[Official] Fallout 3 - DLC for 360/PC released!

wow, i ran all the way south, to the edge of the map, and found a mutated grizzly. Didnt get to fight him though, went to take a screenshot and hit the quickload key instead :( !!!! I found the best explosion point ever though. Its a look out at the far south point in the middle of the map. I launched a fatman missle into the middle and had about 15 cars explode at once with about 7 scavengers in the middle.

I heard the level cap is at 20 on this. I feel like im not that far into the store, and am already half way to the max. Hope the game keeps interesting without the little bonus of lvling and new perks.

Im also very pleased with how this game runs. The computer I use for gaming is ancient. built back in like 02. Athlon xp 2400, 2 gigs of 400mhz ddr1, and using a 7800gt agp nvidia card. This game looks great and is very very playable for the most part. I will dip to around 7 or 8 fps during really heavy fights , like when there is more than 20 people shooting each other, which is impressive. Even the huge explosion didnt lag anything up as bad as most games would cause. They did a great job on making this game run on older systems and still keeping it pretty.

post-51448-1225590893_thumb.jpg

Crap I didn't know there was a level cap!

Does anybody have any answers for my questions above?

i dont believe you can bind the weapons, but i havent really looked into it. I just run around with a pistol out and then when i see a group, decide what to use then.

On a side note, dont kill the doctors!!! I have become addicted to all the medicines in the game, and it told me to find a doctor to cure them. Too bad ive killed everyone basically I have met, and now cant cure my addictions. Ive been wandering all over the map trying to find a new doctor. Anyone know of a city or town that has one? lol.

ive killed everyone basically I have met

That's never a good idea in a Bethesda RPG, though in Oblivion they did force you to spare the essential NPC's.

ya, on this, anyone is fair game. i like it. I wanted to take the evilest path possible. Its very item rewarding, but now the game is extremely difficult when you cant find the people you need for certain things. Wish there was an option when talking to randoms for, where is the local doctor/store/whatever general needed place.

This game would translate much better into an MMO. I really hope that one is already in the works.

Yes but not by bethesda. Interplay owns the rights to the mmo as long as it is out by dec 31 2011 Im guess. Might be a different date in the year as that is all they have said. If its not out by then Bethesda gets the mmo rights. Though atm they are already underway on ES:5.

So when do i get to train for power armour, is it a side quest or just part of the main story line?

when you get to the brotherhood of steal catherdral alter in the game you can ask to get trained.

when you get to the brotherhood of steal catherdral alter in the game you can ask to get trained.

Well I got to the catherdral and they won't let me in. So I have to seek someone out on my own or will that happen during the main story? I don't need to know where it is if its a side quest, just need to know if I need to spend some extra time looking for it.

Guys can you do anything with the scrap metal? I swore somebody told me I could but I can't remember who.

Speak to the old black dude who hangs out at the Water Processing Plant - he'll tell you about water leaks etc. When that quest is added, just go around Megaton finding the three leaking pipes and fix them (just use the action button on them) then when you speak to him again he will start paying 10 caps per scrap metal - that's 20x as much as you'd get from traders etc

Well I got to the catherdral and they won't let me in. So I have to seek someone out on my own or will that happen during the main story? I don't need to know where it is if its a side quest, just need to know if I need to spend some extra time looking for it.

there is a part later in the main story where you have someone with you who can get you in.

Speak to the old black dude who hangs out at the Water Processing Plant - he'll tell you about water leaks etc. When that quest is added, just go around Megaton finding the three leaking pipes and fix them (just use the action button on them) then when you speak to him again he will start paying 10 caps per scrap metal - that's 20x as much as you'd get from traders etc

I knew it! Thanks

The game has crashed on me twice now. Is this happening to anyone else? I'm playing the Steam version of the game on PC.

I have had a couple of crashes but most of them seem to happen when I am loading a file initially. Only one crash in game so far.

ive had only 1 crash so far, after saving the people from from bigtown that were in german town. When i quick traveled back to bigtown, the screen went all black, but I could see my pip boy text. Kept happening unless when i quick traveled there, i had to duck and look at the ground instantly, and it fixed it lol.

Where is the brotherhood alter? I have soo many different locations on my map already, like 30. Just been running around aimlessly for a good couple of hours, finding locations for quick travel later.

Oh ya, finally got a doctor! only took about 5 hours of extra play, but rescured one from german town. Sucked though, because when i got her back to bigtown, i killed her with a mininuke protecting them from super mutants, so I had to load back to an earlier save and redue it all. For now, she is the only doctor left in my world, and I cant help but keep getting addicted to pyscho and medx lol.

Has anyone reach Tenpenny Tower and killed everyone in there yet? I have my own penthouse there, but have been thinking I could just wipe them all out and keep the tower for myself. If you have done it, how easy was the take over?

post-51448-1225644928_thumb.jpg

post-51448-1225644963_thumb.jpg

Edited by shakey

Had to format just now against my will. Some files got corrupt and there were no way of repairing them. Now I'm re-installing Fallout 3, and have to start from the very beginning again! :crazy:

Ah well, I wasn't that far.

I beat it already I have a horrible habit if flying through the main quest when I first play games like this because I get into the story.

Edited by ViperAFK

I beat it already ll I have a horrible habit if flying through the main quest when I first play games like this because I get into the story.

I normally do that, but this time around I made sure I told myself to do everything else first.

I don't think you've played the originals tbh.

+1

Those were the real gems.

I'm about to get this game, but I'm having second thoughts.

I enjoyed Morrowind, played it for 2 years. Got tired of it. Can't bear to look at it, as great as it was.

Oblivion was a bit of a letdown. Nowhere near Morrowind's unique charm. But the AI was better. Voice acting sucked, though. Maybe I've played Bethesda's games a bit too much.

I miss the old Fallout series. Still have them, though.

+1

Those were the real gems.

I'm about to get this game, but I'm having second thoughts.

I enjoyed Morrowind, played it for 2 years. Got tired of it. Can't bear to look at it, as great as it was.

Oblivion was a bit of a letdown. Nowhere near Morrowind's unique charm. But the AI was better. Voice acting sucked, though. Maybe I've played Bethesda's games a bit too much.

I miss the old Fallout series. Still have them, though.

I'm a fallout fanatic. I've been playing the 2nd one still until this finally came out. This was not a let down at all. Still hard, still fun, still original. The world is just amazingly huge, and your actions do affect a lot. I just found out theres a bounty for my head and now everyone is hunting for me. Making it very hard to find Rivet City. Maybe i'm just missng the easy path, but its taking forever, and a city full of super mutants makes holding onto ammo and meds impossible.

I need some help.

down my own stupidity I decided to speed things up by cheating. At first I only added extra caps to buy meds but after a while I boosted my skills up. I ended up having all skills on 100 even thought I was level 4. The problem is, when I level up it asks me to use up points but I have maxed out. So I'm stuck on the screen. My second option was to level up my char to 30 but again that backfired as the game doesnt like it when you cheat, it crashes alot. But it ran ok, but then I made another mistake. Decided to spawn all the top weapons. Problem is now my only savegame wont even load without crashing to desktop.

So heres my question, can anyone upload their savegame up to the point where you have to head over to Rivet city, after you fix the radio station signal?

I would really appreciate this, since the thought of doing it all again does no appeal to me.

I am aware that cheaters never prosper. So this time around there wont be any cheating from me. Ironic thing is, just as I really started to enjoy the game by not cheating, the previous cheats I did corrupted my savegame.