Windows 7 Build 7057 x86

omnicoder, you still don't get it. Microsoft develops windows with teams, each team is assigned a task to complete. Fixing bugs and preparing for an RC is top priority, updating the eula every single bug fix to indicate that "THIS IS PRE RC1 build 1 " " " " build 2 ETC they dont care about that. The eula is updated for rc1 when they are compiling the pre-rc1 builds, it doesn't change from however many builds it takes from this stage to reach final rc1.

No it wouldn't have.. Those are internal builds, they dont have to say anything, they are not for PUBLIC.

I think its funny when people show up and talk about beta builds like they have been around for ever and know what is going on.

I've watched the internet change from only a select few getting the beta copys and having at most 20 post threads about it to now everyone gaining access because of bittorent, now all of a sudden you guys are experts?

I don't claim to be an expert but when you go around shouting "ITS RC1 BECAUSE THE EULA SAYS SO!" you are being ignorant.

It's like you guys are clueless, "Then it would have said 'Pre release' . " For all we know this build is 8 compiles old and was only relevant to test for 2 specific bugs towards rc1 and then they moved on.. The point is, you dont know.

I remember people shouting RC for this build too, but that wasn't the case.

5536 version of : 6.0.5536.16385 (vista_rc1.060821-1900)

Why would they care about making the EULA match a "pre release"? They are more concerned in preparing it for RC, so they update it for RC even before it is signed off. They don't compile these builds for the intention of the public getting their hands on it. I still think this build is at least few builds behind what we will see in a couple weeks.

Question for you guys, how do you know this? You scream at us that we are worng, well, how do you know your right? you could be worng to.. none of us knows for sure

Question for you guys, how do you know this? You scream at us that we are worng, well, how do you know your right? you could be worng to.. none of us knows for sure

I don't said you're wrong. I just asked why were you so sure.

Sorry if this has been asked before but I really need to know:

Is build 7000 upgradable to this latest one (or any other newer build) with no issues?, Or do I have to install it from scratch??

Thanks

Is build 7000 upgradable to this latest one (or any other newer build) with no issues?, Or do I have to install it from scratch??

Thanks

Like I said on this very page above, it works fine no problems at all for my netbook..

omnicoder I don't mean to be rude or anything, but almost all the "new" things you're showing are from build 7048. Also I highly doubt this is the RC build.

Ok let me clarify. I already knew paint had a ribbon. I was commenting on it have the Office 14 style ribbon now. And, if you'll notice, on many of these I have been asking if these were new or from 7048, not saying its new.

Thanks

All the builds that have leaked are BETA builds. Various problems will be encountered as often the case. You will not be assured a perfect upgrade with no issues even with RTM release.

That said, I would recommend a clean install every time with beta bits. Make sure you backup the data you want to keep!!

All the builds that have leaked are BETA builds. Various problems will be encountered as often the case. You will not be assured a perfect upgrade with no issues even with RTM release.

That said, I would recommend a clean install every time with beta bits. Make sure you backup the data you want to keep!!

no major problems upgrading from 7000 to 7056... except the pinned start menu icons need to be deleted and re-pinned else you get (2) next to them. takes too long for me to install all my programs and set it up the way i like it. i guess i will keep upgrading until i do have any major problems, then do a fresh install then. just make sure you have about 9GB of free space else it won't work.

omnicoder, you still don't get it. Microsoft develops windows with teams, each team is assigned a task to complete. Fixing bugs and preparing for an RC is top priority, updating the eula every single bug fix to indicate that "THIS IS PRE RC1 build 1 " " " " build 2 ETC they dont care about that. The eula is updated for rc1 when they are compiling the pre-rc1 builds, it doesn't change from however many builds it takes from this stage to reach final rc1.

On the agreement I had to check it said RC. I saw nothing that said Pre RC. It also expires on 03/01/2010.

x.png

Although I respect your opinion Gary7, I would tend to agree with Micro. It really doesn't matter what the Eula says, it's a beta! RC is close so be thankful for what we have.

That's just it though, the Microsoft team isn't going to waste their time changing the EULA and the about information to say pre-RC for the few recompiles before releasing the RC. Once they hit the RC branch, they'll change everything to say RC and then they'll recompile as many times as needed to release as stable a build as possible. These builds are not intended to reach the public, so they don't feel the need to clarify that this is "pre-RC" and not the ACTUAL RC, because I'm guessing they know which build is the real RC and which are just leading up to it. :)

Although I respect your opinion Gary7, I would tend to agree with Micro. It really doesn't matter what the Eula says, it's a beta! RC is close so be thankful for what we have.

It's not even a beta and this is what a lot of people do not understand.

There has only ever been one beta of Windows 7 and that is build 7000.

All of the other builds, after 7000, have been internal development builds which have been leaked. Microsoft have not and will not release another beta. The next public release will be the release candidate as you all know and it is highly unlikely it will be build 7057, especially judging by that 'Notepad' bug. Yes, they could just fix that bug and use this build, but I am still more than sure it will go through some more tweaking before the release candidate build is compiled and signed off.

Microsoft do change things such as EULAs during the development of Windows and they will change the EULA from "beta" to "release candidate" even in builds which are not going to be the public release candidate builds. They are currently developing the pre-release candidate builds internally, so it makes sense to update the EULA to how it would appear in the public release candidate build.

It's not even a beta and this is what a lot of people do not understand.

There has only ever been one beta of Windows 7 and that is build 7000.

You're right, there has only been one "public" beta and that was 7000. Everything after it has been a "private" beta. Until it's released for RTM it's beta code however you want to call it.

Anyway, I am excited with this 7057 build. It is working great so far on my Dell Mini 910 netbook. A lot of bugs have been addressed. :)

Could anyone be so kind to upload the new user account pictures? I believe they're in a hidden folder: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\Default Pictures Thanks! :D

You're right, there has only been one "public" beta and that was 7000. Everything after it has been a "private" beta. Until it's released for RTM it's beta code however you want to call it.

Ahh, I think you might be right there - I jumped the gun a bit :D

Do they host private betas with Connect participants, rather than just testing these development builds internally (like I thought)?

Hi there, I'm new and am just wondering if there would be any difficulties in installing 7 Beta on a new partition, and dual-booting with an existing XP build? And then, once the Beta expires, being able to remove 7 and the partition without doing any damage to XP. Thanks in advance. :)