Windows 7 Build 7057 x86

This build is quite nice... even for it being in a VM Session. Right now listening to the default music in it... slight crackling, but overall.. NICE.

I'm betting this will be quite nice once they are finished with it. The new sounds are nice, and it's pretty smooth overall.

Hi there, I'm new and am just wondering if there would be any difficulties in installing 7 Beta on a new partition, and dual-booting with an existing XP build? And then, once the Beta expires, being able to remove 7 and the partition without doing any damage to XP. Thanks in advance. :)

Yes you can do that with an Appy called Vista Boot Pro. It is easy.

Ahh, I think you might be right there - I jumped the gun a bit :D

Do they host private betas with Connect participants, rather than just testing these development builds internally (like I thought)?

Sorry for the slow response, I had to run an errand. I'm a TechNet subscriber and Connect tester. No, we haven't seen any new bits since 7000 officially. Of course internal, TAP, ISV, invited private testers, etc, get new builds virtually every day.

I just tried to install this but im getting an error code before it even boots the dvd.

Cannot read from cd -code 5 (or someting like that)

What does this mean and what should i do?

Of course internal, TAP, ISV, invited private testers, etc, get new builds virtually every day.

Ahh, that is something I overlooked. Thank you for telling me and sorry for my misinformation :)

This build is great...my CRM app at work finally displays at 96DPI instead of 120DPI. Was the only thing giving me the ****s about Windows 7 :)

Very impressed

I bet 7060 will be official RC.

Internal folks are already at a higher build than that. They are probably at 7062 today.

Since we're guessing on the RC build number, I say it will be 7077. However, I heard that the build on Mar.10th was locked down in escrow for RC, that would be 7060. So, you may be right. ;)

Do you mean when you change the placement of items on the superbar?

When they're added or removed. It's easier to see with labels as it has more room.

It use to slide from || to | | extending right. Now just fades. More subtle, I like it.

I was previously on Windows Vista Home Premium. And this is my first time using Windows 7.

So everything works well except I feel that something is blocking or hindering my torrent speed. Anyone else experience this? I usually get about 700 KB/s to 1Mb/s on my vista. But after switching to Windows 7. There seem to be a huge drop on speed..

Anyone else notice this?

Hello .. my problem is that the following ...

I installed this new build 7057

only I'm not able to give the note to my computer ...

This error appears when I try to give the note to the computer

capturewdw.jpg

How solve this problem?

capturewdw.jpg

How solve this problem?

what do you mean by the note?

How solve this problem?

To solve this:

- Open Start. Type "devmgmt.msc" (without quotes) and hit Enter.

- Expand "Disk drives," and double click on the hard drive Windows 7 is installed on.

- Click the Policies tab. Make sure "Enable write caching on the device" is checked, then click OK.

- Try the Windows Experience Index check again.

indows can not evaluate the note to my computer ...

capture1u.jpg

ok go to "computer" right click on the hard drive, click on properties.

click on the hardware tab

then you should see your hard drive(s) in there, click on it and go properties

click on Change settings (bottom left)

click on the Policies and make sure that "Enable write caching on the device"

and that "turn off windows...." is NOT turned ticked

Question for you guys, how do you know this? You scream at us that we are worng, well, how do you know your right? you could be worng to.. none of us knows for sure

Because technet subscribers are already past this build by SEVERAL compiles... You guys are so funny, you see the EULA and winver say RC and you just automatically say that this is the rc version, it must be..

Ive been around for many betas and was apart of the windows 98 beta. Every time i see the same thing, except now there are 1000's more noobs.

Hey i also have a problem with my Windows Rating. It says i should enable write caching but when i go to my hardrive settings there is no option, there is no policies tab..

Edited by yojamesle