[Official] Fable 2 General Discussion

Peter Molyneux is already working on another game which I'm far more interested in seeing than them porting it. It'll only slow development down.

Plus it will sell more 360's :)

Point proven :p

I'm all for more people playing Fable 2, but if they want it so bad they're going to have to fork out the money for a (relatively) cheap Xbox 360.

12hrs is perfect (Y)

Fable isn't your typical RPG where you need to devote your life to it for 50+ hrs.

That sounds just perfect for me as well. With Far Cry 2, Dead Space, NBA 09, Guitar Hero (World Tour), and this all coming out in relatively the same time, all while being in college puts me in the hurt box when I think about playing all of them. :(

Just looking at the review on teamxbox, not sure if that is the greatest resource however.

"Beautifully realized artistically, but crap framerates and muddiness drag it down"

I've read the inventory/menu is sluggish but nothing about frame rate issues :/

It's a minor downfall though when you see the scope of the landscape and draw distance, definitely not a reason to pass on the game imo.

I've read the inventory/menu is sluggish but nothing about frame rate issues :/

It's a minor downfall though when you see the scope of the landscape and draw distance, definitely not a reason to pass on the game imo.

Yes, if you try to justify not purchasing a game because of "supposed" frame rate drops when you consider the scope of the landscape/area, then we have a problem. :p

Nothings perfect but this is the first time I have heard about it.

Why 'Fable II' is the game of the year

I may be going out on a limb here considering Little Big Planet, Far Cry 2, and countless other titles will be hitting store shelves over the the next few months, but I don't care. After playing through the world of Fable II and considering the impression it made on me, I can say, without a doubt, that Fable II is 2008's game of the year.

Now, I know that Dan Ackerman told us all last week that Dead Space should top the list for this year's best game, but I have to disagree.

But then again, Fable II is an acquired taste. It's not the kind of game that will make the world rejoice, but it's the kind of game that any person who enjoys a fantastic storyline, even better gameplay, and a living, breathing world, will enjoy. In other words, the Wii gamer--someone who only enjoys playing Wii Sports or Wii Fit--will probably look at Fable II as a relic of the past that holds little merit. But for the rest of us--those that love gaming and enjoy varying styles of gameplay--Fable II will sit atop our lists as one of the best games we've ever played.

Trust me. It's that good.

I won't review everything about Fable II here (you'll have to wait for this Friday's Digital Home Video show for that), but the game's storyline is second to none. That said, it's extremely difficult to describe it without giving away too many details.

So, let me just say that you can play as a man or woman in Albion 500 years after the conclusion of the original Fable. Much like the first game, you're forced to make a series of tough decisions each step of the way as you progress through the game and every single choice you make will have a lasting impact on your notoriety, the way villagers think of you, and whether or not you'll be able to progress through the story. Some decisions are easy: do you want to help the villagers or kill them? Others are far more difficult: do you want to sacrifice someone for the good of your mission or help them and forgo the job you were sent to perform? For better or worse, the choice is yours.

But it's that choice that makes Fable II such a compelling title. Maybe you'll decide to get married and buy a house for your spouse. Some houses (usually those that are cheaper) won't appeal to your upper-class wife, so you'll need to go find a job to make enough money to buy the nicer home. Or maybe you just lost 100 Gold in a game and you're sick and tired of losing so you decide to kill the person running the game. When that happens, you get confronted by the Sheriff and his henchmen and maybe you decide to kill them instead of paying a fine to stay out of jail. Or maybe you decide to pay for your crime and perform some community service. It's all up to you.

Unlike the first Fable game, which suffered from a somewhat dull world, the new Albion is much bigger and far more entertaining. Regardless of where you are, what you've done, or who you've become, Albion is a living, breathing world that won't stop for you or anyone else. If you decide to be evil, villagers will react to you and run as soon as they see your ugly face. If you decide to be a good person that never does wrong, villagers will offer you gifts and become attracted to your dashing looks. And all the while, you can enjoy having praise heaped upon you, marry two women in 10 minutes and put them up in houses across the street from each other to make them fight, or spend some time working for the Bowerstone Market blacksmith. Every one of those decisions will change the way people look at you.

Continues at CNET..

I got my copy today...and yeah it's legit (think its not due for a day or 2 more is it?). Both JB HIFI and EB in town were selling it so yeah, may or may not play it tonight. I have my University thesis due in 2 days so I'm inclined to spend a bit more time proof reading that. May play it for an hr or so but.

Think Target or something broke street date in another state and as soon as that happens other storres take it upon themselves to follow suit. Has happened before here. Also read on Kotaku MS might be going after the stores in question.

Right, some games need to stay exclusive to sell a console :yes:

Just like KZ2, RFOM1 + 2 and LBP for the PS3.

Well I don't think a PC port 9 months later will hurt. It's the ones that go to Sony also that you'd start losing hardware sales. If PC gamers really wanted to play the games they'd get a 360 anyway rather than wait for the ports. Besides, MS needs to continue supporting games on the PC as it's one of the primary advantages they have over Apple and Linux.

Another potential stuff up regarding the special edition?

Rumor: Fable II CE Release Gets Bonus Last Minute Screw Up

According to one of our readers, today's shipment of Fable II Collector's Edition may wind up being less than it was cracked up to be, at least at some GameStop stores. After already being whittled down to near bare bones status, with special CE packaging and a limited Hobbe figurine having already been gutted, all that was left of the more limited SKU was the "Bonus DVD with a new 'Making-of' Feature" and exclusive in-game content.

That content, which requires Xbox Live, featured the following.

? "The Hall of the Dead" Dungeon

? "The Wreckager" Legendary Cutlass Weapon

? Spartan armour and energy sword

If what we heard is true, some of you may not even get that.

According to the report, GameStop corporate has already informed stores that "the majority of Fable II LEs have shipped without the DLC cards inside the case." Allegedly, that's due to two different manufacturing plants.

"Gamestop has told stores that cases WITH an orange '48 hours of live' sticker includes the content, whereas the copies of the game without said sticker do not have the card," the reader wrote. "I can vouch for the missing DLC because I have my copy in hand and it does not include it."

We've checked in with Microsoft PR to verify if this information is true or not, and, if so, how they plan on distributing the content to buyers of Fable II's Collector's Edition. Consider this rumour for now, but to be on the safe side, you might want to make sure your copy has one of those fancy orange stickers on it.

Kotaku

As with my previous post, I just picked mine up. Read this and panicked given I'm not even home yet so hadn't opened it. Had a look but and I've got my code in there. Mine had the sticker on the box here in AU.

Another potential stuff up regarding the special edition?

As with my previous post, I just picked mine up. Read this and panicked given I'm not even home yet so hadn't opened it. Had a look but and I've got my code in there. Mine had the sticker on the box here in AU.

Hopefully they'll just release the content for everyone or something.

With the limited edition costing as much as the standard theres really no reason not to release it for everyone now.

While I agree on the price front, I want at least something different when I am not able to get what I really wanted in the Limited Edition.

I just hope I do not receive a messed up LE without the codes.

While I agree on the price front, I want at least something different when I am not able to get what I really wanted in the Limited Edition.

I just hope I do not receive a messed up LE without the codes.

Same, I would like the DLC.

If you preordered it, you were supposed to get a code to download it for free WEEKS ago. All the pub games are in the actual game, so it's pointless getting it now.