• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Windows 7 Build 7077 Due Today/Tonight

Lord Zog    7
Lord Zog, are you still receiving from the seeder?

I am still connected to 2 (5).. There are seeds.. The main is gone tho.. At 95.1 and going a whopping 35K now. :(

raj1402    0

but why does the build size reduce by atleast 200MB

(does this mean few features removed_)!!! :huh:

Avian    0
Ask Avian. He seemed quite confident I was wrong about it being dead.

Just because you don't understand how it works doesn't mean it's dead.

People who jumped on the torrent late, such as myself are now a few layers of peer connections back from the seeders and those leechers that are grabbing from the seeders. Once all the seeders connections are maxed out, the next group of peers grabs from that group of peers who are directly connected to the seeds.. and then the next group of peers connects to those peers and so on. For a brand new torrent it is extremely rare for someone who connected late to get connected to a seed or even get connected to those peers who have a higher percentage than the group you connected to.

It'll trickle down, you just have to wait, as evidenced by those who have higher %'s in this thread who are still leeching.

Ames    2
Looks like the Russians wanted to keep the build private to themselves and someone didn't think that was very fair and released it out, so they stopped seeding. Very immature. Don't waste your bandwidth people.

Not really what happened.

The individual who leaked the build has a slow internet connection. They decided to distribute the build via torrent to a select number of individuals who could then redistribute the build as they saw fit.

Unfortunately the torrent got leaked and soon the leakers internet connection was getting hammered so she pulled it.

Avian    0
Not really what happened.

The individual who leaked the build has a slow internet connection. They decided to distribute the build via torrent to a select number of individuals who could then redistribute the build as they saw fit.

Unfortunately the torrent got leaked and soon the leakers internet connection was getting hammered so she pulled it.

Which doesn't make sense because she could have limited herself to one peer connection, or changed her upload speed.

Chris123NT    361
Just because you don't understand how it works doesn't mean it's dead.

People who jumped on the torrent late, such as myself are now a few layers of peer connections back from the seeders and those leechers that are grabbing from the seeders. Once all the seeders connections are maxed out, the next group of peers grabs from that group of peers who are directly connected to the seeds.. and then the next group of peers connects to those peers and so on. For a brand new torrent it is extremely rare for someone who connected late to get connected to a seed or even get connected to those peers who have a higher percentage than the group you connected to.

It'll trickle down, you just have to wait, as evidenced by those who have higher %'s in this thread who are still leeching.

I've been dead at 89.5% for about an hour now, so I strongly believe this torrent has been abandoned.

+Elliot B.    1,580
but why does the build size reduce by atleast 200MB

(does this mean few features removed_)!!! :huh:

The removal of debug code etc. I can imagine.

terroradagio    0

Right, therefore screwing over everyone else. Some of those people she shared with did get finished copies. She told them to stop to. Immature.

There are at least 8 seeders who have it who are only sharing to certain people connected.

Chester0    15

edit

my bad :D

nomis_nehc    0
I've been dead at 89.5% for about an hour now, so I strongly believe this torrent has been abandoned.

Uhh... abandoned because nothing has happened in the last hour? You, sir, does not understand how these things work. Perhaps you're not connected to any seed(s)... or the seeds are down, etc.

Additionally, this just popped up. It's not even a day old. Chillax.

DrCheese    103
Right, therefore screwing over everyone else. Some of those people she shared with did get finished copies. She told them to stop to. Immature.

post-34378-1239141675.jpg

What did she expect? For it not to leak at all out once those people had got it? Sigh.

DrunkenBeard    74
... the torrent got leaked ...

You mean the leaked build's torrent got leaked ? I love the Internet \o/

Lord Zog    7

1 seed left but still moving.. SLOWLY tho.. At 95.2 and most are now at 89.8.. Still moving tho.. Just VERY slowly.. ETA is now 1h 26m and 32s. :( Maybe after dinner now. :(

Ambroos    801
1 seed left but still moving.. SLOWLY tho.. At 95.2 and most are now at 89.8.. Still moving tho.. Just VERY slowly.. ETA is now 1h 26m and 32s. :( Maybe after dinner now. :(

Please, once you're at 100% keep on seeding for at least half an hour (till there's more seeds) before stopping it!

ViZioN    14

*roams in*

What's all the fuss about? :D I was thinking about downloading one of these betas but I guess I should just wait now! Given that this build is supposedly an RC Escrow build, when is the likely time we'll see an RTM?

*roams out*

terroradagio    0
post-34378-1239141675.jpg

What did she expect? For it not to leak at all out once those people had got it? Sigh.

Right, I don't know. It is silly. I guess she wanted a private leak, followed by a public one. Just cause it doesn't work out doesn't mean you screw over other people. There is a CHANCE it'll go back to normal, but probably not for a long while.

Chris123NT    361

If it finishes keep seeding. I will seed once it finishes here (if it does). I will be cranking out at 20mbit so it will give things a nice boost.

fix-this!    76
Please, once you're at 100% keep on seeding for at least half an hour (till there's more seeds) before stopping it!

jesus you guys are like vultures with 7. i can already see you guys are going to make bill gates a very "richer" man.

winlonghorn    103
Got to pass the time. MS are being slow.

Slow?? You have got to be kidding me! LOL. It may be hard to be patient waiting for a new build, but this is incredibly fast compared to past Windows Development time. :)

UncleSpellbinder    17

Once the 64-bit leaks, I'll seed all night. If a 64-bit ever leaks, that is. With the official RC so close, it just may be worth it to wait.

Lord Zog    7

Seems that way. Seeds: 0 (5). :( Its now dead for me too at 95.2.. Dunno how she leaked the other 2 builds iif she can't do this one right.. :( Ahwell.. Will leave it on so others can catch up for when she does come back, but for now, its dead..

BestBeatingHeart    0

Been downloading for an hour and forty minutes... 18% done so far. Currently downloading at 130kbps, but it's been down to 20-30 at times. Says it should be done in about 6 hours. That is, if it doesn't freeze up at 90 or so like you guys are saying.

ETA: I'm showing 0 (8) Seeds with 33 (1929) Peers. Upping at around 90-100KBPS

ToneKnee    308

I believe it was supposed to be a "soft" leak by leaking it to a small group of people, then with that small group of people, use a public tracker, but since everyone is raping the torrent, they've decided to stop sharing, but as someone else has said, there is still 1 person left and a bunch of people nearly done.

Lord Zog    7

Dunno why stop at 95% tho! Just a tease....

UncleSpellbinder    17
jesus you guys are like vultures with 7. i can already see you guys are going to make bill gates a very "richer" man.

Some of us are just beta freaks and want to test anything we can get our hands on. Nothing "vulture" like about that at all.