[Official] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Only thing that always bugged me about COD4, and all games in this particular multiplayer genre, like CS or TF2, is that the players are always dying. I hate constant deaths and constant respawning. It frequently cuts people out of the action and can be quite frustrating. I would prefer a game where player deaths didn't occur so often. Or at least, that gave more health or more resistance to the hits (perks just don't do enough).

Umm....Play Halo? Takes almost a full clip to kill someone.

Only thing that always bugged me about COD4, and all games in this particular multiplayer genre, like CS or TF2, is that the players are always dying. I hate constant deaths and constant respawning. It frequently cuts people out of the action and can be quite frustrating. I would prefer a game where player deaths didn't occur so often. Or at least, that gave more health or more resistance to the hits (perks just don't do enough).

Constant deaths?

Stop eating bullets :rofl:

Constant deaths?

Try search and destroy or hardcore?

Umm....Play Halo? Takes almost a full clip to kill someone.

Never played Halo, unfortunately.

Constant deaths?

Stop eating bullets :rofl:

Well, yes, constant. What's the average deaths per player, per level? I would imagine a high number, don't you?

Never played Halo, unfortunately.

Well, yes, constant. What's the average deaths per player, per level? I would imagine a high number, don't you?

Well it's the same number as the number of kills, ignoring suicides. Less deaths means less kills =/

I can highly recommend a game-mode like Hardcore Search & Destroy. When you die, you have to wait until the end of the round to spawn again plus the game becomes a bit more tactical and, well, fun. Also the reason for my little rant is when you do have this sort of tactical play in small maps, having claymores cutting your paths off here and there and to get rid of them alerts the enemy, you really don't have many options.

I said disarm and you don't think I know there's a perk to see explosives after playing the game for a year? jeez.

True, but you were complaining about not being able to see them, I merely offered a suggestion.

Claymores are fine, having to disarm them would only slow down the pace of the game, which is supposed to be fast. Shooting them is fine, sure it alerts the other team but lets be honest, in a game like MW you should always be on alert anyway. It's all part of the offensive-defensive balance. Clearly you're the offensive type, so am I so claymores really annoy me as well (and lets not forget martyrdom), but there are advantages that our style of play has, too. Such as gas grenades + gas mask perk, I've cleared entire rooms using that combination. The n00b tube, as ridiculous as it may be, is a great counter to the camping/claymore types. Plus, there's nothing more satisfying than shooting a claymore just as its being planted =)

I think MW was a fantastic game, I don't disagree that it had a few things I'd like to see tweaked or removed, but the same can be said for any MP game - its still amazingly fun to play and I cannot wait for MW2.

Well according to my TF2 stats as a demoman I've stayed alive for 396 minutes, 52 seconds :laugh:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Audioboxer/stats/TF2

Gotta love glitches (not user inflicted, I dunno what's happened)

True, but you were complaining about not being able to see them, I merely offered a suggestion.

Claymores are fine, having to disarm them would only slow down the pace of the game, which is supposed to be fast. Shooting them is fine, sure it alerts the other team but lets be honest, in a game like MW you should always be on alert anyway. It's all part of the offensive-defensive balance. Clearly you're the offensive type, so am I so claymores really annoy me as well (and lets not forget martyrdom), but there are advantages that our style of play has, too. Such as gas grenades + gas mask perk, I've cleared entire rooms using that combination. The n00b tube, as ridiculous as it may be, is a great counter to the camping/claymore types. Plus, there's nothing more satisfying than shooting a claymore just as its being planted =)

I think MW was a fantastic game, I don't disagree that it had a few things I'd like to see tweaked or removed, but the same can be said for any MP game - its still amazingly fun to play and I cannot wait for MW2.

Funny you say I'm on the offensive, I am one of the most defensive players you will ever meet. I will happily sit in a corner for the entire round, just to stay alive and possibly get a kill. What you fail to realise is the various game-modes Call of Duty has to offer, because Claymores are a nice change of pace in Deathmatch, Headquarters and all that **** but when you're playing Search & Destroy Hardcore, you're the only guy left and you really want to live a glory moment and you 10 seconds later is blown up by a claymore, that's annoying.

I can't tell you how many times in various games I've been the last guy on a team and then pulled a complete rambo, surprised everyone and taken out the other team or completed the objective and gained the praise of my team - That carrot is completely gone in this game because the chances of you getting past claymores as well as the other team is nigh on impossible. Plus in HC S&D there's no "dynamic" playstyle where spawn changes or the zone of battle changes place, it's exactly like Counter-strike where you have X-amounts of set tactical routes and in clan-matches you choose where to go from the start. That is why claymores are a big problem, you can completely shut off or put up an alert perimeter with those things and have the rest of the players seal off the other route - That is not good gameplay and does not suit Hardcore S&D.

Claymores are fine yes but not in every game-mode, in some it's a gamebreaker and needs a counter.

*shrug* I just sit in certain corners with Stopping Power and Deep Impact, MG in hand blowing away enemies that come in packs around the corner. Or in many cases, just eyeballing the field and making all my shots through the wall.

I get nothing but **** allllll day long. :D

Anyhow, looking forward to MW2. Can't wait. (though, it might pass me by while I'm on Aion)

Modern Warfare 2 Features Released, Prestige, Perks

Infinity Ward's Creative Strategist (and once community manager) FourZeroTwo (FZT) asked the community to pose questions via the popular blogging site, Twitter. You've probably seen FZT in Modern Warfare 2's trailers - he's the guy that always gets killed at the end. The MW2 community asked hundreds of questions, and FZT answered in force. Here's a compiled list of features that he has stated will (or will not) be in Modern Warfare 2.

Max level in MW2 is level 70 this time. We're keeping the Prestige icons under lock and key

We have a lot more weapons, perks, attachments, callsign items, and equipment to unlock this time, needed more levels!

We're addressing modded controllers in MW2 - slightly different than the Rate of Fire cap we did in COD4 recently

There isn't an option to search specific regions / countries when matchmaking, but there is improved matchmaking to auto-assist

An entire team of Riot Shields would be slow moving and extremely vulnerable. Flash grenades force you to expose some

Quite a few maps have varying degrees of visibility due to weather effects.

The throwing knife is thrown via the left hand because the right hand is holding the weapon. Low Ready + Throw w/ lefthand

There will be snow maps in Multiplayer

It takes two rockets to take down an AC-130 in MP. Meaning you can't do it alone but can do it as a team

Nope. Air Drops are random. They could be an ammo resupply or an awesome killstreak reward. Its luck of the draw.

No plan for a Demo before launch. The entire team is focused on polish all the way up to ship of the full game.

Special Ops includes a variety of gametypes and mission objectives. One of many being a Wave Defense type.

There are going to be a few rewards for hitting prestige in #MW2 - can't go into details, but there will be goodness to be had

So there you have it, hopefully that answers some of your dying questions - it certainly answered ours! Continue following the story on FZT's twitter, though we will post any dire updates on our site as well.

News Source: GamerNexus

Sounds great! :D Nov. is fast coming and I can't wait. :p

Funny you say I'm on the offensive, I am one of the most defensive players you will ever meet. I will happily sit in a corner for the entire round, just to stay alive and possibly get a kill. What you fail to realise is the various game-modes Call of Duty has to offer, because Claymores are a nice change of pace in Deathmatch, Headquarters and all that **** but when you're playing Search & Destroy Hardcore, you're the only guy left and you really want to live a glory moment and you 10 seconds later is blown up by a claymore, that's annoying.

I can't tell you how many times in various games I've been the last guy on a team and then pulled a complete rambo, surprised everyone and taken out the other team or completed the objective and gained the praise of my team - That carrot is completely gone in this game because the chances of you getting past claymores as well as the other team is nigh on impossible. Plus in HC S&D there's no "dynamic" playstyle where spawn changes or the zone of battle changes place, it's exactly like Counter-strike where you have X-amounts of set tactical routes and in clan-matches you choose where to go from the start. That is why claymores are a big problem, you can completely shut off or put up an alert perimeter with those things and have the rest of the players seal off the other route - That is not good gameplay and does not suit Hardcore S&D.

Claymores are fine yes but not in every game-mode, in some it's a gamebreaker and needs a counter.

Wow, you sound like a real teamplayer

Would definitely want to play with you watching my back :s

Claymores are perfect in S&D Hardcore, in the regular modes it just adds to the constant chaos.

In S&D Hardcore you have to take your time, not run and gun lonewolfing like you. If you proceed with caution then claymores are easy to avoid and maybe even not trip off.

Wow, you sound like a real teamplayer

Would definitely want to play with you watching my back :s

Claymores are perfect in S&D Hardcore, in the regular modes it just adds to the constant chaos.

In S&D Hardcore you have to take your time, not run and gun lonewolfing like you. If you proceed with caution then claymores are easy to avoid and maybe even not trip off.

k, not that I'd ever play with you but that's fine =)

I'm so-so on Claymores, it's the noob tube that drives me insane. I do have a profile set with the noob tube, I only bust it out when I've been spammed to death by it.

For the record, I try target the noob-tube-spammer as much as possible. Other casualties are welcomed collateral damage.

Hypocritical? Ironic? Call it what you must, for me it's just sweet revenge to see the original spammer spew some hate in my direction after I get him a few times. ;)

On that note: CoD MW2 is pre-ordered and I can't wait to get it. Some of my co-workers play L4D. I might end up getting L4D2 just to came with them this fall.

I'm very happy as my 360 has just RROD for the second time in two years, and should be back in two weeks with plenty of time ready for Call of Duty :D

lol masochist :D