[Official] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Exactly, so what's the problem? That was more directed at Sethos who seems to think that there's some big conspiracy regarding the quality and usefulness of them. They work, they work in the dark as you'd expect them to, they might not be the best NVGs out there, but who is actually considering buying them for a practical reason? They're a collector's item - they're designed FOR Collectors, their value is that they're a collectable item, not a useful tool. You may as well complain that your typical figurines are absolutely useless, or that your art book serves no use other than to sit there and look pretty.

But this is like collecting a slab of bricks in that sense, they don't look pretty. Those items have "display credibility" because they're usually designed after a likeable in-game character. Just like how people enjoy hanging up Halo posters and the likes.

My point is that these will look like duff if you leave them sitting next to your console/amongst your other collectables, they aren't inherinently recognizable as modern warfare merch unless someone reads the MW2 logo up close. From a far people will just think oh there's a pair of plastic NV goggles, or for the less educated, oh there's some binoculars.

I really do think they're one of the worst collectors edition items I've seen. But alas I'll shutup, we all know the game will be good and that's what we care about.

Harmless yes

Interesting no

We had this same exact debate when the goggles were announced. Now you guys are just going over the same thing all over again because there is new pictures of them?

I for one hope...deep down inside...that these goggles actually kick arse and work OK :D ..so i can borrow my friends and run around the neighborhood at night and scare my neighbors :D

Harmless yes

Interesting no

We had this same exact debate when the goggles were announced. Now you guys are just going over the same thing all over again because there is new pictures of them?

Because one member says his opinion, another disagrees and so it starts - I still find the conversation interesting because we know little about the actual goggles, so feel free to leave Munky if the conversation doesn't stimulate you ;)

I also agree with AB, these aren't good looking, they don't identify themselves as Modern Warfare related goggles, which is why they had to slap stickers on there and most normal people wouldn't have a clue what the hell it is. The ONLY thing they have going for them is the fact they are 'supposed' to WORK ( As in, IMPROVE sight over a night-adjusted eye ) and that's where my doubts enter.

Looks nice... Man I can't decide to get it for PC or xbox... I wanna go ahead and pre order

What are most of your friends going to be playing? (Assuming you game online a lot)

Or just buy both. :p

ooooooooooh myyyyy godddddd

That pretty much sums it up for me. I'm a 44 year old dad of two teenage boys, and I am a bit embarrassed about how excited I am about this game. I've already scheduled a day off of work on 11/11.

We have two Xboxes, but only one hooked up online (we have 2 Live accounts, though). I'm thinking this game might be worthy of two MW2 purchases so we can be playing at the same time!

Can't believe nobody has posted this yet but here is the last couple paragraphs to give you the idea.

Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Hands-On Impressions: No Buzzkills

Better players than me got to take advantage of some of the new Killstreak rewards. Most of what we saw tonight?UAV, AC-130 gunship, sentry guns, Predator missiles?we'd heard mention of before or had seen in Call of Duty 4. But what's nice about the Killstreak after the UAV, known as the Care Package, is its randomness. You may get ammo. You may get to step into the AC-130 and rain death on your enemies. It's designed to give the player who might not ever have an 11-kill long streak a chance to experience doing so. (But watch out, because anyone can grab your Care Package after it's been airdropped.)

Equally an experience is actually shooting down an AC-130 gunship. It, like the UAV, can be a nuisance to your enemies, and they have an option to take them both down.

On the flip side of Killstreaks are Deathstreaks. They don't reward the better player, they help to level the playing field for the less skilled player. Two were shown tonight. Copycat lets the player on the losing end of a streak inherit his killer's class and weapons load out?even if the player receiving the Deathstreak bonus hasn't yet unlocked those guns?for one life only. The other is Painkiller. It's much simpler, offering the less skilled player a short period of increased health.

Our three hours with Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer mode was both delightful and a little exhausting. There's just so much happening on-screen, all the time, a constant barrage of Challenges, kills, streaks, explosions and blood-spattered camera effects. Is that a bad thing? Not necessarily. Modern Warfare 2 keeps the intensity redlined throughout the match. But it somehow manages not to be abrasive, even with all that flaming death happening around you.

Based on the tiny shred of what was unlocked in our demo of the next Call of Duty, there's a deep well of weapons, accessories and unlockable bonus attributes that players will enjoy for a long time. The gameplay appears to be tighter than ever, the feature set more expansive than ever?even the Perks get perked. Modern Warfare 2 appears to be delivering a multiplayer experience beyond our expectations, an experience I look forward to enjoying again when the game ships on November 10th.

Kotaku

Even more frenetic than the first? I LOVED how fast the gameplay was compared to slow shooters like Halo 3 so increasing that even more just makes me salivate!

You had separate discs for COD4? :s

No, I meant that the multiplayer modes had a separate menu and hitting quit would take you back to the main menu. Looks as though Modern Warfare 2 is employing a similar structure.

No, I meant that the multiplayer modes had a separate menu and hitting quit would take you back to the main menu. Looks as though Modern Warfare 2 is employing a similar structure.

Ah right, yeah that's true.

I was going to say, how have I missed out on multiple discs! :laugh: