[Official] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

I heard it was egypt?

:p

Shhhh, the place of origin is unimportant :p

Czech Republic

I thought you said it was Brazil?

I thought you said it was Brazil?

When the eagle flies, so does the Indian - Fear not though, the eggs will not shatter in the pale moonlight without permission from the nail.

When the eagle flies, so does the Indian - Fear not though, the eggs will not shatter in the pale moonlight without permission from the nail.

Somebody has been - weed14.jpg

"fourzerotwo: Awesome #MW2 feature I've fallen in love with while on tour. Ability to play on a different difficulty than your coop partner in SpecOps. <3"

Interesting ...

Modern Warfare 2 Gets Global Price Increase

We have just received a Press Release from Megarom that has regrettably informed us that Modern Warfare 2 is receiving a global price increase on the PC version of the game.

PC gamers have long enjoyed much lower prices than their console gamer friends but this won’t be the case with Modern Warfare 2 unfortunately. The good news (albeit not for everyone of course) is that there seems to be no change to console prices, so fear not if you were planning on buying it for Xbox 360 or Playstation 3.

Details after the jump.

The price point set for Modern Warfare 2 on PC will be R499.99 which puts it pretty close to the R699.99 console prices.

Why Activision has decided to only put up the PC price is beyond me but I do unfortunately get the sneaking suspicion that Activision just feels like PC gamers have been paying too little for quite long enough but of course there is no proof of that.

Here’s the full press release:

FOURWAYS, SOUTH AFRICA – October 13th, 2009 – Megarom Interactive (Pty) Ltd. South Africa’s leading importer and distributor of interactive video games, announced that due to the standardised global pricing strategy released today regarding the PC version of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, the South African recommended retail price therefore would be R499.99 on release date.

This global price strategy has already been affected on international retail websites with the price-point in the USA being set at $59.99 and in the UK at ?44.99.>

The standard edition of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation3 remains at the previously indicated recommended retail price of R699.99.

Fail.:((

It sucks, but it's gonna make me laugh seeing the PC fanboys whining over a PC game being close to the console price :p Come on, PC gamers, if it's better on PC then surely it should be cheaper on consoles?

It sucks, but it's gonna make me laugh seeing the PC fanboys whining over a PC game being close to the console price :p Come on, PC gamers, if it's better on PC then surely it should be cheaper on consoles?

Regrettably he does have a point, but in the end the reason it's cheaper is usually because you can buy it, install it, and trade the disc back in (Hell you can say it's borked and get a refund sometimes). With the advent of all this piracy protection that isn't as easy.

pc gamers are acting like cry babies

u get the map packs free, be thankful of that, on top of that, u spend all this money on the latest graphics cards etc but moan about a few extra $ or ? for a game

I think in the UK, the cheapest online retailer for the PC version is Gameplay at the moment. Its pre-order price is currently ?29.99. Cheaper than Play and Amazon, which both have it at ?35.

Regrettably he does have a point, but in the end the reason it's cheaper is usually because you can buy it, install it, and trade the disc back in (Hell you can say it's borked and get a refund sometimes). With the advent of all this piracy protection that isn't as easy.

No one has a point whilst no other devs in the industry are increasing prices on mass.

in what insane situation WOULD you be impressed by a price increase?

I lol'd :D

A product he invested in / owns that's gaining so much popularity they need to increase the price just to kill the demand a bit yet still make a killing?

... Okay, shot in the dark but I think it qualifies :p ?

Anyone have any experience with coolshop? They're currently accepting pre-orders for the PC version for ?25.

If it's anything like the Danish counter-part http://www.coolshop.dk, which is the "main" site, they are extremely trustworthy. It's one of Denmarks biggest online gameshops and they have a reputation for sending out pre-orders 2-3 days in advance. I must admit though, I haven't heard about them starting up a co.uk branch ... ( Yeah I know there is one )