2010 Summer Football Transfers

technically they haven't released more allowed to go...Toure being released would be insane seeing as Man City were offering ?28m for him :p

If that's the case then it makes more sense.I still think Toure is better than Bousquets,Guardiola is making a mistake like the Ibra-Eto'o deal.

Ninis is talented,but to weak for the EPL.He goes missing in important games.

If that's the case then it makes more sense.I still think Toure is better than Bousquets,Guardiola is making a mistake like the Ibra-Eto'o deal.

Ninis is talented,but to weak for the EPL.He goes missing in important games.

today papers are stating that Toure may stay cause the deal with City was due the monday. Tomorrow the new president will be in and they are saying that he'll meet with the player and Guardiola to solve this and that they want him to stay.

and as you said, Yaya is far better that Busquets but Guardiola still prefers the second, and about Ibra-Eto'o i don't think it was a mistake, they are different players and Ibra made a great first year if we consider that he came from Inter and calcio

it's official,

David Silva will feel at home straight away at the City of Manchester Stadium - the Blues' latest star signing conjured the winning goal on his previous visit.

The Spanish international has happy memories of his new home ground after scoring for Champions League outfit Valencia in a pre-season opener against City three years ago.

Now 24-year-old Silva, currently in South Africa on Spain's World Cup mission, is the perfect recruit for manager Roberto Mancini's forthcoming Europa League campaign.

Reigning champions Chelsea won't need reminding of the cracking Champions League goal he scored against them back in 2007, and the attacking midfielder has a fine international pedigree.

He was joint top scorer with four goals in the 2005 FIFA World Youth Championships, helping Spain to reach the quarter-finals, and made his senior debut in November, 2006.

David scored his first goals in a 3-2 win over Greece in 2007 and played a key role in Spain's 2008 European Championship success, including a semi-final goal against Russia.

He came to prominence when Valencia loaned him to top-flight side Celta Vigo for the 2005-06 season and he hit four goals in 31 games to help clinch a UEFA Cup spot.

David's exploits earned him a seven-year contract and he made more than 140 appearances for Valencia, scoring 20 goals, before deciding to join City's Blue Revolution.

First Mancini's new man has a World Cup to attend to as Spain prepare for Saturday night's quarter-final showdown with Roque Santa Cruz's Paraguay at Ellis Park.

Source

acording to Marca, the price is between 30 & 35M€

City were already capable of beating most teams last season or at least getting a draw against top team like United.

Every signing they make makes their bid for the title stronger.

Damn :x

Manchester City began their summer spending today when they reached an agreement with Valencia to sign David Silva for £24.5 million

says "The Times".. thats incredibly cheap dont you think? blink.gif

says "The Times".. thats incredibly cheap dont you think? blink.gif

cheap to them but expensive to other clubs :p I mean would Arsenal spend ?24.5m or more on Silva?

cheap to them but expensive to other clubs :p I mean would Arsenal spend £24.5m or more on Silva?

We could.. we are one of the most financially sound clubs in the world atm.. but don't spend on transfers realmad.gif

I believe mega transfers are need at Arsenal.. and that includes cleaning house first.. the Almunias and Denilsons just have to go.. and then we can bring in class.. but first we MUST replace the keepers this season and buy atleast 2 more CB's..

City were already capable of beating most teams last season or at least getting a draw against top team like United.

Every signing they make makes their bid for the title stronger.

Damn :x

It's a bit like when Abramovich took over Chelsea isn't it?

:p

It's a bit like when Abramovich took over Chelsea isn't it?

:p

What goes around..

Their improvement though will be much bigger,turning from a top 10 side to title challengers.

What goes around..

Their improvement though will be much bigger,turning from a top 10 side to title challengers.

Aye, they will see more of a marked improvement.

If Man City throw enough poo (money) at the wall... some will stick...

Aye, they will see more of a marked improvement.

If Man City throw enough poo (money) at the wall... some will stick...

:rofl:

Damien - when the hell did you get to 63,000 posts?

Did I fall asleep or something?

I hit 60k in April!

they created a new badge because well I outlasted my others!

Manchester City have signed midfielder Yaya Toure from Barcelona on a five-year deal for an undisclosed fee. :sleep:

The 27-year-old, who played for Ivory Coast at this summer's World Cup, was told he was surplus to requirements at the Catalan club last week.

"This is another fantastic signing for Manchester City," manager Roberto Mancini told the club's website.

Toure's arrival follows deals for Spain midfielder David Silva and Germany defender Jerome Boateng.

Toure, who will enjoy a three-week break before joining his new team-mates for pre-season training, is thought to have cost City in the region of ?28m, taking the club's summer outlay to about ?60m - still some way short of last season's ?120m spending spree.

The younger brother of City captain Kolo, Yaya Toure complained in December of a lack of playing time at La Liga champions Barcelona, telling BBC Sport he was keen to play in "100% of games."

However, Mancini backed Toure to help City build on last season's fifth-place finish in the Premier League.

"Everyone knows Yaya is a player that we have admired for a long time," added Mancini.

"We would like to welcome him to Manchester City. He has played at the top level with Barcelona and I am sure his experience and ability will be very important for us."

Toure played every minute of Ivory Coast's World Cup campaign and scored in the 3-0 victory against North Korea, but was unable to prevent them from exiting at the group stages - albeit from a group that also contained Brazil and Portugal.

It looks like we got Benayoun for ?6.5million. :huh:

I hope West Ham slapped a sell on clause :p (doubt it though) ?6.5m for a 30 year old seems a bit much but he's a good worker.

Real Madrid striker Raul has reportedly agreed a deal to switch to German side Schalke 04.

The 33-year-old former Spain international has been a stalwart for Madrid in recent years, although he has now fallen down the pecking order at the Bernabeu.

Raul is rumoured to have already signed a two-year contract with the Bundesliga side, although the deal until June 2011 will not be finalised until he returns from his holiday, according to the Spanish press.

He is thought to have received other offers from clubs in the USA and Qatar, but a move to Germany is his preferred option.

Raul is set to move for no fee, as new Real manager Jose Mourinho tries to build a new squad after taking the reins in the Spanish capital last month.

Raul's salary is reportedly ?4million (?3.3m) per annum at Schalke and he has the chance to play in the UEFA Champions League next season after they finished second in the Bundesliga last term.

The experienced striker has been a professional with Real for 16 years and is regarded as a legend among the club's fans.

However, despite the speculation, Schalke manager Felix Magath insists a deal has not been agreed yet.

"We are interested in him and are negotiating with his agent," Magath told Bild newspaper.

"The player has not decided yet and wants time until the end of July to make up his mind.

"It would be a huge signing for Schalke and the whole Bundesliga."

I read Raul is set to snub interest from Schalke 04.. :huh:

oh? I posted that from Sky Sports which they posted it 4:30pm so who knows!

Bordeaux president Jean-Louis Triaud has admitted an approach from Lyon for Yoann Gourcuff but says they are 'not attracted' about any potential deal.

Gourcuff has been widely tipped to leave Parc Lescure after returning from South Africa, where he was on World Cup duty with France.

Arsenal and Lyon have been among the clubs linked with the 23-year-old, and while the French outfit have enquired about the playmaker, Triaud believes nothing more will come of it.

He told 20 minutes: "An official from Lyon called one of our officials to talk. But there was no concrete proposition, it all remained vague.

"Frankly, we don't care, we are absolutely not attracted (to selling him to Lyon)."

Last month, Lyon president Jean-Michael Aulas admitted the club were interested in the player but would not be in the hunt for his signature as he would cost too much.