Identifying Yourself As A Lesbian Gets You Banned On XBOX Live

Isn't it like saying a restaurant can refuse to serve food to a black person just because some of the people at that restaurant feel disrupted by that guy because of the color of his skin !!! According to the above logic the restaurant has the right to do so, its his service and they have the right to ban anyone from using it !! But the thing is he can't refuse to serve him just because he is black, just because they can't refuse to let her play just because she is a lesbian ....

Isn't it like saying a restaurant can refuse to serve food to a black person just because some of the people at that restaurant feel disrupted by that guy because of the color of his skin !!! According to the above logic the restaurant has the right to do so, its his service and they have the right to ban anyone from using it !! But the thing is he can't refuse to serve him just because he is black, just because they can't refuse to let her play just because she is a lesbian ....

A black male is not walking around screaming that he is black and how awesome it is.. Its not something he can hide and do anything about..

However a lesbian shouting this in a gamer profile, where its so off topic that she might as well keep it quiet, is a completely different thing.

It's not racism.. Discrimination i guess lol.. I dont know..

Dead.cell.... god loves the homosexuals?

1. There is no god.

2. 'God' hates homosexuals, which is why the priests also hate them.

I like the old days, where homosexuals were keeping it quiet like it should be. No offense, but thats just how i look at the whole thing.

do {

if (God <3 everyone || homosexuals == homosapien) {

God <3 homosexuals;

} while(God == "y");

}

That will apply if the guy was thrown out because he was shouting "I am black" etc. and thus disrupting other people in the restaurant. ;)

A black male is not walking around screaming that he is black and how awesome it is.. Its not something he can hide and do anything about..

However a lesbian shouting this in a gamer profile, where its so off topic that she might as well keep it quiet, is a completely different thing.

It's not racism.. Discrimination i guess lol.. I dont know..

A shouting gamer profile. Wow.

Nice avatar, by the way.

I have to sort of agree here. I think Gay/Lesbian people have the same rights to get married and what not as heterosexual people. However, there is no need for a gay pride parade. Now a march for equal rights? Go right ahead. But heterosexual people dont have heterosexual parades, so maybe if they wanted to be treated as equals then they shouldnt have the parades for starters

Why do we have Black heritage parades and Black history month?

It would be the responsibility of the restauraunt's managers or owner to show that they did not discriminate based on the person's skin color, but the burden of proof (if the customer filed an anti-discrimination suit) would be upon the accuser (in this case, the customer, and if the case was taken-up by the local government) to show that the actions of the Restauraunt's Managers or Owner refused service based upon race or color.

Now, here's the rub: The customer did not sign a contract or Terms of Service with the Restauraunt, guaranteeing service based upon that contract - however, entering the Restauraunt could constitute a benign but not implicit agreement or contract between the restauraunt and the customer. That is why, when a customer is unrulely or disruptive in a Restauraunt, the Restauraunt's staff can ask them to leave, or why an Usher at a Theater can ask a paid customer to leave the theater if the customer is being disruptive;. that's called "Disturbing The Peace", and I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that you're breaking the law when you do that ;)

--ScottKin

This is a Gaming Service for...gamers, not a dating service where you can hook up with other people, the option to list your Sexuality should not be allowed as it is not of importance to the service that is being provided.

Microsoft have stated their stance on the subject and I agree with them, through I agree on a suspension of service and a message stating to remove the content in question, I do not agree on a full-out ban because of a 1 time offense, it should only happen if you continue to put the content back.

On a parting note, I am gay myself, and for 25years (I'm 31 now) I never had an issue with someone insulting me or anything other until the day when someone actually came up to me and asked whether I was gay or bi, and I said "Yes", after that day I started to receive the insults, even though I kept to myself.

That's not the point.

Look at it this way: why would anyone need to divulge this information in a game? What's the point of telling anyone their sexuality, race, etc.?

She put that in her profile page right !! I'm not on Xbox so I don't claim to know how this works but I assume that anyone checking her profile would be looking for information about her, he would be looking for that kind of information basically I think ... Either way I get the point and I must say that some things get blown out of proportion , I mean some people just use stuff like that to stir trouble and sue this company or that ... Either way I think its hard on LGBT in Generals to feel accepted, that's why they are so sensitive and I think we should be sensitive towards them too

Simple, keep any gay/straight/black/white/hispanic/any race/sexual preference to my space or fb or twitter.

Xbl is a gaming service to play video games with others, not a place of hooking up, nor a place to scream where gay and where here to stay. We do not care what your sexual orientation is, all we care is your gaming skills.

I see it like this, wether your gay or not; so long as you keep to yourself, I will respect you. If you're parading your sexual orientation, then you deserve the beef.

IsaacD, Best thing to do in this situation is plea the 5th, or don't ask do not tell. Except only to close friends.

IsaacD, Best thing to do in this situation is plea the 5th, or don't ask do not tell. Except only to close friends.

"Don't ask do not tell" is a line I wish more people would follow better, but I guess that's just how people are.

Because we enslaved them for years and denied them basic rights for even longer. The Gay/Lesbian community weren't denied the rights to eat at the same place as everyone else, use the same bathrooms, vote, etc etc. As I stated before, I have no problem with them having a march to try and gain the same right to get married like everyone else. However, Having a parade just to show you're sexual preference?

I'm not flaming you but it is Microsoft's right to pretty much ban any member on Xbox Live if they seem/are disrupting players. As I've mentioned earlier, I don't see a problem with it. It's Microsoft's service and they do have the right to ban whoever.

What if someone put in their profile that they were black, and this ended up offending white red neck KKK members. In response to this offense, Microsoft bans the black person. What would you think about that if that happened? I mean, it is Microsoft's service. They do have the right to ban whoever.

That's not the point.

Look at it this way: why would anyone need to divulge this information in a game? What's the point of telling anyone their sexuality, race, etc.?

Well, for one, MS advertises the service as a community centered service where people can meet other people. There is a whole 'social' aspect to it, so I'm sure sexuality comes up. People end up hooking up after meeting in WoW for instance...although, you would get in trouble by having a strictly gay/lesbian guild (as has been tried in the past) or even announcing your sexual preferences (or desires) in a public chat channel.

Because we enslaved them for years and denied them basic rights for even longer. The Gay/Lesbian community weren't denied the rights to eat at the same place as everyone else, use the same bathrooms, vote, etc etc. As I stated before, I have no problem with them having a march to try and gain the same right to get married like everyone else. However, Having a parade just to show you're sexual preference?

Because being allowed to visit the person you spend your life with in the hospital is not a basic right? Not getting a job you are great at just because you are gay sounds fair? Paying taxes separately or not getting work benefits just because you are gay. It's not the same as being slaved, but we are still behind and things have to change. I believe the main purpose of parades are to show pride, being a gay parade, black parade or any of these.

That's not the point.

What's the point of having a profile if you can't state things about yourself? Surely many people out there like to tell people their sexual orientation. Why is that offensive? If you put that you were a Christian in your profile and I deemed it offensive I guarantee you wouldn't get banned.

Because being allowed to visit the person you spend your life with in the hospital is not a basic right? Not getting a job you are great at just because you are gay sounds fair? Paying taxes separately or not getting work benefits just because you are gay. It's not the same as being slaved, but we are still behind and things have to change. I believe the main purpose of parades are to show pride, being a gay parade, black parade or any of these.

Well said. Was about to state the same thing.

I think Microsoft's problem is that their service is used widely by a bunch of immature idiots. Not suggesting that everyone on there is stupid, but that many people are. These facts exist with just about every game as well as the real world. Someone made a comment in the news section of this site that stated it pretty clearly: the masses are asses.

Give someone the freedom to mask their identity, and their true self comes out. There's a comic that states this pretty well, but I'm not the type to carry images useful when arguing a topic.

A good question!

I hope that I can provide an equally good answer!

African-American's, over the last 2 centuries have suffered Slavery, Ethnic Persecution & Discrimination. Only in the last half of the previous century did they receive the Civil Rights they rightfully deserved, since the Discrimination & Persecution they suffered was based purely on the color of their skin. They did not choose to be of African descent, they did not choose to be Slaves and they did not choose to be in the circumstances they were placed in. Black Heritage parades and Black History Month are there to celebrate their history, their struggles and trials and their rise above racism. You don't have African-Americans in Black Heritage parades dressed like pimps, hookers, junkies, or wearing Aunt Jemmimah costumes or wearing Slave Chains or being in "Black-Face" makeup; however, when there are Gay Pride marches & parades you see nearly every single act or facet of Homosexuality openly displayed and celebrated out in the public - and I'm not talking about "holding hands" here.

The main difference between both kinds of celebrations or events (which is plain to see when comparing both kinds of "celebrations") is pretty simple:

African-American celebrations - such as Black History month - are meant to really celebrate their history, their struggles and their aformentioned rise above adversity. They don't have parades or events that are intended to generate hosility towards non-African-Americans, they don't parade in any of the aformentioned costumes or resort to any of the aformentioned disgraces.

GLBT celebrations, such as Gay Pride marches, are intentionally designed to be an "In-Your-Face" assault against non-GLBT people and are really nothing more than hate-generators staged by the organizers & supporters to generate actions against themselves to try to further their own cause and to create an "Air of Persecution" to further their own agenda. If Gay Pride marches were held in a way that would give them an "Air of Respectability", their cause would get tons of more support - instead, they choose to and make it a point to be offensive to non-GLBT bystanders in order to intentionally cause rage and anger so they can bolster their "persecution factor" in the view of The Press and the general public. Having them wearing work-clothes, suits, work uniforms or any of the other types of clothing that one would wear in connection with their livelyhood or employment as in any other parade would not cause the outcry from the general public as would practically-naked or physically & overtly-sexual & suggestive costumes (in following Neowin's TOS, I will not describe them here, but you're more than welcome to Google "San Francisco Gay Pride" to understand why).

To sum it all up, The Civil Rights activists such as Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King, Jesse Jackson generated the desire for African-Americans to be inclusive and included in society, whereas The GLBT activists want to do nothing more than force the non-GLBT population to accept them. I do hope for a day when every same-sex partnership receives the same legal protections and rights as opposite-sex relationships - but the "Flamers" are doing the GLBT community a massive disservice every time the Gay Pride marches convene.

How'd I do?

--ScottKin

In the true spirit of discussion and discourse, I'd like you to show me where the following has happened over the last 10 years:

1) Evidence (not an anecdotal story) where someone was barred from visiting their partner in the hospital because they were either Gay or a Lesbian.

2) Evidence (not an anecdotal story) where someone was prevented from being hired because they were either Gay or a Lesbian.

3) Evidence (not an anecdotal story) where someone was barred from receiving work benefits because they were either Gay or a Lesbian.

As always, I'm willing to engage in honest discourse & discussion.

--ScottKin

A good question!

I hope that I can provide an equally good answer!

African-American's, over the last 2 centuries have suffered Slavery, Ethnic Persecution & Discrimination. Only in the last half of the previous century did they receive the Civil Rights they rightfully deserved, since the Discrimination & Persecution they suffered was based purely on the color of their skin. They did not choose to be of African descent, they did not choose to be Slaves and they did not choose to be in the circumstances they were placed in. Black Heritage parades and Black History Month are there to celebrate their history, their struggles and trials and their rise above racism. You don't have African-Americans in Black Heritage parades dressed like pimps, hookers, junkies, or wearing Aunt Jemmimah costumes or wearing Slave Chains or being in "Black-Face" makeup; however, when there are Gay Pride marches & parades you see nearly every single act or facet of Homosexuality openly displayed and celebrated out in the public - and I'm not talking about "holding hands" here.

The main difference between both kinds of celebrations or events (which is plain to see when comparing both kinds of "celebrations") is pretty simple:

African-American celebrations - such as Black History month - are meant to really celebrate their history, their struggles and their aformentioned rise above adversity. They don't have parades or events that are intended to generate hosility towards non-African-Americans, they don't parade in any of the aformentioned costumes or resort to any of the aformentioned disgraces.

GLBT celebrations, such as Gay Pride marches, are intentionally designed to be an "In-Your-Face" assault against non-GLBT people and are really nothing more than hate-generators staged by the organizers & supporters to generate actions against themselves to try to further their own cause and to create an "Air of Persecution" to further their own agenda. If Gay Pride marches were held in a way that would give them an "Air of Respectability", their cause would get tons of more support - instead, they choose to and make it a point to be offensive to non-GLBT bystanders in order to intentionally cause rage and anger so they can bolster their "persecution factor" in the view of The Press and the general public. Having them wearing work-clothes, suits, work uniforms or any of the other types of clothing that one would wear in connection with their livelyhood or employment as in any other parade would not cause the outcry from the general public as would practically-naked or physically & overtly-sexual & suggestive costumes (in following Neowin's TOS, I will not describe them here, but you're more than welcome to Google "San Francisco Gay Pride" to understand why).

To sum it all up, The Civil Rights activists such as Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King, Jesse Jackson generated the desire for African-Americans to be inclusive and included in society, whereas The GLBT activists want to do nothing more than force the non-GLBT population to accept them. I do hope for a day when every same-sex partnership receives the same legal protections and rights as opposite-sex relationships - but the "Flamers" are doing the GLBT community a massive disservice every time the Gay Pride marches convene.

How'd I do?

--ScottKin

I do agree that the way they run their parades are not the best, but if you think all gay people are like the ones you see in the parade pictures... you are very wrong.

columbuspride2008.jpg