[VS] Clearscreen Sharp for Windows 7

I could probably get it working again if I tried, but it's just way too time consuming for me right now :(

Thanks for finding time to fix a lot of the issues that came up (Y) I've been in the same situation with Uni, one moment you've got lots of time, the next you've got 5 things that need finished yesterday.

I tried forcing all the Segoe UI 8-point font (which looks ugly IMO) to 9 points by opening up the .msstyles in a resource hacker and editing any instance of "Segoe UI, 8" to "Segoe UI, 9." Seems to work for the most part, except:

post-99705-1257797070_thumb.png

this happens. (but it's okay for Win7 Scenic apps like Wordpad and Paint) Any idea why? (or which string should I not touch :p)

The text clipping?

Hmm, not sure why it's doing that.

From what I can see, your version of MS Word is inheriting the font style (Semibold), whereas I'm pretty sure the styling and size were hardcoded in MS Word 2007. Since MS designed this to be compatible only with Aero default VS, they could have hardcoded the text boundaries in certain areas like the tabs, and inherited the size/style from the MSSTYLES.

So for instance, they created the tab boundaries to hold 9 pt Segoe UI Regular, but the text there is set up to inherit from a certain branch in the MSSTYLES file that, by default, would hold 9 pt Segoe UI. But because I added styling to certain parts of the theme, it unluckily chooses to inherit from a part of my theme where I did add Semibold styling, thus the clipping.

I will have to check that out sometime. It doesn't do the same in MS Word 2007, does it? It doesn't behave that way over here, which is why I suspect this to be a problem of MS now inheriting more from the VS.

I don't know, I haven't used Office 2007 for months. :/

Word 2010 still uses 8-point Segoe UI in the Ribbon, or still assumes it does. I reverted the font mod:

post-99705-1257799621_thumb.png

and while it's not as bad - it's just 8-point Segoe UI semibold - you can still catch one instance of the font clipping for one of the tabs, Page Layout.

Okay, well at least we now know that inherits from the VS. :) The only way to solve this would be to change all instances of Semibold to Regular, as it seems to be inheriting from the VS now rather than being hardcoded.

I don't use a Resource hacker so I wouldn't know what to do there, sorry. I use VSB to define all that.

I'm working on a standard version without all the styling (mainly for Chinese users that can't support Semibold) and normal 'black text on white glow' titlebar so that the titlebar text will always be readable, amongst the other things that I said will get done last weekend (which never happened :(). Hopefully by this weekend I'll get all that sorted.

Thanks for reporting the bug :)

KJ.. can u tell me how to change font colors? not in VSB

and KJ one more question. Can the picture area on the startmenu b changed?? that box which holds the user pic?

@ Zain: Like I said, I only know how to modify the VS in VSB :(

The picture area on the Start menu can be changed. I think it is a BMP resource in Explorer.exe. You will need a resource hacker to replace the appropriate BMP image there.

its alrite :)

btw this makes me angry that u have to change explorer.exe

because i wanted to redo it and if i even do it ill have to provide the bmp so others can use it which half the people wont even use.

and KJ i little opinion.. the left hand bar on ur theme is tooo grey.. make it close to white. the bar where the favorites, my computer and library shortcuts are.

Upon further inspection, changing all references of Semibold to Regular didn't help either. It's probably inheriting the font properties from the titlebar...

Wow. This theme ist very nice.

But I have a smal problem:

In the menu below the text is bold until the cursor hovers above it.

hhhqsy1.png

I changed the font from Segoe UI semi-bold to normal, but that didn't help.

How can I fix it?

Congrats for your work !!! Really nice theme, works smoothly !!!

The only thing I noticed is that I lost my maximization and minimization visual effects... I checked and they are enabled, so I consider this to be a bug ?!

Thanks in advance !

it's a great style but I like you wanted a little more transparency on the taskbar...the only way I knew how to do it was replace the images in question using Restorer 2007

so I did until I was happy with the end result...I ended up having to do the start menu also though so they matched..:)

just want to say the style is excellent...I only adjusted it for personal choice.

tr1r.jpg

Edited by mike45

I love this skin, it's made me start to use Windows 7!

One problem though...

image3-taFsL.png

What's up with my corners! It was fine when I first applied it, but after rebooting... this happens.

(7 Pro 32/Uxstyle)