Neowin Forums get a Mobile skin

Just a few notes:

1. The login screen needs some work.

2. Wider quick reply box please.

3. Pages are wider than the screen (I can horizontal scroll)

4. Few display glitches here and there.

Sent from my iPhone

By the way did I mention I love this new mobile version? However is there a link I can bookmark that takes me to new posts all the time?

Not sure if you saw the previous replies but Timan is re-doing the iPhone skin :)

The current skin is a temp fix as without it iPhone users wouldn't be able to use the mobile forums at all but a lot of the staff are iPhone users and clearly the members are too so it's high priority and as Timan has said he hopes to have it done over the weekend but no promises ;)

If only such a thing were easy to do with PHPBB3.. /sigh

Looks amazing btw guys, but you might wana drop the width of the tables down by about 5 pixels on the iPhone version, looks dodgy when you scroll sideways

Not sure if you saw the previous replies but Timan is re-doing the iPhone skin :)

The current skin is a temp fix as without it iPhone users wouldn't be able to use the mobile forums at all but a lot of the staff are iPhone users and clearly the members are too so it's high priority and as Timan has said he hopes to have it done over the weekend but no promises ;)

Whoops.. didnt read that first

Again S60 3rd phones should be top prority.

Wow what an ass****. You dont get to demand anything, just because you have a S60 phone doesnt mean they should drop everything else they are doing just to make you happy, until you start contributing to the site by donating then maybe just maybe you might be able to REQUEST it for your phone.

I expect demand a Symbian S60 3rd version made; Please remember that the iPhone is a little bit over a year old and Symbian has been here for a VERY long time; Again a Symbian version should be made before the iPhone version; Symbian has alot more marketshare than iPhone.

Thanks and great addition to the site :)

What exactly is wrong with the current mobile version on Symbian?

It looks fine to me, screenshots taken on my N95.

rhxqsaak94yhfpl782q6.jpgap00vsqunmhbljk57d14.jpgxrjz3ggtsvagnkoh8as4.jpg

12ofpwsk2wktaptavpjy.jpg1o613ryjrkm8dnyddmqe.jpgo9oc6jo86mtw18lxfzjh.jpg

Great work guys, I can read the forums on the go now! :)

If you need anything testing on Symbian let me know as I?m sure someone posted you didn?t have a Symbian phone to test on.

rhxqsaak94yhfpl782q6.jpgap00vsqunmhbljk57d14.jpgxrjz3ggtsvagnkoh8as4.jpg

12ofpwsk2wktaptavpjy.jpg1o613ryjrkm8dnyddmqe.jpgo9oc6jo86mtw18lxfzjh.jpg

If you need anything testing on Symbian let me know as I?m sure someone posted you didn?t have a Symbian phone to test on.

Excellent, thanks for t:)t :)

SNIP

If you have any idea what fonts those phones have, I could apply one that matches Tahoma/Verdana. That seems to be the reason some things are displaying out of whack. But for the most part it looks usable. Could use some slight tweaks, but would need to find a way to test it.

Just trying out the forums on my iPhone. Really quick to use now and really easy to navigate.

Sterling job guys - really nice work :)

From looking in the font?s folder on the N95 I found:

Nokia Hindi S60 Regular (OpenType)

Nokia Hindi S60 Semibold (OpenType)

Nokia Hindi TitleSmBd S60 (OpenType)

Series 60 ZDigi (TrueType)

Ive uploaded the fonts here.

I?m not sure if the web browser uses these fonts but they were the only ones I could find on the phone, is there a script or something that might tell me?

I own a Hiptop; has a standard browser and the new mobile skin fails to work on it.

Compatibility would be appreciated, I thought it would be good to also add that the mobile skin of the news side of Neowin (Main, Software, Gamers) works fine on the Hiptop.

This is the nuts man! I can't wait to try on my iPod Touch. Didn't even know there was a lofi version as well. Oh well I got this one now and it looks soo cool. Thanks for all the hard work all.

Excellent work (Y), but I found one problem. If you click on a icon which represents a sub-forum, it doesn't load the sub-forum but instead reloads the current page. Tested on PIE on WM5.

It's market share based on internet usage, silly!

But again....if a product has sold ALOT more than another product, wouldn't its market share be similar/the same/more?

Its common logic.

well i do understand your patriotism but just because you and some others are using s60 phones doesnt mean you need to "demand" anything here. seriously, take what you get, afterall its free and someone spend a whole lot of time there on developing it for US, for FREE, for OUR convenience...

please pay some respect and dont sht around because there is no s60 version YET...

i mean... come on...

Its not "me and some others" its the majority. What ****es me off the most, is that ONE year old phone gets more attention than a whole platform that has been here for years. You are free to make a iPhone version, but you must also make a Symbian version.

Wow what an ass****. You dont get to demand anything, just because you have a S60 phone doesnt mean they should drop everything else they are doing just to make you happy, until you start contributing to the site by donating then maybe just maybe you might be able to REQUEST it for your phone.

Again, me and thousands of others; The Symbian platform is the most used

http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=10 reflects market share correctly and as such Nokia phones aren't a priority. Priorities are iPhone and Windows Mobile. Have you tired the site on your S60 phone?

Again I do not believe that site for the fact that the PS3 is used more than the Wii (hell even the Xbox 360 isnt on there which has been out for years)

I wasnt saying it looked wrong, I was simply stating that if a iPhone version is made, a Symbian version must be made as well...

If you have any idea what fonts those phones have, I could apply one that matches Tahoma/Verdana. That seems to be the reason some things are displaying out of whack. But for the most part it looks usable. Could use some slight tweaks, but would need to find a way to test it.

Timan thank you very very very much for understanding my conc:)n :)

InsaneNutter posted the fonts and I hope you can make a Symbian version soon. Thank you for understand:)g :)