WWDC '09

Wow those prices are ridiculous!

Was planning on waiting for it to be unlocked and using it on my three contract but even the PAYG prices are just....wow...no!

is there a video of the event lol

I was reading a live blog of everything that was happening but it never beats actually watching it

oh and think the Iphone 3gs is stupid, you could get video recording through jailbreaking and editing and voice commands, im sure some developer will create something that is similar to them

its a waste of money IMO

Edited by Richardarkless

Wow those prices are ridiculous!

Was planning on waiting for it to be unlocked and using it on my three contract but even the PAYG prices are just....wow...no!

UKers have nothing to complain about. We don't even get prepaid iPhones here.

For non-qualified customers, including existing AT&T customers who want to upgrade from another phone or replace an iPhone 3G, the price with a new two-year agreement is $499 (8GB), $599 (16GB), or $699 (32GB).
Thats with a two year contract($30 data + $40 for 450 minutes).

And do I have to remind you, we have to pay for incoming calls and texts(Hooray USA!). We also get no tethering and no mms.

iPhone 3G S, WTF? :s No, thanks. I'll stick with the 3G and upgrade the OS to 3.0!

Still, I'm curious to find out what kinds of dirty tricks Rogers Wireless has up its sleeve for this new iPhone. Chances are, it's even worse than O2 and AT&T.

Still, I'm curious to find out what kinds of dirty tricks Rogers Wireless has up its sleeve for this new iPhone. Chances are, it's even worse than O2 and AT&T.

+1

Think I'm just going to get a 3G 16GB off ebay in the states, hoping to get it around the $400-450 mark.

Would like more space to use it as my music device as well as phone, guess 16GB is enough for a decent chunk of music (Y)

Very pleased with Snow Leopard features and the upgrade price. Now waiting for the streaming keynote ....

Radish?

Yeah, their absolutely hands down the worst. Too bad I'm 1-year into my 3-year contract.

Radish, the the keynote is up. Although they haven't posted it in HD yet.

For $1399, is it better to buy a 20" iMac or a 13" Macbook? For a home computer.

Are O2 ****ing kidding me? I need to buy myself out of my existing 3G contract before I can upgrade? Does loyalty not count for anything?

What a joke.

Are O2 ****ing kidding me? I need to buy myself out of my existing 3G contract before I can upgrade? Does loyalty not count for anything?

What a joke.

Totally man, this is why I'm not getting the 3GS.

I said all along that the main reason why I wont get the new iPhone would be because O2 price it so rediculously!!! Its shocking.

It's a shame O2 are charging so much, I was really interested in this until I saw the prices :/ may have to wait to see if they come down (highly unlikely) or if another network picks it up.

What a joke.

It's the same with any handset - the iPhone is no different. The only reason there was an incentive to move people from the original iPhone to the 3G was because you were paying the full price for the handset when you bought an original iPhone. When the 3G came out, they could move you onto a fresh new 18 month contract and this time lock you in to it as you'd already paid for your handset outright. As I understand it, the 3G was subsidised by O2 to make the prices more attractive so they need to recoup that by keeping you locked into the 18 month contract.

It's the same with any carrier who subsidises the cost of the handset. 9 months into my iPhone 3G contract I'm not feeling any desperate desire to move onto the next one - it's still doing everything I ask of it! I love it!

They do it because they think it will be the same as when the other two came out that everyone dropped what they had for the newer version regardless of the price. Not gonna happen this time round I don't think.

I think alot of people will be happy with the 3G and the new OS

It's a shame O2 are charging so much, I was really interested in this until I saw the prices :/ may have to wait to see if they come down (highly unlikely) or if another network picks it up.

Same.

I was going to go with a Pay and Go handset until I saw the prices. Still no visual voicemail, no tethering on P&G... Probably pick up a second hand 3G I think.

God I hate O2! I only just got a iPhone 3G! Now they are saying you have to buy your way out of a contract to get the new iPhone!

Also those prices are just stupid

Thats the way its always been. YOU signed an 18-month contract noone else. You've always had to buy out of contract if you want it to end early. Its a contract - legally binding. Why should iPhone users be treated any different?

Why did you just buy a 3G when the new model has been rumored for months?

Soo.... No matte ? No Front camera/video calls ? White tho... Matte white or shiny white ? Black text or white fail-text ?

Yeah, their absolutely hands down the worst. Too bad I'm 1-year into my 3-year contract.

Rogers is hands down the worst? dont get me wrong, the situation in canada with 3 year contracts is pretty brutal, but with rogers at least we were able to use any voice only or voice and data to get the iphone 3G at a subsidized price. I spend around $55/month cdn including good voice plan, features & 6GB of data that can be used for tethering.. dont forget MMS either.. I dont see how I could be worse off than spending $70 usd with AT&T w/o tethering or texts..

Are there videos showing how expose on dock works?

Watch the keynote on Apples homepage.