Windows 7 Build 7057 x86

Because technet subscribers are already past this build by SEVERAL compiles... .....

TechNet subscribers have received ONLY the public beta build 7000, unfortunately.

Because technet subscribers are already past this build by SEVERAL compiles... You guys are so funny, you see the EULA and winver say RC and you just automatically say that this is the rc version, it must be..

Ive been around for many betas and was apart of the windows 98 beta. Every time i see the same thing, except now there are 1000's more noobs.

Well that's utter tosh, as I'm a Technet Plus subscriber, and the only available build is 7000 ATM. :)

Because my Windows has no such option?

Check out my image!

um, make sure your running as Admin?

ill be installing the same build in a hour or two so ill see if i can find it

for now try this:

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\Hardware and Sound

Because my Windows has no such option?

Check out my image!

lolugt.jpg

You need to access your hard drive through the device manager, not through "Computer" and then the disk Properties. Only then will the Policies tab show up.

You need to access your hard drive through the device manager, not through "Computer" and then Properties. Only then will the Policies tab show up.

More I did so and also did not appear the option .... look at the image

affew.jpg

So i assume no one has problem with the torrent speeds on Windows 7 as compared to Windows Vista?

No issues here. If you aren't uploading a decent amount you'll get crap download speeds.

affew.jpg

Odd. Usually it is on by default anyway...

My god. IE8 still can't remember favicons. How difficult that must be to fix. :rolleyes:

Of course it isn't difficult to fix but Windows 7 is still in development. They don't fix the easiest bugs first, they fix the most important ones.

No issues here. If you aren't uploading a decent amount you'll get crap download speeds.

Its weird because all my settings are the same as when I was on Vista and i was getting great speed before...

Its weird because all my settings are the same as when I was on Vista and i was getting great speed before...

Make sure you have Bandwidth Allocation set to High. Not sure if you are using a program that does that.

Make sure you have Bandwidth Allocation set to High. Not sure if you are using a program that does that.

Nope, not using any program to do any network modification. Where can i find that option ?

I did a custom (clean) install on one my computers using 7057 x86 yesterday. That went very well.

However, doing the upgrade on a different computer (laptop) using 7057 x86 boot DVD, I can't do an upgrade from 7048 x86. It tells me I need Vista with SP1 to upgrade. The same thing happens if I start setup.exe from the hard drive. Apparently they are now doing a version check during installation. Just some FYI.

I did a custom (clean) install on one my computers using 7057 x86 yesterday. That went very well.

However, doing the upgrade on a different computer (laptop) using 7057 x86 boot DVD, I can't do an upgrade from 7048 x86. It tells me I need Vista with SP1 to upgrade. The same thing happens if I start setup.exe from the hard drive. Apparently they are now doing a version check during installation. Just some FYI.

That's weird, I upgraded from 7048x86 to 7057x86 just fine.

Another question, is it good that I allow Windows 7 to install my motherboard's driver for me? Or should i download myself and install?

Apparently most of my drivers, Windows 7 downloaded it off the internet and installed it for me...

Another question, is it good that I allow Windows 7 to install my motherboard's driver for me? Or should i download myself and install?

Apparently most of my drivers, Windows 7 downloaded it off the internet and installed it for me...

For me all the autoinstalls were fine, except for my graphics card

That's weird, I upgraded from 7048x86 to 7057x86 just fine.

It is weird. I went ahead and did a clean install instead. I prefer that anyway. Everything worked and it runs like a champ. It found all the drivers automatically, downloaded Ricoh driver updates right after install. Man, this is so sweet!

For me all the autoinstalls were fine, except for my graphics card

So i guess there is no need to actually go to my motherboard's official site and download the drivers eh?

Where did Windows 7 go and get the drivers from anyway?

From their own database or ?

So i guess there is no need to actually go to my motherboard's official site and download the drivers eh?

Where did Windows 7 go and get the drivers from anyway?

From their own database or ?

Mainly Windows Update, however Windows 7 does have a very extensive driver database.

... weird, the UI feels a bit incomplete.. maybe the taskbar should get a drop shadow? Kind of like in the picture...

I'd rather not have any shadows for the taskbar. The taskbar in this state looks great as is.

Besides, they removed the shadow from the Start Menu for Windows 7.

Try installing your motherboard's chipset drivers, then see if the Policies tab appears.