[Official] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Btw - whoa, just noticed that Hans Zimmer is composing the score! :o

Yeah I know, believe it or not that is one of the things I am mostly looking forward to in this game :D

That statement is just idiotic at best.

I have no clue why people say they absolute love COD4 and completely disregard WAW and call it rubbish. I'd prefer COD4, but I thoroughly enjoyed WAW, it was a great game.

I'm sorry...did my statement have too much facts to make sense?

I bought CoD:WaW. I PLAYED the single player and guess what? Yes, I hated it. CoD4:MW ripoff. Yes it has the same engine, but come the fark on, change some frekin things around. Everything looks the same, everything feels the same, except you have 5 grenades and crappier weapons.

That is how I felt about the game and that is what a lot of other people think also.

I bought CoD:WaW. I PLAYED the single player and guess what? Yes, I hated it. CoD4:MW ripoff. Yes it has the same engine, but come the fark on, change some frekin things around. Everything looks the same, everything feels the same, except you have 5 grenades and crappier weapons.

That is how I felt about the game and that is what a lot of other people think also.

live activity list says that u are wrong

WaW is fantastic

How can it be a ripoff if it's a "sequel"? The point of COD:WAW was to be COD4 in WWII.

I mean come on, it's not like they just skinned some weapons. They made an entire story mode(even though it wasn't very good) with Co-op, and the always popular Zombie Mode. They made, arguably, better multi-player maps. Recreated a ton of WWII weapons. I think Treyarch did a great job, what were you expecting... A ground breaking game?

If it's so much of a "ripoff" of COD4, why do you hate it so much? Because you can't use the weapons?

I think part of the problem is that WaW was "just another WWII" game. We've had so many of them, we're all a bit sick of them. This couple with the fact that it just took COD4 and made it WWII didn't help, it just didn't do anything new or special.

Enjoy your HQ night vision goggles incoming from Chinese factories...

night-vision-goggles-2_tn.jpg

night-vision-goggles-4_tn.jpg

night-vision-goggles-5_tn.jpg

night-vision-goggles-1_tn.jpg

night-vision-goggles-3_tn.jpg

More plastic crap we'll need to send to the moon in 2022 along with WiiFit boards when no one wants them any more...

HAHA I'd be very surprised if anything these days isn't made in a Chinese factory :p

P.S MW4 owns WAW..look at the sales people.. also WORLD WAR 2 GAMES ARE LAME AND LAME... LAME!!!!!

It is all relative. For a pair of NVGs, yes they are crap - they use a very old design that would actually light you up like a Christmas tree on any modern battlefield, but as a Collector's item, they're pretty impressive. You might scoff at them being plastic crap, but most collector's editions of this nature just come with some plastic figurine or whatever. The best one I've seen so far that doesn't is Bioshock but even then, it's still just a figurine. At least these work.

I don't understand the hate towards only certain Limited Editions. All of it is made in Chinese factories most of the time. Hell I bet most the discs we're playing on were even created there.

People find value in different things.

It is all relative. For a pair of NVGs, yes they are crap - they use a very old design that would actually light you up like a Christmas tree on any modern battlefield, but as a Collector's item, they're pretty impressive. You might scoff at them being plastic crap, but most collector's editions of this nature just come with some plastic figurine or whatever. The best one I've seen so far that doesn't is Bioshock but even then, it's still just a figurine. At least these work.

So people need crap like this just for the sake of something being a collectors edition?

I'm pretty sure the game is what matters to 95% of people, collectors editions are just money drains, some of them have some tasteful things from time to time, but most of them just include plastic junk.

Figurines are much more worthwhile than this, at least a figurine usually represents a mascot and can be put on display near your console with other figurines you have. Much more sentimental value in a figurine.

I'll be damned if I'm putting a huge pair of cheap plastic NV goggles on show in my room :laugh: Definitely not impressive (N) Different yeah, attention catching yeah, but ultimately a pile of junk. The GTA4 lockbox "works" better than these, at least you can store some things in it making it useful.

Even the Master Chief helmet is better, it's recognizable as Halo material right away, with these looking at them 4m away they just look like crappy NV goggles till you read "MW2" wherever it's written.

There hasn't ever been collector's items of this nature, so there is no comparison! These could easily be confused with the real thing. These are being pushed as fully functioning night-vision goggles and there might actually be people out there who doesn't know how expensive real night-vision goggles are. This is such a tacky marketing stunt, trying to bundle this cheap children's toy and wipe it off in peoples sleeves as the 'real' thing. A friend of mine actually believed they would be top-spec NVGs, until I told him the price of even a low-end pair of real night-vision goggles.

As a mantle piece it's fine but considering they are pushing these as 'real' night-vision goggles, it IS plastic crap and people need to know.

Collector's stuff need to be tasteful and something you'd want to show off, not some bulky POS you need to explain what is and it doesn't even work properly.

Figurines are much more worthwhile than this, at least a figurine usually represents a mascot and can be put on display near your console with other figurines you have. Much more sentimental value in a figurine, and figurines are vastly collectable.

Ahuh, that's what im going for. I think the whole 'OMFG!!111!!1! they are including night vision goggles with MW2!! That is freekin kewl!!' sorta drew alot of people into it..it was AUD$200 for he pack which is double of what the game retails for.

They ARE real night vision goggles. They work. They let you see in the dark. What's misleading about that? Their problem isn't their effectiveness, its that the design they use is totally useless on the battlefield.

Collector's stuff need to be tasteful and something you'd want to show off, not some bulky POS you need to explain what is and it doesn't even work properly.

Like your Arma2 lighter, that looked pretty well made. Guess it's more useful if you smoke you could be like "POW BITCHES I HAZ ARMY LIGHTER" when you were at the pub.

Even then having a lighter around is always handy.

They ARE real night vision goggles. They work. They let you see in the dark. What's misleading about that? Their problem isn't their effectiveness, its that the design they use is totally useless on the battlefield.

Battlefield?

Most of the kids buying the Collectors edition will use them in the house playing "Army" with their friend, or look at hedgehogs in their back garden for 20 minutes before bed at 9pm.

Like your Arma2 lighter, that looked pretty well made. Guess it's more useful if you smoke you could be like "POW BITCHES I HAZ ARMY LIGHTER" when you were at the pub.

Even then having a lighter around is always handy.

Yeah exactly, something useful / tasteful and still qualifies as a collector's item.

As for calling that Chinese toy 'working' NVGs has yet to be seen, let's wait and see the verdict when a reviewer or buyer gets a hold of it. If they don't improve visibility in low-light situations or actually limits your visibility compared to a night-adjusted eye, they don't qualify as night-vision goggles and at that price and being cheap plastic crap, I have my doubts.

Battlefield?

Most of the kids buying the Collectors edition will use them in the house playing "Army" with their friend, or look at hedgehogs in their back garden for 20 minutes before bed at 9pm.

Exactly, so what's the problem? That was more directed at Sethos who seems to think that there's some big conspiracy regarding the quality and usefulness of them. They work, they work in the dark as you'd expect them to, they might not be the best NVGs out there, but who is actually considering buying them for a practical reason? They're a collector's item - they're designed FOR Collectors, their value is that they're a collectable item, not a useful tool. You may as well complain that your typical figurines are absolutely useless, or that your art book serves no use other than to sit there and look pretty.