2010 Summer Football Transfers

It's official,Ballack and Joe Cole will be free agents at the end of the month.I wish all the best to both of them,no matter where they end up.

It's probably good news for the club but I'm gutted

Joe will forever be a Chelsea legend

Joe will either go to Arsenal or Spurs (or Utd but I don't know Fergie would love to spend nothing)

Wenger refused to confirm his side would be making a summer swoop for Cole, but admitted he was a fan of the talented 28-year-old.

"I like him as a player because when he played against us he always did a lot of damage against Arsenal," Wenger told Sky Sports News.

"He can create impact through his creative play. He can dribble, he can pass, he can score goals."

Wenger maintains that his young side are on the cusp of greatness and isn't interested in looking to dismantle a team which has taken him years to build.

"What is important is that Cesc has a great World Cupspacer.gif and what is also important is that he comes back to Arsenal and has a great desire to do well for the club," he told Sky Sports News.

"We want to keep our best players, that is my huge determination.

So Cesc stays or gets replaced by Gourcuff and Cole comes in.. that could actually be great :p

Arsenal have confirmed they have made an approach to sign Fulham goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer.

Wenger wants a new No.1 and this has been confirmed by his pursuit of the Australian custodian.

Despite being 37, the former Middlesbrough shot-stopper, is still considered one of the Premier League's best and he played a huge part in Fulham's resurgence in the past couple of seasons.

Now Wenger is hoping he can strike a deal with Fulham, although they have rebuffed Arsenal's opening advances.

"We have made an enquiry for him and they are not prepared to sell him so we have gone away," Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood told the Daily Star.

"We can only hope they will change their minds, but at the moment it doesn't look like it."

Meanwhile, Hill-Wood has also confirmed that Arsenal will not be meeting the demands of William Gallas - who is out-of-contract at the end of this month.

The French international wants at least a two-year deal, which goes against Arsenal policy as they generally do not offer more than 12-month contracts to players over 30.

At 32, Gallas has only been offered a one-year extension - which he has thus far refused to sign.

"He is asking for too much for too long," he said.

"Players are going to have to learn some time that money doesn't grow on trees."

I saw this story at Sky Sports but tht its not worth posting as the source was Star rolleyes.gif

I hope its not true.. though Schwarzer is better than any keepers we have (and maybe even 2 of them put together) I hope we get a really top keeper like Lloris or Akinfeev..

I saw this story at Sky Sports but tht its not worth posting as the source was Star rolleyes.gif

I hope its not true.. though Schwarzer is better than any keepers we have (and maybe even 2 of them put together) I hope we get a really top keeper like Lloris or Akinfeev..

yeah but he would have to spend ?20+ for them...and I don't see him doing that...if he can get freebies like Cole and Schwarzer then he will

EXCLUSIVE: Joe Cole has agreed to join Arsenal after the World Cup on a three-year deal, Goal.com UK can reveal. The midfielder was released by Chelsea on Wednesday but had already signed a deal in principle to move to the Emirates on an ?80,000-a-week contrac

Not confirmed since no word of it on Arsenal.com yet.. we will return to 4-4-2 or 4-1-3-2 or any other formation with 4 or 5 in midfield it seems.. Cole is also injury prone so that's a bit of a concern with our top players like Cesc, RvP, Arshavin, Nasri and almost everyone getting injured every season.. we need a new medical staff..

I think the reason why Arsenal have not been vocal was because in 1986 they had a gentlemans agreement with Aberdeen and Alex Ferguson, with George Graham being his deputy

to come coach and manage Arsenal.

Alex said, he did not want it announced till after the 1986 world cup.

Someone at Arsenal blubbed it out, so Alex Ferguson changed his mind.

George Graham (ex Arsenal double winner) became manager and coach.

I am sure that is how it went 24 years ago.

So I guess this time, maybe Arsenal have an agreement with Cole not to mention it till the world cup is done.

Nice to see Arsenal getting some free transfers, Senderos went on a free, I did read first that the journalist wrote he went for ?3,000,000.

The money Arsenal saved on a free transfer on Cole from Chelsea, means they can top up his wage demands.

West Ham co-chairman David Gold has revealed the club have not given up hope of signing Joe Cole and Thierry Henry. :rofl:

Former Hammer Cole will become a free agent at the end of the month following his release from Chelsea, while former Arsenal striker Henry could leave Spanish giants Barcelona this summer.

Both players are currently on World Cup duty in South Africa, but Gold and co-chairman David Sullivan have made it clear they are intent on making a "marquee" signing before the start of the new season.

Offers have been made for both Cole and Henry, although Gold does not expect anything to be finalised until after the South Africa showpiece.

Delicate

"We, as much as anyone, want England to do well at the World Cup so there's absolutely no chance of us talking to Joe during the World Cup," Gold said.

"We wouldn't do that during this very delicate period but after that, that's a different matter.

"When it comes to big transfers we don't like to leave any stone unturned.

"The chance of getting Cole is 10/1 and therefore there is a one in 10 chance of us getting him. We probably won't get him but the offer is still there.

"There is the same chance of Henry coming but we will try. We had a chat with him for a bit but it looks like he is going to be offered another contract.

"The offer is still on the table for him too and it will be there for another two or three weeks.

"We have had it in the past where we have thrown the net out far and we will throw the net out again in the future.

"When we were the owners of Birmingham City, nobody would have thought that we would have been able to get Christophe Dugarry but we did and he had an amazing half a season and he kept us in the Premier League."

Gold and Sullivan have emphasised their intent not to jeopardise the club's financial future by over-spending, but bringing in either player would undoubtedly boost ticket sales and give the club a bigger presence commercially.

One person who will not be leaving the club, according to Gold, is England goalkeeper Robert Green.

"Robert Green has two years left on his contract and we hope he will start the season and be with us for years to come so we are very happy with him," Gold said.

"He is a world class goalkeeper and we want him to stay with us."

Mascherano learning Italian

By Soccernet staff

Javier Mascherano has fuelled rumours he may be set to join Rafael Benitez at Inter Milan after revealing he is learning Italian.

Mascherano, currently on international duty with Argentina at the World Cup, has been heavily linked with a move away from Anfield as Liverpool may be forced to sell star players to balance the books.

The Italian press has suggested Benitez could make Mascherano his main transfer target and it appears the midfielder may be considering a move to Serie A.

"I am learning Italian while I'm here in South Africa," he said. "I don't know what I will do after the tournament. We shall see."

shiiiiiiiiiiiiet :(

Zoran Tosic appears set to join CSKA Moscow after Cologne revealed they are unable to compete with the offer for the Manchester United winger.

The 22-year-old is currently on World Cup duty with the Serbia squad, but is likely to finalise a permanent move away from Old Trafford after the finals.

Tosic spent the second half of last season on loan at Cologne after struggling to make an impact at United and impressed during his time in the Bundesliga.

Cologne were keen on a permanent deal, and Tosic had also expressed a wish to rejoin the club, but CSKA have reportedly made an ?8million bid.

CSKA are looking at Tosic as a replacement for his Serie A-bound compatriot Milos Krasic and Cologne director Michael Meier concedes his club are unable to match the Russians' offer.

"We made him an offer to stay," said Meier.

"But the sums of money put before him make it hard for any German club to compete."

Meier added in Express: "But, in the end, there are only winners in the deal.

"We stayed in the league thanks to Tosic, Zoran was able to show his form and is at the World Cup and Manchester United can achieve their asking price."

446824613.jpg

Sky Sports understands that Argentinian star Juan Roman Riquelme is on the verge of joining West Ham on a two-year deal.

The former Villarreal midfielder is ready to return to Europe after a three-year stint with domestic giants Boca Juniors.

His agent, Barry McIntosh, has confirmed that no less than five Premier League clubs are interested in the 31-year-old, who retired from international duty after a fall-out with coach Diego Maradona.

Everton and Tottenham have enquired about Riquelme's availability in the last two years while Brazilian club Flamengo have already put an offer on the table.

But West Ham, who have already signed Germany international Thomas Hitzlsperger on a free transfer from Lazio this summer, are leading the race to secure Riquelme's services.

"There are at least four other English clubs in the equation," McIntosh told Sky Sports News.

"But I think the location of London, the challenge at West Ham and working beside the likes of Scott Parker and Thomas Hitzlsperger have been very important factors in him considering the move.

"Right now, we think the best option, the most likely, and the one he's most interested in is West Ham.

"I think for a foreign player of the magnitude of Riquelme, the lure of London is always going to be a deciding factor over any other club.

"So unless Arsenal come in then I think the most likely destination and the one Riquelme would be most interested in is West Ham."

:cool: :woot: :blink:

William Gallas is close to leaving Arsenal after his representative met with Juventus officials in Turin on Tuesday, Tuttosport has revealed.

The 33-year-old?s contract expires at the Emirates Stadium this month and refused to sign the Gunners? offer of a one-year contract extension.

Gallas? agent Etienne Mendy met with Juventus officials on Tuesday to discuss a three-year deal worth 2.5m Euros per year (around ?40,000 per week). Those figures are a lot less than the reported ?80,000 per week Gallas demanded to stay at Arsenal.

French international Gallas is expected to miss Les Bleus? vital World Cup match with Mexico tomorrow, due to a calf problem.

Meanwhile, centre half Laurent Koscielny has asked Lorient to accept an ?8.3 million offer to let him join the north London club. Arsenal have been heavily linked with a move for the 24-year-old centre-back, and he?s expected to be a like-for-like replacement for Gallas.

---

David Silva, the Spain international midfielder, has had a change of mind about moving to England and is deliberating whether to choose Manchester City or Chelsea amid firm interest from both clubs.

Silva's reluctance to leave Spain was described as unflinching when City opened formal talks with Valencia at the end of last season but the player has gradually come round to the idea of playing in the Premier League, not least because of the realisation that Real Madrid's new manager, Jos? Mourinho, is not keen on recruiting him.

Barcelona also have other targets, having already signed David Villa from Valencia, and Silva is now left with a choice of remaining at Valencia or moving to England. His representatives have informed Valencia in the last 48 hours that he would like to take the option of a transfer.

That now boils down to a straight choice between City or Chelsea depending on a financial arrangement being agreed with his current club. That, however, is proving far from straightforward, with Valencia asking around ?40m (?33.2m), a fee that is considered exorbitant at Eastlands and Stamford Bridge.

City were the first club to register an official interest in the 24-year-old and have the financial power to offer more than Chelsea in terms of both the transfer fee and the player's salary, which currently stands at ?3m a year and could easily be doubled if he were to join Roberto Mancini's team. Chelsea, however, have the lure of playing in the Champions League next season and of joining a club that has just deposed Manchester United as champions.

Silva is described as open-minded but it is understood he marginally favours Chelsea on the basis that City's reputation in Spain is not yet of one of Europe's more powerful clubs, at least not in football terms. The likelihood is that he will wait until after the World Cup in case a good tournament persuades Madrid or Barcelona to look into his availability.

City's pursuit of Silva partly originates from their knowledge that two of their more creative players, Robinho and Stephen Ireland, both want to leave the club this summer. Robinho, one of Brazil's more impressive players in the 2-1 defeat of North Korea, has made it clear he does not want to return to Manchester when his loan arrangement with Santos expires on 4 August and his representatives are due to meet the City chief executive, Garry Cook, to make that official. That meeting was due to take place today but will now be held next week.

Javier Mascherano's agent claims Inter Milan have made tentative enquiries regarding his client's availability.

The Liverpool midfielder has been strongly linked with an exit from Anfield this summer, with numerous clubs touted as possible destinations.

Spanish giants Barcelona are reported to be long-time admirers of the Argentina international, but they are currently focused on their pursuit of Cesc Fabregas.

That has potentially opened the door to other potential suitors, with Serie A champions Inter making the first move.

Former Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is now in charge at Giuseppe Meazza and is well aware of the qualities Mascherano has to offer.

With contract talks on Merseyside currently stalled, while the South American star is away on World Cup duty, Inter hope they can steal in and snatch the 25-year-old away.

"There has already been a first contact with director Marco Branca," Mascherano's agent Marco Piccioli told www.itasportpress.it.

Benitez makes Castellazzi his first Inter signing

Rafael Benitez has made his first signing as Inter Milan coach after Luca Castellazzi put pen to paper on a two-year deal at the San Siro.

Luca Castellazzi is Rafael Benitez's first signing.

Benitez was only unveiled as Inter coach this week but has wasted little time snapping up the veteran goalkeeper, who is a free agent after his contract with Sampdoria came to an end this summer.

Castellazzi made 19 appearances last season before being sidelined for two months with a knee injury and losing his place to Marco Storari, but the 34-year-old claims he is now 100% fit.

"First of all I want to say thanks to Inter,'' he told Inter Channel. "To become a Nerazzurri player gives me great pride. I really can't wait to start, to put myself at the disposal of Rafael Benitez, I feel a great joy.

"I feel emotional, it is an honour for me to join the Inter family, I'm arriving in a very strong team, returning from an exceptional year, as a result my happiness can not but be huge because of being chosen by such an important team.

"From the physical point of view I'm very good: I had a fantastic first half of the season, perhaps the best of my career, then I got injured in January at Napoli, but overall it was a slight injury.

"I had to stay out a couple of months, but then I was again available, as soon March. Now I'm fine, I've even had the medical, all is well: I am at 100%.''

Castellazzi is expected to serve as understudy to Brazil goalkeeper Julio Cesar, who was a key part of the Inter side that won the Champions League, Serie A and the Coppa Italia last term.

And the Italian, who spent five seasons at Samp, revealed a move to Inter had been on the cards for several weeks. He added: "For all the fans, players and the club the month of May that has just finished was incredible, unique.

"It was nice to see from the outside these triumphs, as I was already sympathetic to Inter, however, because there had already been some contacts, so I already felt part of it, it was great. Inter are a great team, a great club, to which I am really proud to now belong .

"For me, it will also be a great honour to work alongside Julio Cesar, who at the moment as a goalkeeper is in my opinion the best in the world for quality and consistency of performance in a club that is one of the strongest in the world and in a national side that is one of the strongest in the world.

"Julio Cesar is really the best that the scope of goalkeepers has to offer and I think that also as a person he is very balanced and calm, as an opponent I've always had a really good impression and I am convinced that I will also have that as a teammate.''

s7Uonl.jpg

Arsenal have struck a deal, subject to personal terms and a medical, with FC Lorient for their young centre back Laurent Koscielny, Young Guns has learnt.

The Ligue One outfit announced this morning that Francis Coquelin would be going in the opposite direction, on loan. Although the two deals are not connected, an informal ?link up? which could see the two sides exchange youth players, in a similar way to the previous relationship with UD Salamanca, appears to have been the clincher.

No fee has been detailed about Koscielny, yet it?s expected he?ll move for a fee above ?10 million euros in total, with potential clauses should Laurent fulfil certain criteria.