OPM gives Heavy Rain 9 in world-first review & other reviews

Played just a bit of the game and I must admit the story was definitely gripping. My only problem with it was I found myself wanting to watch the story pan out, not play it. Not to mention there is some absurd amounts of inputs for the simplest tasks and honestly they could have kept the motion tracking use out (repetitive shaking heavily annoys me in any game, especially when the DS3 and/or game is so bad at recognizing it right away). Another complaint of mine is the voice acting, a large amount of it was stale and poor resulting in a similar feeling towards the characters (specifically the entire introductory plot was filled with characters I really didn't care about).

Oh god no, Fahrenheit has nothing on this, it seems like a sci fi film gone wrong in comparison.

Personally i preferred the sci-fi feel to the story (other than the random and pointless sex scene). I knew going into Heavy Rain it would be a straight drama, still i was hoping for something more with the story.

I would still recommend Heavy Rain to people because it is definitely worth playing. Just to see how everything pans out for them.

Latest CAD comic (had to edit for Neowin potty mouth filter)

w5tv7.jpg

On a related note, CAD liked the game though

People sometimes ask me if the PS3 is worth buying. I tell them that the exclusives the system has are often worth the price of admission, and then I talk about the Uncharted series. Well, from now on Heavy Rain is on my list of reasons to own a PS3 right there next to Uncharted.

Rest @ http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20100301

500k worldwide first week it looks like. I suspect that NPD will have it at about 200k in the first week for the U.S. By no means awesomesauce sales, but much better than I predicted.

Is it as buggy and glitchy as people make out?

Going to buy a Slim + this game tomorrow but may change my mind if it's a bugfest.

It can definitely be an annoyance. It didn't detract too much, but I will say some parts got frustrating when i'm trying to navigate and I can't get my character to turn around.

Going to buy a Slim + this game tomorrow but may change my mind if it's a bugfest.

I would like to say not really but some people are reporting differently, others report nothing wrong at all.

I only had 1 freeze through my whole playthrough and no glitches/bugs, I done all this in one sitting.

The game saves like every few minutes anyway, it's not really possible to lose out on a large chunk of game play time.

After 1 1/2 playthroughs, plus going back over a couple chapters, I've had one audio glitch where it cut out for about 2 seconds if that long. I had worse playing Bioshock.

It's not a "bugfest", but it is buggy and gltchy. Many people are having to restart their PS3s multiple times, having audio issues, lip syncing issues, or just black screens. Sony is aware of the issues and they are working on patching it.

is it buggy?.... yes

i had a lot of audio glitches (audio cuts for a couple seconds here and there), 1 black screen with static noise, and one freeze. i also noticed a lot of slow loading textures, i.e. a scene/person would load, then a second or two later the full res texture would pop on.

having said that, it doesn't really detract from the game in a huge way as it's more about the story arc, and not the visual pizazz! :D

SPOILERS AHEAD

anyway, i just completed the game and got to admit, didn't see it as that person. i thought he looked older than 44. personally, i thought it would be the shrink, as that would answer the blackouts (hypnotised or something)... the blackouts weren't answered in my ending, so i wanna know where Ethan went when he blacked out, and where he got the origami figures he had in his hand when he came out of them???

anyway, my ending was pretty good, everyone survived except scott and jayden (he needed that tripto to do his job... i thought.... :laugh: )

I had a ton of audio glitches on the one black screen to static. That is it. But literally a ton of audio glitches, almost all to do with the background music not looping properly or just cutting out entirely. But as stated, it did not detract from the overall experience.

Well that's ****ing gay, was halfway through a scene and quit, then went to load up the game again and my save file was gone. Have to start over. FFS. there's only one save game to chose from (prologue) and that's the only chapter I can select too.

no way, sony ranked one of their games with a great score. Naaa, couldn't have happened....Do we really need to have the title so ... whats that word.... stupidly biased.... Where in any other sector of business would you go to look up a review written by the person who basically has everything riding on what they are reviewing.... no smart person would do it.

no way, sony ranked one of their games with a great score. Naaa, couldn't have happened....Do we really need to have the title so ... whats that word.... stupidly biased.... Where in any other sector of business would you go to look up a review written by the person who basically has everything riding on what they are reviewing.... no smart person would do it.

What are you on about?

What are you on about?

Someone starting a top with the title, PLAYSTATION RANKS THEIR GAME BEST EVER, like ya are trying to create some sensational following. Whats the point in ready that garbage when its so biased? You would have to be a complete fool to buy into the hype of OPM and the games they "review". Much better going about some 3rd party magazine or lone reviewer's opinion. There seems to always be one of these topics for any ps game that comes out, saying how OPM is rating it a 9 or 10. Who really cares about what OPM thinks about their games....

Someone starting a top with the title, PLAYSTATION RANKS THEIR GAME BEST EVER, like ya are trying to create some sensational following. Whats the point in ready that garbage when its so biased? You would have to be a complete fool to buy into the hype of OPM and the games they "review". Much better going about some 3rd party magazine or lone reviewer's opinion. There seems to always be one of these topics for any ps game that comes out, saying how OPM is rating it a 9 or 10. Who really cares about what OPM thinks about their games....

First of all OPM is owned by Future Publishing, an independent company. Sony has nothing to do with OPM.

Secondly, game averages out at 8.7 over 87 reviews, damn OPM for not giving it 8.7 instead of 9.

Someone needs to take their chill pill.