WWDC '09

That, and it's pretty much guaranteed they're not going to up the data limit for tethering, if they even do support it.

Just wondering how much they want ponying up for the new one :p

Well, that was absolutely boring and an utter waist of my time. Guess I'll be skipping this iPhone too :(

Ditto :(

Although if O2 drop the prices (unlikely as hell) of the 3G also I may be tempted.

Little bit underwhelming overall... but looking forward to Snow Leopard and iPhone OS 3.0 :)

I'd give the show a 3.5/5.

Pros:

- iPhone 3G for $99

- 13" Macbook Pro

- Snow Leopard for $29

Cons:

- Snow Leopard few months away

- iPhone 3GS, not much of a update personally,

- No Steve

- No iMac updates

I'd give the show a 4/5.

Pros:

- iPhone 3G for $99

- 13" Macbook Pro

- Snow Leopard for $29

Cons:

- Snow Leopard few months away

- iPhone 3GS

- No Steve

- No iMac updates

Meh, you're being too kind. I'd give it a 2/5

They didn't mention anything about faster processor or more memory - they said it was faster, but was that just OS improvements?

The leaks of the past lead to hardware improvements. That's how they achieved faster app launching speed. It's supposedly got a faster processor and twice the RAM as the existing models. That alone is worth the upgrade for me from my existing Edge model. They didn't make any mention of the hardware under the hood simply because they never have before.

The leaks of the past lead to hardware improvements. That's how they achieved faster app launching speed. It's supposedly got a faster processor and twice the RAM as the existing models. That alone is worth the upgrade for me from my existing Edge model.

I agree - if it indeed has those improvements then its well worth the price. I found using the original iPhone incredibly slow when doing basic things like pushing the menu button - it would take two seconds or so to respond.

Just excited about Snow Leopard, i can easily skip this iPhone since i don't find anything worthwhile over 3G, all OS improvements will be coming anyway

Right, since I'm a registered iPhone Dev, I'm off to download OS 3.0 - its GM today for devs. :p

If the 3G decreases significantly in price like that in the UK, I'm certianly going to buy it into the summer. The 3GS looks just like a simple re-hash to me and double the price.

The 3.06ghz Intel Core 2 Duo can also be configured in the Macbook Pro 17" (I didn't think it was, as someone mentioned the 15" would be faster).

Nice prices, on the education store, the 17" starts at around ?1500... about 100, 150 cheaper than when I checked this morning.