before the release of Gears of War 2 to hold me over with the new features.

Any idea if the game shows are free (1 v 100).