[Official] F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

Andy is correct, lots of freezing in the original FEAR too (not two :p) I was playing it myself and noticed it pause a few times. I was also quite shocked at how badly it plays compared to todays games, even with better hardware :/ Perseus Mandate played a lot better than framerate wise than FEAR

not getting any freezing on the 360, didn't get em with the FEAR Files either. nor do i recall them on the PC back in 2005.

and good post from colicab. although i already like the next FEAR, he's correct about the AI. it seems there's been very little done to it, in fact they seem to have knocked it down a notch.

Fear and both it's expansions always freeze during aurtosave on every machine I played them on. FEAR 2 demo does it as well.

Yup, it's just the way the games made. It's not a fault of the hardware you are playing on lol. So everyone experiences it (Y)

The only thing that might comfort you is the freeze is shorter on newer, faster hardware, but it'll still be there. Or if indeed you can turn off auto saving (Y)

not getting any freezing on the 360, didn't get em with the FEAR Files either. nor do i recall them on the PC back in 2005.

and good post from colicab. although i already like the next FEAR, he's correct about the AI. it seems there's been very little done to it, in fact they seem to have knocked it down a notch.

The freezing isn't very prevalent IMO unless your hardware is fairly dated. It doesn't freeze noticeably on my system (the original), and I've had it installed on it since I got it. Guess it just depends on the computer.

I don't have any freezing problems on either of my machines...

with the original I had few problems, with the first expansion I had plenty but I didn't realize my dvd drive was forcing itself to PIO mode and causing it

Either way I imagine it depends on what texture setting you're using, as problems like that usually do.

^ it's not typical "freezing", its just the game loading at checkpoints and saving progress. It's part of the game so everyone should get it lol. Maybe you've just never noticed it before.

i love it when people say "everyone". it doesn't include me, i'm not getting any freezing.

now this was a totally redundant post!

Seems to be a trend -- many of us don't get it ;)

The game pauses briefly as he walks through the door at 2 minutes in the video :) Happens every check point (Y)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9ONCzOfOc0.swf

Outsiders talking about the same thing...

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_m...pic_id=26301727

zomg, guess I just love "making stuff up" about games :rolleyes:

Edited by DrunknMunky

You are aware that no matter what game that will happen if you have a slower speed hard drive, correct? :rolleyes: Runs perfectly fine with no freezing for saves on my PC due to my HD RPM speed.

Edit:

First video I found where the user gives hardware specs. Very start of the video. Checkpoint. Don't see it freeze anywhere near as prevalently as the other video, and given that the specs listed are fairly old, I'd wager to say many newer PCs won't have any problems at all, as many of us have said. But, hey, we're all lying when we say we don't experience the same problems as the great Munky. :p

Edit #2: Compared to a laptop HD with 5200RPM, which really freezes (4:00 mark):

So, as I already told you, it depends on the computer.

Edited by Ayepecks

My video was of the X360, unified hardware so everyone experiences it because everyones HDD is the same speed (Y)

I also said on the last back that depending if you have faster hardware (i.e playing on a pc) the "freeze" will be much less!

The only thing that might comfort you is the freeze is shorter on newer, faster hardware, but it'll still be there. Or if indeed you can turn off auto saving (Y)

:)

you mean those stutters? it's about a frame or so, like a hiccup. we're talking about those instead of the stylish art direction and the nice addition of iron sights? this is a demo that has me looking forward to the release of the full product, so it's done its work well.

I never said it was a negative about the game Neo (infact that was Sethos), I was just explaining to him what the "freezes, stutters, pauses" were :p

The resident FEAR fanboys are the ones getting the hump here (Y) It's quite funny really :)

btw the video you posted..that's FEAR right? it does remind me just how much they improved the look for FEAR2. but one thing they got wrong is the lack of lean in the new game...unless i'm missing something?

and DM, i don't think people are getting a hard one over the comments, it's the fact we're talking about micro-second long frame losses instead of the game itself that's downright silly on the principle level.

People can post what they like as long as it's on topic. Sethos noticed the pauses and brought them up for discussion (Y) I understand where he is coming from, but I don't think its game breaking. I just wish it wasn't there.

And yes the video I posted is from the first game. I can't remember if lean is in the new game, it was pretty useless in the first and I never used it, so no complaints from me if its MIA.

The resident FEAR fanboys are the ones getting the hump here (Y) It's quite funny really :)

My bad, wasn't aware people weren't supposed to correct someone if they misspoke. neoadorable specific mentioned PCs, so I was responding and saying it depends on the PC.

BTW: "The use of 'fanboy' (or any similar derogatory term) when used against a specific member or group of members will be considered flame-bait and/or a personal attack."

The only thing that really affects the freezing (well, for the most part, not really "only" but you get the idea) is the hard drive speed. 7200RPM should show a very slight freeze, but nothing too major.

That's odd if it is major (as in freezes a couple of seconds or anything like that)... once I go back home I'll install the demo on my desktop, but my laptop has a 7200RPM HD and I didn't notice much of a freeze.

They aren't several second, they last about a second but it happens SO frequently, like every 25-30 second, which seems to fit with the auto-save cycle. It's so poor they can't even have a smooth transition auto-save like most other games, though it does seem very hit'n'miss. Yes they may not be bad for some but it annoys me, I don't want my game freezing up, ruins the atmosphere completely which is basically the bread and butter of this game.

As I said earlier, you better be able to turn it off in the retail version else I'm skipping the game.