BREAKING NEWS...Michael Jackson dies of cardiac arrest

His music was great. And his name will not be forgotten. I still remember the first time I listened to his music as a kid. It captivated me and filled me with a strong yet subtle urge to dance. May he rest in peace.

michael_jackson.jpg

Todo meu respeito para Michael Jackson. Uma das pessoas mais brilhantes e exc?ntricas que este mundo teve a alegria de conhecer.

From Google Translate:

All my respect for Michael Jackson. One of the most brilliant and eccentric people that this world had the joy of knowing.

"This thread has just undergone a MASSIVE cleaning to the tune of 137 posts. Let's keep it civil trolling will not be tolerated."

Hmmm... and I wrote a fairly lengthy post that was nothing but sympathetic to Jackson that has somehow disappeared.

I dislike the trolls as much as anyone else, but I can't help but wonder what criteria were used in the "cleaning".

Whatever life he led, we will all remember him because of his stardom and his rise and fall as the best pop star the world has ever seen. His music has touched billions of people. I'll remember him as that instead of listening to people grumble upon his social exploits.

RIP

To be honest, Jackson died when he turned white...

I always loved the Thriller era and his choreography, but for the rest, I never liked him...

But whatever, RIP I guess?

^Seeing I never liked or was into his music I will always remember him as

You didn't even have to finish. Thanks for your display of ignorance.

No need to say another word here, you're just irrelevant.

+1

Fuggen trolls

+1

Why? Because he doesn't agree with you? That is a real mature way of seeing other people's opinion.

Truth is, even though I liked his music, he was a sicko the second half of his life.

He was a pedophile, but a great artist. So I won't say rest in peace, but I won't say "**** him" either. I'm just indifferent, another person of the world that died.

It was never proven he was a child molester. What has been proven is he is/was a great artist.

Funny how these trolls have very few post count, suggesting they don't post much here; are coming in flocks now because I guess they think their opinion matters. LOL

"This thread has just undergone a MASSIVE cleaning to the tune of 137 posts. Let's keep it civil trolling will not be tolerated."

Damn that was a nice cleanup job.

It was never proven he was a child molester. What has been proven is he is/was a great artist.

The amount of records you sell does not mean you are a great artist.

Are/were the Backstreet Boys great artists? No.

And for the record, he wrote 4 of 9 tracks on Thriller.

The amount of records do show how great your music is that people actually want to buy it. Do the backstreet boys sell out 50 concerts in 5 hours? do they have the biggest selling album of all time? No

the comparison is flawed.

Exactly. He sold 750 million albums worldwide, that is a great artist, whether or not you like his music.

And BTW, tommorow a autopsy will state the exact cause of death.

Actually that isn't necessarily true. Toxicology might take several days, maybe even a week to get back. We might get preliminary results, but you also have to expect that the results will be released to the family first and then they will dictate when it is released.

The amount of records do show how great your music is that people actually want to buy it. Do the backstreet boys sell out 50 concerts in 5 hours? do they have the biggest selling album of all time? No

the comparison is flawed.

People sell out one concert in less than 20 minutes.

Look at all the ****ty music going plat these days and tell me if that compared to other lesser known artists means you are a great artist.

Some of those tickets BTW Im sure were bought in large amounts to sell on (for example) eBay.

Don't kid yourself. He was great but there is no greatest artist of all time.