Neowin Forums get a Mobile skin

The text is a little smaller, but I fixed the iPhone version so it doesn't scroll horizontally. It now has a web icon for when you favorite it to your home screen, also removes the toolbar when you use that method to view the forums.

I wonder if the InvisionBoard team will build this feature into their next version, because with all the mobile browsing increasing, it became a need, and I don't see every single developer to this!

IPB have said that in their next release 3.0 they will be including a mobile skin.

But going from what I see here, I don't know for what platform are they going to be basing theres.

But then saying that, this new skin is working on my N95 so maybe its not just a iPhone/Windows Mobile thing after all. :whistle:

As part of Neowin's 8th birthday celebrations, we are proud to announce the launch of a forum skin specifically for our members who like to surf on the go. The new skin has been tested across a range of the most popular mobile browsers to give members a great Neowin experience out on the road.

Our developer Timan has worked tirelessly on this skin to ensure it contains all the features you need to post on Neowin from a mobile device. To keep the skin bandwidth friendly, the number of images on the page is very low, and signatures and other less necessary parts are not displayed.

wm_nmd8253.png

Neowin Forums on Windows Mobile

iphone_nmbec29.png

Neowin Forums on iPhone

To view the mobile skin, simply load up the forums in your browser on your mobile device. Your mobile will be detected and the mobile skin applied. A link is available at the bottom should you wish to switch back to the full skin

doesn't work on my htc touch pda. i tried last night with opera mobile & internet explorer.

doesn't work on my htc touch pda. i tried last night with opera mobile & internet explorer.

Two things to check: Make sure Opera isn't set to identify as a desktop computer (that avoids our mobile detection script), if that fails, try closing the site, clearing out your cookies and loading the site again.

Finally. Browsing Neowin on my iPod Touch was horrible. It should be better now. By the way, what's the news on the new site skin?

Two things to check: Make sure Opera isn't set to identify as a desktop computer (that avoids our mobile detection script), if that fails, try closing the site, clearing out your cookies and loading the site again.

ill try that in opera later but ie should of worked fine. :wacko:

First: False that there are more S40s than S60s. The Symbian really took off with S60.

In Europe, there are no Wifi hotspots everywhere and it is not sold with a data plan.

LOL you are SO really out of touch of reality. :laugh:

http://www.nokia.com/A4136001?newsid=1236588

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/item/7...008_Results.php

No. of Nokia phones sold Q2 2008 : 122 million

No. of S60 phones sold Q2 2008 : 15.3 million

guess what the remaining 106.7 million phones are? S40 phones. ;)

"False that there are more S40s than S60s"? LOL in your wet dream. You are the FALSE one here, and obviously the one who's either blind or can't even read basic facts here. :D

Im done; I hope Tim really ment that hes looking out for Symbian users like they really deserve :)

ROFL. Really nice to know it's your last post in this thread, since you are just all bullcraps. Good riddance :laugh:

Edited by wellofsouls

*tries this out*

Excellent work fellas!

Guys can you make a little favicon for the iphone? if we want to add the site to our home screen we don't get a pretty neowin icon.

also you guys might want to fix the buttons:

IMG_0003.PNG

Its me!

For the iPhone, why doesn't the address bar automatically hide itself after page load?

It does in our developmental version that we'll release soon.

When replying to a thread I can't seem to scroll down in the reply box to input text. This is particularly a problem when quoting a large post.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or whether I'm just being stupid.