[Official] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

That AA12 sounds like mad rape in MP to me

aka, not a good thing :s

Fully automatic recoil-less shotgun fed by a 20-round drum, I can see how that could be viewed as mad rape.

That AA12 sounds like mad rape in MP to me

aka, not a good thing :s

Meaning it's terrible at longer ranges thus making it useless in many situations and then people don't want to carry those unless the map is extremely CQB biased. I mean, it's pretty much the same with the current situation and the auto-shotgun, in CQB situations it's in-your-face annoying but the other 90% of the time it's useless.

( I'm aware of its deadliness even at range but the weapon is sure to have been balanced / toned down for the game )

No dedicated servers on the PC version? lolwut

Skip to 1:41.

Robert Bowling.

Flat out.

NO DEDICATED SERVERS. Matchmaking only.

They ask him about custom content. He completely skips around the issue. He knows that there won't be custom content but doesnt want to embarass himself.

Wow, MW2 has changed for the worse.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2369799

So it's going to be just like the console versions, not having to sift through a million tard servers with messed up settings, 64 players and weird ass host rules?

Win (Y)

So it's going to be just like the console versions, not having to sift through a million tard servers with messed up settings, 64 players and weird ass host rules?

Win (Y)

+1

No dedicated servers on the PC version? lolwut

Win (Y)

No mod tools = No custom content or mods (N)

No Dedicated servers = no clan servers (N)

No Dedicated servers = possible end of competitive ladders (N)

No Dedicated servers = means those few servers you frequent and play with friends are gone (N)

Steam integration = Map Packs+Patches (DLC) on the PC may not be free anymore. (N)

PC Release = No delay (Y)

Only one piece of good news today, the other news makes things a little uncertain going forward for the PC crowd.

Edited by zeke009

No mod tools = No custom content or mods (N)

No Dedicated servers = no clan servers (N)

No Dedicated servers = possible end of competitive ladders (N)

Do you need more?

Good points but considering I use(d) none of those when I played the PC version, it's not really my focus. For my own personal preference I'm glad to see user-control removed and a more streamlined, standardized servers introduced.

Good points but considering I use(d) none of those when I played the PC version, it's not really my focus. For my own personal preference I'm glad to see user-control removed and a more streamlined, standardized servers introduced.

I can agree with you to an extent. What has me concerned is that some servers for CoD4 or CoD5 have some pretty good "communities" within them. I personally enjoy the servers run by the guys at "The Company", especially their War server for CoD5. In MW2 they are gone and all the other "community" servers.

I'd love to see IW come along and give us an explanation of how this news will change the way we play the game.

I haven't canceled my pre-order, but I'm curious what this means for PC gaming moving forward.

Tell me about it, with the cash I saved from buying this POS I can now buy L4D2 and Bad Company 2 ^_^

Thanks Activision for completely ruining the experience!

Not really MW 1 was epic. I love the dedicated servers and the community. Pc crowd really know how to play!

You know what's funnier, such a high profile game, they will eventually crack it wide open and bring the ability to add mods, and Activition and IW will be mocked (like they should). They are ultimately the only losers.

All those tears, the thread might drown!

On a completely different note, who's up for some Spec Ops fun / achievement hunting come November 10th? ( 360 ) Probably not going to be on the 10th exactly but in the following days thereafter.

One thing good out of it - a lot of people, including me, will get to keep out cash now. (Y)

Aye, won't be buying this. The guys I who came back from a hiatus to play CoD4 in their old guilds (I'm talking CS pre 1.0 old) are going to have a **** fit too.

Won't mean a thing to the console owners but this is a kick in the balls to any PC gamer.

On a completely different note, who's up for some Spec Ops fun / achievement hunting come November 10th? ( 360 ) Probably not going to be on the 10th exactly but in the following days thereafter.

I've got my inflatable ducky ring on! If you're getting it on PC, I would definitely be down for some Neowin Spec Ops!

I'm out of the country and away from my 360 till the 16th :cry: I am going to miss out on it all!