2010 Summer Football Transfers

"We identified Koscielny as a very, very strong centre half," he (Wenger) told Arsenal.com.

"He can be an outstanding addition to our team. But it is not over, we are still open to buy.

"We are still on the market for another defensive player because we have the need for one more."

Someone please tell me he means we are looking for a keeper.. I can't believe we are still thinking of giving the clown and Flappy "another chance".. sad.gif

Wenger has made recruiting a shot-stopper one of his top priorities this summer as he looks to solve the somewhat problematic position at the Emirates.

The Gunners have been linked with a host of keepers and it appears Udinesespacer.gif custodian Handanovic is at the top of Wenger's wanted list after impressing the Frenchman at the World Cup,spacer.gif especially in the narrow defeat to England. Handanovic is regarded as one of the best young goalkeepers in Europe having impressed for club and country in recent years.

Arsenalspacer.gif have seen a bid for Fulhamspacer.gif keeper Mark Schwarzerspacer.gif rejected and the Gunners could now switch their focus to Handanovic as an alternative, with the player seen as a long-term option for the club as he is only 25-years-old.

Source: Sky Sports

Finally!!

Also just read City are going for Balotelli and Edin Dzeko!!

Bordeaux chairman Jean-Louis Triaud has played down speculation linking the club with strikers Loic Remy and Andre-Pierre Gignac.

The French outfit are thought to be keen on 23-year-old Nice striker Remy and Toulouse hot-shot Gignac, 24.

They are thought to have offered ?9million (?7.5m) for Remy, but that falls way short of Nice's asking price, with West Ham recently having a bid of ?13.5million (?11.3million) rejected for the striker.

Meanwhile, Gignac is tied to Toulouse until 2013 and a similar large fee would be needed to prise him away from the Municipal Stadium, but Triaud insists the club will not be held to ransom on either player.

He told L'Equipe: "I have heard rumours that we are supposed to be interested in Loic Remy and Andre-Pierre Gignac.

"But if the fee is ?15m (?12.5m), I believe we can't match the market's reality."

As regards current Bordeaux players, Arsenal and Lyon are thought to be interested in midfielder Yoann Gourcuff, while skipper and fellow midfielder Alou Diarra is also thought to be attracting interest.

While Triaud says the pair would be allowed to leave the club, he insists this will only be if the price was right.

He added: "If they want to leave and a club would pay the fee stated in the clauses, I would say congratulations and good luck."

UNAM Pumas have confirmed that they have agreed a deal with West Ham United for Pablo Barrera.

Barrera's future has been the subject of speculation in recent weeks following a string of impressive performances for his country at the World Cup.

Employed as an impact substitute in South Africa, Barrera caught the eye with his lightning pace and helped Mexico reach the last 16.

His displays reportedly attracted the attention of several European clubs including Espanyol, Celtic and West Ham's Premier League rivals Everton.

But it is the Hammers who have won the chase for the 23-year-old's signature, snapping him up for an undisclosed fee believed to be in the region of ?4million.

The president of Pumas, Victor Mahbub, announced the transfer was now completed and Barrera would travel to England this weekend.

"We have just finished the negotiations for transferring Pablo Barrera to West Ham. We and the player are satisfied with the arrangement that we have done with West Ham," Mahbub told Mediotiempo.

"Barrera will be signing a four-year contract, then in two or three years be transferred to another team. :unsure:

"We got to a satisfactory agreement for both parts and I want to make clear that there wasn't any agent involved in the negotiations, everything was done from one club to the other and for respecting both teams we have arranged the transfer."

Barrera himself stated he was looking forward to his move and said: "I have been informed during the afternoon on Friday that my transfer to West Ham has been arranged.

"Now I am starting to get very anxious about travelling to England so I can join my new team, know my team-mates, the stadium, the city, everything."

Paul Scharner's agent has revealed a transfer to Liverpool would be a 'dream move' amid reports he is due to discuss a possible free transfer to Merseyside.

New Reds boss Roy Hodgson is thought to be an admirer of the versatile 30-year-old, who left Wigan after his contract expired at the end of last season.

Hodgson tried to sign the Austrian on three occasions when manager of Fulham, but failed in each attempt.

It was also thought that the 62-year-old was trying to secure his signature at Craven Cottage before moving to Anfield at the start of July.

Aston Villa and Sunderland are also rumoured to be interested in landing Scharner's signature, but Liverpool is believed to be his preferred destination.

Scharner's agent Valentin Hobel confirmed Hodgson is a fan of the player and is waiting to see if Liverpool firm up any interest.

"Roy Hodgson and Paul Scharner - this is a special relationship," said Hobel.

"Hodgson thinks that Paul's strengths in midfield are better than his attributes in central defence.

"Liverpool would be a dream, of course, but we are in contact with several clubs. Because he is a free transfer, he can choose."

torreslfc.jpg

Now can we please stop reading about how he's moving to London each week.

popele gotta learn that he loves liverpool and isn't going anywhere.

Wonder how much they are paying him. Was reading earlier about Ryan Giggs saying he wants to end his career in MLS.

this is a joke. it's sad that people are motivated by money. henry could play in any other club in the world (european) but he chooses to play FOOTBALL in a country that calls it SOCCER and has a crap league. it'd be the same if he chose to move to the A-League in Australia....oh wait that's even worse.

Latest set of rumours I came across:

Paul Scharner and Taye Taiwo could replace Lucas Leiva and Emiliano Insua at Anfield...
Serdar Tasci looks set to join either Arsenal or Tottenham this summer...
Kaka is reportedly surplus to requirements at Real Madrid with Chelsea set to pounce...
Zlatan Ibrahimovic's agent is set to fly to Manchester this week to talk about a possible move to the Premier League...
Liverpool are chasing Paraguay midfielder Victor Caceres...
Mark Schwarzer will cost Arsenal £4 million...

I've read that Insua will definitely leave,do Liverpool even have an LB now?

Kaka is reportedly surplus to requirements at Real Madrid with Chelsea set to pounce...

And god I'll go bitchslap Ancelotti if this is true

New Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson has confessed that the club are battling to ensure that their disappointed star players do not leave Anfield this summer.

Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard have both been linked with moves away from Merseyside in the wake of last season's failed campaign for the Reds.

Javier Mascherano is another who appears unsettled and it seems probable that the Argentina captain will follow former boss Rafa Benitez in switching to Inter Milan.

Hodgson said when he was unveiled as Liverpool's new manager that he wanted to keep his key, inherited assets, and he maintains that stance.

But the ex-Fulham chief admits that the Reds are having to worry, saying: "We are working very hard on making certain the players we have at the club who you would call the 'good players' are going to be with us for next season.

"The board are working very hard in that area. Some players are a bit disappointed after what happened last season and we want to make sure we get that enchantment back."

As well as the reported exodus from Anfield, a host of names have been linked with moves to Merseyside as Hodgson looks to make changes to his squad.

"We are looking to add to and improve the squad, but I prefer not to talk or say what we are doing until we have something concrete to announce," he added.

"We are being linked with players left, right and centre and it amuses me that we are sometimes linked with players we haven't even heard of.

"I have great faith in the Liverpool public that they will see through the snippets of information they may read, take it with a pinch of salt and wait for an official announcement."

^ PLEAAAAAAAAASE save mascherano :(

this is a joke. it's sad that people are motivated by money. henry could play in any other club in the world (european) but he chooses to play FOOTBALL in a country that calls it SOCCER and has a crap league. it'd be the same if he chose to move to the A-League in Australia....oh wait that's even worse.

soccer is a british term (Y) and last time i checked, money was usually the motivation most player went anywhere.

ANd star european players going to MLS is only going to grow the sport over here, so calm down bud.

I feel Henry is making a mistake.. he will be back like Beckham came to Milan..

he might be a big hit, Angel when he left Villa made an instant impact in MLS

i for one am excited to see henry play in vancouver this year :) one of my all times fave players. maybe henry just wanted a change of scenery for a while?