NHL 09-10 Season

Why does it have to be a dominant win? They are playing a number #1 seed, you are hardly ever going to dominate a team like that. You have to have great goaltending and score timely goals.

It doesn't HAVE to be dominant, but they played horrible for 2/3 of the game, if it wasn't for Halak they would have won. He played outstanding, but let's be realistic, no goalie is expected to make 53 saves, he had a great night. But when you look at past games, specifically the first 2 (even thought they lost the second) montreal completely pushed the pace in those games, and that's what i expected lastnight.

Well they finally won at home in the playoffs at least :p

I've been reading some posts on Caps forums and they are freaking out! lol

It doesn't HAVE to be dominant, but they played horrible for 2/3 of the game, if it wasn't for Halak they would have won. He played outstanding, but let's be realistic, no goalie is expected to make 53 saves, he had a great night. But when you look at past games, specifically the first 2 (even thought they lost the second) montreal completely pushed the pace in those games, and that's what i expected lastnight.

every habs goalie has since i've been born. the first goalie who was doing that that i remember was patrick roy. performances like that is reason teams win cups.

Well they finally won at home in the playoffs at least :p

I've been reading some posts on Caps forums and they are freaking out! lol

yeah they owed us a home win...

I don't usually watch other teams except for my own (Nucks), but this playoffs, have been very entertaining so far. The Habs/Caps series have been one of the best, and Halak was just amazing last night. The other series PHO/DET is very entertaining also. GO PHO GO!

I can't wait for our rematch from last year, GO CANUCKS GO! It's hockey fever in Vancouver!

every habs goalie has since i've been born. the first goalie who was doing that that i remember was patrick roy. performances like that is reason teams win cups.

All i'm saying is that they got outplayed lastnight, and Halak saved them. You can't expect Halak to save 53 shots every game, the team has to work harder. A goalies performance can only carry a team so far. It's one thing to say that "oh the caps had a few good breaks but our goalie was on top of things and performed well"... that is something you can say his performance helped us win a cup. But in this situation is was more like "the caps were in our end the whole game, halak saved our ass". While it was an amazing night for him lastnight, if they don't have a better "team" performance they are going to lose on wednesday.

All i'm saying is that they got outplayed lastnight, and Halak saved them. You can't expect Halak to save 53 shots every game, the team has to work harder. A goalies performance can only carry a team so far. It's one thing to say that "oh the caps had a few good breaks but our goalie was on top of things and performed well"... that is something you can say his performance helped us win a cup. But in this situation is was more like "the caps were in our end the whole game, halak saved our ass". While it was an amazing night for him lastnight, if they don't have a better "team" performance they are going to lose on wednesday.

you just dont knows habs history very well. patrick x 2. dryden and plante x a million have all done it themselves. habs have always had goalies who have won it for them. yeah they would have the occasional off game during a series (like halak has already), but when it mattered most they showed up.

they definitely got ouplayed (look at the shots) but as long as the team in front does enough they are good. and it's not like habs defensement didn't bail out halak a few times, cause his rebound control is garbage, it's why im not the biggest halak fan in the world.

you just dont knows habs history very well. patrick x 2. dryden and plante x a million have all done it themselves. habs have always had goalies who have won it for them. yeah they would have the occasional off game during a series (like halak has already), but when it mattered most they showed up.

they definitely got ouplayed (look at the shots) but as long as the team in front does enough they are good. and it's not like habs defensement didn't bail out halak a few times, cause his rebound control is garbage, it's why im not the biggest halak fan in the world.

I'm aware of the habs history man, in fact i'm 100% positive i've been a fan longer than you have, but that's neither here nor there. Comparing Halak to the likes of Roy or dryden is just insane, but saying that goalies are what wins cups is just as insane. So i guess when edmonton won their cups, it was all due to grant fuhr? I'm not saying they don't have to have great goaltending, because of course they do, but lastnights game was not a "regular" game for Hasak, because if he were stopping 53 shots every game they would be the #1 seed. Regarding your comment about habs always having goalies that win it for them.. that hasn't been true since the last time they won the cup, since them Montreal has become a place where goalies are ruined. Not due to coaching, but more due to the city of Montreal and how they will give you a standing ovation for a performance like lastnight, then you lose the next game and they will boo you and ridicule you in the press. Many goalies since Roy have come and gone for this exact reason, the pressure in Montreal is often more than anyone can handle.

They won, but certainly wasn't a dominant win. They got outplayed in both the 2nd and 3rd, Halak saved their asses. I really hope they win the 7th game, and Halak can keep up this phenominal streak. Some stops he made tonight were easily highlight reel material. They need to play better next game though.

Yeah, Halak was the difference maker by far in game 6. We need to stop playing defensively in 3rd, they have to keep pushing in their territory.

Whoa. Montreal (8) defeats Washington (1) in 7 games.

Tonight they were out-shot by Washington 42 to 16 and yet they still managed to win 2-1. That's 2 goals on only 16 shots while Halak stopped 41 of 42.

specialk, come on say something in blind support of the capitals which are going to destroy the habs, oh wait...that never happened.

fixed

Oh man I hope Montreal wins that series so bad.

Partially because I don't mind Montreal's squad this year, plus it will also prove my theory that Washington does not have a playoff team.

Ovie got shut down. I bet the Habs were watching footage of when team Canada destroyed Russia and we hit Ovie every time he touched the puck, then he didn't feel like playing hard anymore.

I don't mean to quote myself, but my theory was proven and I just won my hockey pool because everybody loaded up on Capitals.

Yeah Montreal!! :D :D

Dirty playing from LaPierre all game gets you a win and bad referring against the Capitals all night. Ovechkin doesn't play nowhere near as dirty as LaPierre. Should have decided in overtime. As much as I wanted the Caps to win, I watched Ottawa play the Penguins and the way Crosby has been playing, he has got another cup on lock.

Dirty playing from LaPierre all game gets you a win and bad referring against the Capitals all night. Ovechkin doesn't play nowhere near as dirty as LaPierre. Should have decided in overtime. As much as I wanted the Caps to win, I watched Ottawa play the Penguins and the way Crosby has been playing, he has got another cup on lock.

crying-baby.jpg

Are you serious? Yeah the officials were definitely stacked against the Caps.. oh wait now, didn't the Habs get a penalty with under 2 minutes left in the game, giving caps a 6 v 4? And they still couldn't put out the win, must be the bad refs...lol

crying-baby.jpg

+1

Oh so that's what the series came down to eh? shame...

Didn't the Caps get a PP with 1:44 left? whoops..

Oh so that's what the series came down to eh? shame...

Didn't the Caps get a PP with 1:44 left? whoops..

You guys don't understand, I'm not a Capitals fan. I'm an Ovechkin and Semin fan. However I liked the Senators and they got eliminated. Now I will watch the Bruins play against the Flyers. Considering I know the Habs will get blown out by the Penguins. The Habs barely deserve to be in the playoffs considering they got locked in the day before the last of the season, the Capitals choked last year in the playoffs and they did it again this year. I'm not disappointed because I expected them to lose, I did however get my hopes up when they had the two game lead. The Stanley Cup will most likely be played between the Red Wings or the Sharks against the Penguins. I wouldn't be surprised if Crybaby Crosby got some more alone time with the cup, however much I dislike him, he is however a hell of a player.

On the note of the recent events in game seven, if the Canadiens ever lose Halak, they will probably never win another game. His defense is their entire team, and without that, they would be nothing.

You guys don't understand, I'm not a Capitals fan. I'm an Ovechkin and Semin fan. However I liked the Senators and they got eliminated. Now I will watch the Bruins play against the Flyers. Considering I know the Habs will get blown out by the Penguins. The Habs barely deserve to be in the playoffs considering they got locked in the day before the last of the season, the Capitals choked last year in the playoffs and they did it again this year. I'm not disappointed because I expected them to lose, I did however get my hopes up when they had the two game lead. The Stanley Cup will most likely be played between the Red Wings or the Sharks against the Penguins. I wouldn't be surprised if Crybaby Crosby got some more alone time with the cup, however much I dislike him, he is however a hell of a player.

On the note of the recent events in game seven, if the Canadiens ever lose Halak, they will probably never win another game. His defense is their entire team, and without that, they would be nothing.

just like how you knew Montreal would lose against Washington right? you should come back when you ACTUALLY know something, because so far your hockey knowledge is fail.

just like how you knew Montreal would lose against Washington right?

You forgot to bold the part where I said I knew the Caps would lose, maybe not against the Habs but I knew they would get knocked out again by the Penguins. They are a regular season team, not a playoff team. They don't have the play style to win in the playoffs like the Penguins.

You forgot to bold the part where I said I knew the Caps would lose, maybe not against the Habs but I knew they would get knocked out again by the Penguins. They are a regular season team, not a playoff team. They don't have the play style to win in the playoffs like the Penguins.

And you were saying that the habs would lose earlier. heart says habs in 7, brain is yelling "are you serious?". If habs take one of the games in pittsburgh I have full confidence they can take the series. They keep playing like they are, like they want it more then the other guys and they'll be fine. Whoever wants it more usually takes it in the playoffs.

And you were saying that the habs would lose earlier. heart says habs in 7, brain is yelling "are you serious?". If habs take one of the games in pittsburgh I have full confidence they can take the series. They keep playing like they are, like they want it more then the other guys and they'll be fine. Whoever wants it more usually takes it in the playoffs.

Thing is, the Canadiens winning the Cup depends solely on Halak keeping full intensity the rest of the playoffs, he will eventually tire and start letting goals in that he should have been able to block. Halak is one man who would win the Cup for Montreal, Crosby has proven he can handle that kind of pressure last year, Halak hasn't.

Thing is, the Canadiens winning the Cup depends solely on Halak keeping full intensity the rest of the playoffs, he will eventually tire and start letting goals in that he should have been able to block. Halak is one man who would win the Cup for Montreal, Crosby has proven he can handle that kind of pressure last year, Halak hasn't.

you see halak play in the olympics though? he was the best goalie in the tourney. and even if he has a bad game, big deal. It's a seven game series for a reason.