• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Neowin Forums get a Mobile skin

Antaris    83

awesome addition, posting this from my htc touch diamond. very fast :)

.KICK    3
Which device do you use?

We can look into supporting a range of devices if people require this?

Would be nice to support Symbian phones? My Nokia N95 did not like Neowin much when I tried to use it! (Kept closing the browser a lot)

This looks good though :)

tomwarren    68
Would be nice to support Symbian phones? My Nokia N95 did not like Neowin much when I tried to use it! (Kept closing the browser a lot)

This looks good though :)

We don't have an N95 to test with but how does it look?

White Cuban    0

im surprised there isn't a global standard of Phone makers on the browser functioning, could help our developing so much, again, corporate biotches, what you gunna do right?

Gabe3    12

When does this mobile skin take affect because I just went to neowin on my iphone and it looks normal.

.KICK    3

Posting this from the Nokia N95, seems okay but the smilies seem rather big compared to the text!

I forgot to add, the user bar at the top is slightly squashed, the text that says 'Mark Read' is pushed onto the next line. No biggie though.

NienorGT    18

AWESOME!

Anyone have a shot with Opera Mobile 9.5?

lalalawawawa    59

Looking good. (Y)

xirtam    9

realy great work guys.

posting from PSP :)

DaveLegg    987
When does this mobile skin take affect because I just went to neowin on my iphone and it looks normal.

Try clearing out your cookies, that will most likely fix the issue.

tomwarren    68

I have been using this for a while and the one thing that bugs me is having to scroll down the page to get the latest post. What do you guys think? Do you think we should change this so that the most recent reply is at the top and then going downwards but keep the original poster above the top section. If you go to options at the top of this thread and go to Linear + you will see what I mean about the separation...we could then have the most recent posts after the original. Thoughts?

JMann    2

Even works on my Sony Ericsson, nice one! (Y) Can wait to start using it on the iPhone when I get mine sometime this month. :happy:

instant.human    45
I have been using this for a while and the one thing that bugs me is having to scroll down the page to get the latest post. What do you guys think? Do you think we should change this so that the most recent reply is at the top and then going downwards but keep the original poster above the top section. If you go to options at the top of this thread and go to Linear + you will see what I mean about the separation...we could then have the most recent posts after the original. Thoughts?

thats a good idea, especially on a mobile theme that makes sense. i mean you want to browse the forums quickly on the go so it would help to get you up to date if it was like you said.

=)

id say - do it! or add an option.

Minimoose    2

Lush, looking very nice. I would appreciate it more if I had a decent phone ;)

Yuxi    2

NICE!! :D

Looks good on opera mini (I really need a better phone lol).

Pajter    16

I ****ing love you guys! This is so awesome. Now I never have to leave Neowin again. Looking really good on my iphone. :D

Andrew Lyle    336

wow this is actually so much faster, and easier to reply ok neowin. No more sudden screen adjustments when trying to post

Timan    554

Just a heads up, the skin was developed by request of the staff for Windows Mobile devices. Frank sent me a phone to develop on and I did just that, skin should work flawlessly on Pocket IE.

But now it seems everyone wants an iPhone version, so I'm doing just that, a specific version just for that (more apple style). So be on the look out for that and enjoy the skin. Should work quite nicely on edge, and 3g.

Marshalus    50
would be nicer if the logo was used... but still cool nonetheless
Yea, +1 for the logo icon, but this is great! Good work (Y)

We had it on there for a while, but it didn't scale right and would look all ugly and jaggy. It may be added later but felt it didn't add value to what we already had and didn't want to hold up the works just for that.

I think its FANTASTIC, personally. Looks great on my iPhone.

AJR1    4

great addition to neowin.

cant wait for iphone specific version :)

+Ely    213

Wow finally!!!! I have been waiting for this for over a year now, I have browsed Neowin on my Dash for two years now, the mobile front page was good but this makes the whole package!

Thank you.

Ci7    202

cool (Y)

congratulation Neowin :D

Marshalus    50

Those of you with iPhone's don't forget about mobile.neowin.net for all your news browsing needs. It's very "native" to the iPhone.

spenser.d    1,100

*sigh*

/wishes he didn't drop his iPod Touch into his Captain&Coke last summer... :laugh:

-Spenser

d3bruts1d    0

Awesome! Now, we just need that Neowin.net iPhone app. ;)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this